Volvo B9R

HRSH

Evacay Journey Again

On one fine weekend decided to meet some of my friends(read as bus fans down south) and planned to have a round journey from Chennai. Started 06/04 early morning and took Tejas to Madurai (We can have review of that for someother day :p) Got down at madurai in Scheduled time(12.30) and had lunch and small meet up. started to Tuticorin in TNSTC newbie which was registered two days back. The Vehicle was locked at 75 which combined with the Summer temperature tested the patience. Driver tried his best but in vain and reached in around 2hr 45 mins. Had another meet there and took the 1 to 1 to Nellai. The oldie was around 8 years old but still topped 91 and covered the distance in around 50 mins. Now the thing is all end to end buses between Nellai and Ngl are replaced by newbies now. Met some friends there. But there was absolutely zero bus because of traffic jam caused by political party meet. Finally got into newbie and started another 70kmph ride and reached Nagercoil finally around 9.15 PM and @Hersom bro was already waiting there, had our dinner , few delicacies and the wait finally began for last leg of the journey by Evacay B11r from Nagercoil to Chennai,

Observations till now:
- Speedlock of Tnstc 3*2 newbies should be increased asap.
- Seats are very much comfortable with nice interiors
- Feels newbies has a bit more glass and much heat is getting in

And finally the review
Nagercoil-Chennai

Operator : Evacay Bus
Bus type: Volvo B11R 14.5 Multi Axle AC semi sleeper (2+2) 12 rows+ one driver berth
Act/Sch Departure : 10.30 PM/10.40 PM
Act/Sch Arrival : 7.45 AM/7.45 AM

My last Multi axle journey in this route was in erstwhile Jeppiar and SRM Multi and had very few journeys in this sector after that and even those were in sleepers. So was pretty much excited for this.
Reached Vadaserry Omni BS after dinner around 10 PM. One by One buses from NGL starts arriving NeeVee towards Chennai ,Kerala Lines towards Bangalore and DOT at 10.30 PM Came our superstar glittering in lights. Sure its an head turner once it entered the BS. I got in and took my seat #48 in the hope that no one would book the nearby seat and it was successful. Got inside the bus and AC was maintained at optimal temperature. Blankets and Water bottles were in place. Interior looked stunning in yellow and looks exactly like their other Pathanamthitta Chennai 11r which i take frequently. Bus departed at around 10.40 and stopped in fuel pump near Thovalai for fuel and bio break. Petrol pump was crowded and started back after around 20 mins. Vehicle was constantly maintained at around 100 kmph and driving was absolutely superb with no unwanted moves. Reached Nellai boarding and started back around 12.10 AM. I decided to doze after that, there was another break around 3 am for 15 to 20 mins but I did not get down as i was tired from too much travel and comfort of Volvo and driving was tempting. Reached Perungalathur at 7.15 am and CMBT at 7.45 am as scheduled. Excluding break Perungalathur(CMBT) timing was flat 8hrs(8hr 30mins) from Ngl and 6hr 30 mins(7 hrs) which is pretty much a beauty considering speed locked vehicle and driving which was sleep friendly even in last row and best of all not rash. Hope they stick around and provide same kind of service and inspire other operators. One Negative if I should say is that break time can be made 10 mins each. Particularly the first one mainly because Petrol pump is over crowded.

Lets give them 4.99/5 :p. People may think I am biased if i give 5.View attachment 763846
First of all, I appreciate the way you decided to spend your time, as not many would do so! :)
What makes me like Evacay is that, whoever travels by them(I have not yet) says that they are not rash, but are on time and provide a neat and clean service!
This late night service might have skipped almost all major points for such good timings!
My best on this stretch in this direction was by Rathimeena back in 2011/2012, wherein after departing at 10:05 pm we managed to reach Perungalathur at 6:50 am with a 20 minute break at Tirunelveli.

deepam

Super User
But they are missing the biggest bank of western departures. There are flights to Europe (Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt), Hongkong and Doha all departing between 1.30am and 4am. All these are widebody flights (Frankfurt is a Boeing 747-8i). KSRTC should've targeted a 10.30-11pm arrival at KIAL instead. 5-6am flights are mostly domestic - there is sufficient domestic connectivity from Mangalore itself, and why would they take a 8hr bus journey to catch a flight from Bengaluru??
+++++++++++++++
Agreed, need to see how long this timing would be maintained.

Subbunv

Guys has any SRS scania running in Andhra Telangana belt met with accident. Spotted 1 front bumper fully damaged srs scania at Amakathadu toll plaza moving towards Bangalore side. Couldn't take any pics as it was totally dark out

Dowsarpandi

Hi,
Any inputs on who is likely to the reliable operator in the Bangalore Guntur route? Both STUs are ruled out as I do not have any boarding point closer to southern part of bangalore(would prefer silkboard/electronic city). Amongst Orange, Morningstar, Sri Venkataramana and SVKDT, which is likely to be consistent in terms of punctuality and reliability? Am tempted towards Sri Venkataramana and Morningstar for the proximity to the boarding points. Inputs welcome.
Thanks in advance

deepak.yerr

Hi,
Any inputs on who is likely to the reliable operator in the Bangalore Guntur route? Both STUs are ruled out as I do not have any boarding point closer to southern part of bangalore(would prefer silkboard/electronic city). Amongst Orange, Morningstar, Sri Venkataramana and SVKDT, which is likely to be consistent in terms of punctuality and reliability? Am tempted towards Sri Venkataramana and Morningstar for the proximity to the boarding points. Inputs welcome.
Thanks in advance
All of them are good the only thing you need to check the time of dep at silk board and KR puram should be around 60 mins if it's more then they will take u for city ride and select a service which leaves at 2100 as it takes 10 hrs orange and morning star have dinner break SVKDT Volvo may not have dinner break.

Dowsarpandi

All of them are good the only thing you need to check the time of dep at silk board and KR puram should be around 60 mins if it's more then they will take u for city ride and select a service which leaves at 2100 as it takes 10 hrs orange and morning star have dinner break SVKDT Volvo may not have dinner break.
Thank you so much. Will bear that in mind while planning.

Dowsarpandi

An Experiment gone awry - Bengaluru - Chennai - Bengaluru

I have always been a very reluctant traveller for friday/sunday trips for obvious reasons. If at all I had to, it is usually planned in advance to avoid last minute splurging of hard earned money in the name of tickets. However in the recent weeks, I am forced to travel on weekends, and could not plan in advance. So the usual last minute browsing for tickets started by 1800 hours on 5/4/5019 (friday). As usual tickets were super expensive and if at all there were few, it was last row seat at very exorbitant price and in a unreliable operator. KSRTCs were full. Was tempted to try SETC, but being friday and considering the amount of running around I had to do the next day, it made sense to choose a comfortable option. (During my younger days, I had yearned to travel by SETC for it offered pushback seats and I could sit through whole day of college with no fuss. Over years I have got so used to comfort that the thought SETC seems a compromise).!!!Whatever berths I could find were all on the double berth side. Not a single berth I could across 40 odd buses. Finally settled for the last low of Orange sleeper. Based on the layout, I made a misjudgment that it was single berth (horizontal last berth). This was probably the most expensive ticket I have travelled on this sector. The KPN journey couple of weeks earlier is now the second expensive journey of mine on this route. This happened to be the MYS - CHENNAI service, expected to reach E city by 2359 hours. As it turned out, the bus was late and reached E city at 0145 hours. The last horizontal row to my horror was double berth with one passenger in deep sleep already. I had to carefully crawl over him to the other side to reach my space. The berth was really long (whole width of the bus). However, the journey was bumpy althrough. Reached Chennai by 645 hours. I dont seem to have good experience with Orange at all - everytime I book for myself or family, the experience is pretty terrible. I remember occasional decent trips with their BNG -CHN sleeper, but even then, the other service was cancelled leading to chaos. I dont think I am going to travel by Orange in near future unless forced to!!.

Return
Since it was sunday, chose to leave Chennai before the usual rush and hence it had to be afternoon bus. Have been recently spotting Bharathi sleepers (fairly new) and the operator had listen 5 sleepers between noon and evening. So booked a single berth in the 1515 service (happened to be one of the regular priced) and chose to board at Vadapalani. Deep down I feared of getting one of the only second hand pair (run down) that the operator had. Bharathi had bought one pair of AC sleepers from Anand Travels (Ex Mumbai Mangalore). The boarding time was 1500 hours and by 1450 the crew called me to know my whereabouts. The moment I saw the MH registered sleeper descending the flyoer, my heart sank as it was the dreaded old bus. The charging points didnt work, no water bottles were provided and quite undisciplined and unprofessional crew of driver/attendant. After wasting close to 30 mins at omni bus stand, the bus left with probably 20 passengers. The bus stopped at every possible bus stop, the crew tried attracting passengers, wasted time bargaining hard and finally allotted seat based on the final bargain. Those who bargained for a lower price had to share berth with two or three more people. The lower berth was just on the floor which meant luggage, footwear were left in the passage. When no more passengers could be accommodated inside the passenger bay, the crew started to fill the cabin. The only saving grace was AC was working fine. Lesser said about the cleanliness of the bus. The bus crawled all the way through. At Pallikonda toll, I and few more passengers requested for a biobreak (4 hours to Pallikonda), instead of stopping near the toll plaza washroom, the moron stopped far after the toll was crossed. When we headed towards the amenities complex, the attendant came chasing asking us not to go there and instead use the roadside. The crawling continued. Asian, Parveen, Orange which would leave chennai by 1700 hours overtook us between Vaniyambadi and Krishnagiri. The most depressing site was rundown SETCs overtaking in a flash. The crawling continued and halted for dinner break the dreaded Saravana Bhava (few 100 metres before Mangalam). The service and food in this restaurant has always been awful to pathetic and it was no better this time. The crew kept hurrying the passengers who left their food midway. Worse - the hotel management always tries too rob few quick bucks from the hurrying and panicking passengers. I alerted a fellow passenger, who was about be cheated. In the heated conversation that followed, couple of Orange scania passengers realized their loss too. So the crawling continued and I got dropped just before E city at 2245 hours - close to 8 hours from the boarding time. Probably This round trip will probably would resist me from experimenting for the next few trips atleast. For the time being No more Orange in near future. Bharathi - yes if I am certain that I would not get the two "ready to condemn" sleeper.