Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
First row berth is always a no-no. The door adds to the misery and you can hear all the commotion on the road and in the cabin. Second row berths always better.
+++++++++++++
Apart from that First row berth is above the Front wheels; best to avoid.
So is the last berth; which apart from a bouncy ride it is going to be cramped.

deepam

Super User
Weekend Trip:

Hyderabad to Manipal
KSRTC ACC B9R
KA57F1031
Dep Sch / Act: 17:03 MGBS [17:40 from Aramghar]
Arr Sch / Act: 09:35 Manipal [08:55 @ Udupi]
Driver name: Dinesh Poojary and Prashanth

Needed to make this weekend trip to Manipal and Mangalore to attend a wedding function.
Got SMS around 4:35 PM KA57F1031 was doing the honors and the 1031 / 1032 is mostly run on this route. Took my friend's help to drop me close to Aramghar. I reached Aramghar by 17:25 hours and by 17:40 hours. I was picked, I had a light suitcase. Then we proceeded towards Jadcherla. Post Toll 1 Raikal, I sat on the conductor seat. Then post Boothpur, I requested and made driver wear the Seatbelt. We reached Raichur around 21:20 hours. Dinner Break.
Driver 1 was driving earlier 2211BNGCDP bus from HSR Layout and he was sharing how that service was in demand for the quick timing they maintained & what factors drove this service to Bangalore 2 Depot.
At 22:05 hours we started post Dinner break with Driver 2 at wheels. I made driver wear Seat belt and I continued sitting at Conductor seat till bus reached Sindhanur; then I went to sleep. The road till Hubli is under construction. I dozed off only to get up at 2:55 hours, Hubli old bus stand for loo break and driving change. Then Driver 1 took to wheels, without me reminding him took to wearing Seat belt and I settled in seat and dozed off.
At morning post 6; I got up and the bus had reached Honnavara. Bus was driven between 85-95 kmph and we were quick to drop passengers and reach Kundapura at 7:15 hours. Surprisingly KA57F1032 was at Kundapura bus stand; this was Pune - Mangalore Service was delayed thanks to Heating problem. Our Break lasted for 30+ minutes. This bus was short of Diesel as Kumta depot only gave 25 litres of diesel on return trip. Kundapura Depot was packed, so could not fill Diesel, so bus had to go to Udupi Depot to ensure the Diesel is available till it reaches Mangalore Depot. So approx 10 minutes was lost.
Crew requested me being the lone passenger to alight at Udupi as at Manipal it is tough to negotiate the bus, which I accepted.

Though the bus was old; but mechanically there was no issues / noises; except diesel consumption was on the higher side.

Crew was of opinion that the new B11R body is not suitable on this route; the light / airvent assembly can come off the parcel shelf at any time.

deepam

Super User
Mangalore to KIAL
KSRTC Flybus B11R
KA57F3007
Dep Sch / Act: 21:35 Bejai [21:30]
Arr Sch / Act: 05:00 KIAL [04:47]

I got a call from COnductor at 21:20 hours as I was on the way to the bus stand. Reached there in 3-4 minutes boarded the bus and occupied my seat. Since all of them were in; bus started at 21:30 hours. Bus took the Bejai - KPT - Kadri - Nanthoor - Kulshekara route bypassing Pumpwell-Mangalore to exit out of Mangalore.
There were no pickups in BC Road; it pickedup at Kalladka or Mani do not recollect. I was awake till 22:30 hours; though everybody had dozed off. Then I reclined my seat and dozed off. Only to wake up [had a deep sleep] when I heard driver shouting Yeshwantpur at 3:50 hours. Bus dropped passengers and reached Majestic at 4:05 hours. Dropped passengers and started to Airport at 4:47 hours bus reached KIAL. As I was alighting I just checked at what time the Manipal - KIAL bus is reaching KIAL as scheduled is 1:00; he said that the bus is reaching at 00:30 hours.

I had my onward flight at 7:35 hrs [as I assumed and kept margin], after security check; going to Toilet I was at the Gate by 5:35 hours. I could have easily caught the 6:35 hours flight but anyway had to wait.

Dowsarpandi

First row berth is always a no-no. The door adds to the misery and you can hear all the commotion on the road and in the cabin. Second row berths always better.
Absolutely!!!. First and last rows are usually a NO - NO for me. On this occasion the best possible option amidst the available single berths were first row upper and lower ones. I was surprised to see the occupancy among all the buses on this route.

chaitanya

Absolutely!!!. First and last rows are usually a NO - NO for me. On this occasion the best possible option amidst the available single berths were first row upper and lower ones. I was surprised to see the occupancy among all the buses on this route.
The newer 30 berth sleepers are a bit better in this regard . This route is a high potential one and the lack of proper trains works in favour of buses . There is no overnight crack superfast in this route and the lone yeshwantpur howrah is of no use either. Offlate volvo sleepers are making a comeback in this route with ksrtc , orange , rajesh , kaveri and vinayaka operating celeste sleepers where as sri krishna operates b9r sleepers.