Volvo B9R

binaiks

I think they must be SVLL buses. SVLL had bought them in bulk. Most of them were in 2 x 1 seating configuration. They were unused since SVLL went underground. Maybe some south operator has got them in auction.
Cheers,
AB
No. Not SVLL. Most SVLL buses are already back at Scania, or sold in Auction.

The buses in question [Spotted on trailers] were owned by Chirag - the buses are being brought back by Scania after being seized due to loan defaults.

deepam

Super User

The buses in question [Spotted on trailers] were owned by Chirag - the buses are being brought back by Scania after being seized due to loan defaults.
+++++++++++++
Chirag was touted as the largest customer to have bought Scania buses!
So currently it is SRS travels followed by KSRTC to own maximum Scania buses.
Recently Morning Star Travels has acquired Scania bi-axle buses.

dozerbull

Ohh..So thats why Hebron dont have any buses with them. Most of the Hebron Scanias belong to Chirag, right?

deepam

Super User
KSRTC has changed the schedule of Manipal - KIAL Flybus.
The bus is now departing Manipal at 3:30 PM, Mangalore at 5 PM, reaching Majestic at 1 AM and KIAL at 2 AM. So this is really good move by KSRTC so that one can comfortably catch the 5-6 AM flights.

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
Evacay Journey Again

On one fine weekend decided to meet some of my friends(read as bus fans down south) and planned to have a round journey from Chennai. Started 06/04 early morning and took Tejas to Madurai (We can have review of that for someother day :p) Got down at madurai in Scheduled time(12.30) and had lunch and small meet up. started to Tuticorin in TNSTC newbie which was registered two days back. The Vehicle was locked at 75 which combined with the Summer temperature tested the patience. Driver tried his best but in vain and reached in around 2hr 45 mins. Had another meet there and took the 1 to 1 to Nellai. The oldie was around 8 years old but still topped 91 and covered the distance in around 50 mins. Now the thing is all end to end buses between Nellai and Ngl are replaced by newbies now. Met some friends there. But there was absolutely zero bus because of traffic jam caused by political party meet. Finally got into newbie and started another 70kmph ride and reached Nagercoil finally around 9.15 PM and @Hersom bro was already waiting there, had our dinner , few delicacies and the wait finally began for last leg of the journey by Evacay B11r from Nagercoil to Chennai,

Observations till now:
- Speedlock of Tnstc 3*2 newbies should be increased asap.
- Seats are very much comfortable with nice interiors
- Feels newbies has a bit more glass and much heat is getting in

And finally the review
Nagercoil-Chennai

Operator : Evacay Bus
Bus type: Volvo B11R 14.5 Multi Axle AC semi sleeper (2+2) 12 rows+ one driver berth
Act/Sch Departure : 10.30 PM/10.40 PM
Act/Sch Arrival : 7.45 AM/7.45 AM

My last Multi axle journey in this route was in erstwhile Jeppiar and SRM Multi and had very few journeys in this sector after that and even those were in sleepers. So was pretty much excited for this.
Reached Vadaserry Omni BS after dinner around 10 PM. One by One buses from NGL starts arriving NeeVee towards Chennai ,Kerala Lines towards Bangalore and DOT at 10.30 PM Came our superstar glittering in lights. Sure its an head turner once it entered the BS. I got in and took my seat #48 in the hope that no one would book the nearby seat and it was successful. Got inside the bus and AC was maintained at optimal temperature. Blankets and Water bottles were in place. Interior looked stunning in yellow and looks exactly like their other Pathanamthitta Chennai 11r which i take frequently. Bus departed at around 10.40 and stopped in fuel pump near Thovalai for fuel and bio break. Petrol pump was crowded and started back after around 20 mins. Vehicle was constantly maintained at around 100 kmph and driving was absolutely superb with no unwanted moves. Reached Nellai boarding and started back around 12.10 AM. I decided to doze after that, there was another break around 3 am for 15 to 20 mins but I did not get down as i was tired from too much travel and comfort of Volvo and driving was tempting. Reached Perungalathur at 7.15 am and CMBT at 7.45 am as scheduled. Excluding break Perungalathur(CMBT) timing was flat 8hrs(8hr 30mins) from Ngl and 6hr 30 mins(7 hrs) which is pretty much a beauty considering speed locked vehicle and driving which was sleep friendly even in last row and best of all not rash. Hope they stick around and provide same kind of service and inspire other operators. One Negative if I should say is that break time can be made 10 mins each. Particularly the first one mainly because Petrol pump is over crowded.

Lets give them 4.99/5 :p. People may think I am biased if i give 5.
1554573110521.png

deepam

Super User
www.kaveribus.in
Kaveri Travels Operations are suspended. Read in Facebook there is some conflict going on with Management partners and hence the buses are not operational.
So Mangalore- Hyderabad sector; rates are higher. VRL and KSRTC can sigh a relief.

binaiks

KSRTC has changed the schedule of Manipal - KIAL Flybus.
The bus is now departing Manipal at 3:30 PM, Mangalore at 5 PM, reaching Majestic at 1 AM and KIAL at 2 AM. So this is really good move by KSRTC so that one can comfortably catch the 5-6 AM flights.
But they are missing the biggest bank of western departures. There are flights to Europe (Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt), Hongkong and Doha all departing between 1.30am and 4am. All these are widebody flights (Frankfurt is a Boeing 747-8i). KSRTC should've targeted a 10.30-11pm arrival at KIAL instead. 5-6am flights are mostly domestic - there is sufficient domestic connectivity from Mangalore itself, and why would they take a 8hr bus journey to catch a flight from Bengaluru??

dhiju

Any idea why Kaveri Travels is not showing any bookings for the month of April... the calendar is grayed out for the month... only Vijayawada to Bangalore Services are available

Prince02

But they are missing the biggest bank of western departures. There are flights to Europe (Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt), Hongkong and Doha all departing between 1.30am and 4am. All these are widebody flights (Frankfurt is a Boeing 747-8i). KSRTC should've targeted a 10.30-11pm arrival at KIAL instead. 5-6am flights are mostly domestic - there is sufficient domestic connectivity from Mangalore itself, and why would they take a 8hr bus journey to catch a flight from Bengaluru??
I guess the service is also struggling to get good loads. Last time I saw the service running with hardly 5 passengers from Mangaluru and this was during a weekend.