Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
Shantanu Auto Clickz posted the B11R Ambaari Dream Class captured today near Kolhapur sans any decoration, on its inaugural run Bangalore - Pune service.
He posted a pic in facebook but I could not paste the link here.

dozerbull

Vellore-Bangalore Asian B9r
Another short notice call. It was 4 pm when I got the call. My 1st idea is to go to chittoor and take another bus to Bangalore. But the scortching Heat and humidity and the amount of Bags I need to carry made me to browse redbus. There is one Bharathi AC Sleeper but all the single berth were taken and then there is Parveen B11r which is almost full and then I found Asian B9r which has last couple of rows available most importantly they go upto KR Puram, wasting no time I booked it.
Reached the boarding point at 07.40 Pm. Bharathi Sleeper came at 07.50 pm it had some 3-4 pickup, from Bangalore side Parveen b11r came sharp at 8.00 pm. My bus arrived at 08.25 pm, waterbottle given, the whole bus was in deep sleep, the driver maintained a steady 100 speed. Took a 20 mins break at Vaniyambadi Sai Bhavan, after the break the road were free the driver started to rip even faster he was overtaking TNSTC buses like they are standing still. After Krishnagiri it was a delight to see Omni Buses rushing in the opposite lane. There was a hell of a traffic in Athibele toll and Ecity toll. The driver took the Expressway, again at Silkboard it was another beautiful sight of Omni Buses Convoy. I was surprised to see that atleast 10 pax were going upto Martahalli. Finally reached KR Puram railway station at 11.50 pm.

Verdict
Timing 5/5: The bus reached 25 mins late but it is understood that it needs to cross heavy evening traffic but reached the Drop point at correct time.
Service 5/5: Waterbottles provided, no TV played, driving was excellent no unwanted honking, once again Asian proved they are the best.

Attachments

deepam

Super User
Vellore-Bangalore Asian B9r
Another short notice call. It was 4 pm when I got the call. My 1st idea is to go to chittoor and take another bus to Bangalore. But the scortching Heat and humidity and the amount of Bags I need to carry made me to browse redbus. There is one Bharathi AC Sleeper but all the single berth were taken and then there is Parveen B11r which is almost full and then I found Asian B9r which has last couple of rows available most importantly they go upto KR Puram, wasting no time I booked it.
Reached the boarding point at 07.40 Pm. Bharathi Sleeper came at 07.50 pm it had some 3-4 pickup, from Bangalore side Parveen b11r came sharp at 8.00 pm. My bus arrived at 08.25 pm, waterbottle given, the whole bus was in deep sleep, the driver maintained a steady 100 speed. Took a 20 mins break at Vaniyambadi Sai Bhavan, after the break the road were free the driver started to rip even faster he was overtaking TNSTC buses like they are standing still. After Krishnagiri it was a delight to see Omni Buses rushing in the opposite lane. There was a hell of a traffic in Athibele toll and Ecity toll. The driver took the Expressway, again at Silkboard it was another beautiful sight of Omni Buses Convoy. I was surprised to see that atleast 10 pax were going upto Martahalli. Finally reached KR Puram railway station at 11.50 pm.

Verdict
Timing 5/5: The bus reached 25 mins late but it is understood that it needs to cross heavy evening traffic but reached the Drop point at correct time.
Service 5/5: Waterbottles provided, no TV played, driving was excellent no unwanted honking, once again Asian proved they are the best.
+++++++++++++++++
Asian Express has established itself in Bangalore - Chennai Sector.
Nice to hear you had again a wonderful trip with them.

deepam

Super User
Today another KSRTC B11R Volvo of Mangalore 2 depot met with accident around 3:30 AM head on collision with Lorry. Initial news was lorry driver was not at fault.
It was Chennai - Mangalore 2 or 3 PM service.
Bus Driver died on the spot.
He had driven for a brief period on Mangalore - Hyderabad route. I had travelled in bus when he drove couple of times. Fairly experienced driver and smooth driving.

Praying for his soul to rest in peace.

Last edited:

yuvaaprem

Deep bus fan
Today another KSRTC B11R Volvo of Mangalore 2 depot met with accident around 3:30 AM head on collision with Lorry. Initial news was lorry driver was not at fault.
Bus Driver died on the spot.
He had driven for a brief period on Mangalore - Hyderabad route. I had travelled in bus when he drove couple of times. Fairly experienced driver and smooth driving.

Praying for his soul to rest in peace.
Rip

Sent from my JSN-L42 using Tapatalk

Amogha

MKA
Today Seabird Travels met an accident near Sagar(Shimogha). And i am from same place. Very sad to hear 3 people are passed away. RIP:cry:.Seabird service is very pathetic and very old buses they are running. They are very concerned about laguages. On roof top we can see 3-4 feet laguages only. I got to know in one the FB group page related to my native place, with in a span of 1 month Seabird met 4 accidents near by Sagar(am not sure). One person in that group said while in his journey Bus front wheel comes off. Really horrible. They should change old buses and need to stop carrying goods. In Redbus we can 1 - 2 stars for Seabird travels.

ಬಸ್‌ ಪಲ್ಟಿಯಾಗಿ ತಾಯಿ, ಮಗಳು ಸೇರಿ ಮೂವರು ಸಾವು

Last edited:

Amogha

MKA
Latest SRS Travles Update:

SRS Update.jpg

SRS, Orange and Morning Star travels become unstoppable in expanding there fleet and new routes. What happend to VRL? No new buses and no new routes! They are cancelling existing routes only. How's the josh! No sir. In case of VRL. Not showing interest in travel business it seems. May be they are giving more importance to Media and Logistics(Its my individual opinion) . Anybody have an idea on that? Why VRL is not expanding there fleet and not entering to new routes?

Last edited:

Prince02

It was the night service from Chennai, the one that leaves at 11.58PM(9.30PM from Mangalore) that met with accident near Krishnagiri around 4AM. This service is usually run with a Scania.

RIP to the poor driver

Last edited: