Volvo B9R

Rvd_rider

SETC 190V new UltraDeluxe TNV - CHN 5.30pm 14-03-2019

Some emergency trip travelled to my native with friend by car and return in SETC. plan to come in luxury sleeper that day ticket price was less than 850 in tranz king(most preferable operator). just bus crazy tried SETC new Ultra deluxe. i already used this serivice from chennai to Ambasamudram. This time i reached nellai 3.30pm and met my friend. thought of going to his home and 9.30pm tranzking have 15 seats available. suddenly changed the plan and checked with SETC time keeper. he said first bus new setc. 190 ud. no second thought i asked the timing he said 5.30pm. normally it will start 7.30pm only not sure the time changes. bus already parked in bay along with 282 chennai and 2 byepass rider madurai. one Dindugal nagercoil service too. almost all seats are free. i took 15W. bus started exactly 5.25pm with 2 passengers on board. he took reverse and parked opposite to setc counter. bus got filled half many of them board to trichy vilupuram bound. now the second driver came i know this guy he is usally drove very fast 180v byepass rider period. his name is Murugan i think. second driver name also i know. i saw him many times in vasantham AC. we started 5.45 along with udangudi bound and another setc from nager coil. first driver drove very slowly upto setc depo. then he stopped near by depo and went inside it took 15 mints. he back now we again resumed our journey. he started crazy driving bus was literally flying before reaching sankar nagar he overtook nagercoil setc and newbie madurai. then we joined four lane. bus was constantly driving above 90+. we reached kayathar toll wasted 10 mints then again ripped. went kovipatti new bus stand and 3 more people got in. all are tambaram. then bus went good speed. we stopped after satur for first bio break. it lasted 20 mints i had dosa here some what taste is ok. here couple of setc joined and AVRMV crossed, jothi crossed here. we started but both were out of sight. we went inside thirumangalam and pick 2 passengers. went madurai mattuthavani 9.15pm. bus got filled here. we imedtly started. after melur he stopped for dinner . it last 30 mints. second driver in wheel . he literally rip the beast. we overook almost 6 travels from motel to trichy which include thangam sleeper, AVK, parveen non ac, tat non ac. we went trichy and dropped couple and got 3 more. i slept and got up when we entered vilupuram. again started sleepeing. got up when bus reached chengulpet i checked time was 4.40am. i got dropped 5.10 in urapakkam. over all speedy journey. SETC rocking...i didnt see any bus overtook us in running.

HRSH

SETC 190V new UltraDeluxe TNV - CHN 5.30pm 14-03-2019

Some emergency trip travelled to my native with friend by car and return in SETC. plan to come in luxury sleeper that day ticket price was less than 850 in tranz king(most preferable operator). just bus crazy tried SETC new Ultra deluxe. i already used this serivice from chennai to Ambasamudram. This time i reached nellai 3.30pm and met my friend. thought of going to his home and 9.30pm tranzking have 15 seats available. suddenly changed the plan and checked with SETC time keeper. he said first bus new setc. 190 ud. no second thought i asked the timing he said 5.30pm. normally it will start 7.30pm only not sure the time changes. bus already parked in bay along with 282 chennai and 2 byepass rider madurai. one Dindugal nagercoil service too. almost all seats are free. i took 15W. bus started exactly 5.25pm with 2 passengers on board. he took reverse and parked opposite to setc counter. bus got filled half many of them board to trichy vilupuram bound. now the second driver came i know this guy he is usally drove very fast 180v byepass rider period. his name is Murugan i think. second driver name also i know. i saw him many times in vasantham AC. we started 5.45 along with udangudi bound and another setc from nager coil. first driver drove very slowly upto setc depo. then he stopped near by depo and went inside it took 15 mints. he back now we again resumed our journey. he started crazy driving bus was literally flying before reaching sankar nagar he overtook nagercoil setc and newbie madurai. then we joined four lane. bus was constantly driving above 90+. we reached kayathar toll wasted 10 mints then again ripped. went kovipatti new bus stand and 3 more people got in. all are tambaram. then bus went good speed. we stopped after satur for first bio break. it lasted 20 mints i had dosa here some what taste is ok. here couple of setc joined and AVRMV crossed, jothi crossed here. we started but both were out of sight. we went inside thirumangalam and pick 2 passengers. went madurai mattuthavani 9.15pm. bus got filled here. we imedtly started. after melur he stopped for dinner . it last 30 mints. second driver in wheel . he literally rip the beast. we overook almost 6 travels from motel to trichy which include thangam sleeper, AVK, parveen non ac, tat non ac. we went trichy and dropped couple and got 3 more. i slept and got up when we entered vilupuram. again started sleepeing. got up when bus reached chengulpet i checked time was 4.40am. i got dropped 5.10 in urapakkam. over all speedy journey. SETC rocking...i didnt see any bus overtook us in running.
I agree that the bus was fast and good, but close to 12 hrs from TNV to CHN is long as some SETC/TNSTC buses do Nagercoil Chennai is less than 12 hours.I agree that too much of time was wasted enroute, but SETC has to consider this too!
Also, what happened to that 9-6 service from SETC?
Had heard that it was good!

deepam

Super User
Today I spoke to Davanagere to Hyderabad bus crew.
Ambaari which was operating in this route was withdrawn due to frequent breakdowns related to Suspension system [as suspension is weak and cannot take the abuse of 200+ speed breakers] and replaced by Volvo B11R.
Hyderabad to Davanagere; the bus covers in ~ 9 hours. While return from Davanagere; they take close to 11 hours. This is due to the pick-up delay by passengers and to meet kmpl targets.