Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
In addition to that VRL has made changes here and there. Some good moves taken.
Replaced Mangalore to Pune AL ac sleeper to MAV sleeper.
Replaced Mumbai to Hospete MAV SS to AL ac sleeper.
Replaced Bangalore to Goa MAV SS to MAV Sleeper.
Replaced Bangalore to Solapur Dandeli Karwar AL Sleeper/ Seater to AL Non-ac sleeper coach.
Replaced Bangalore to Gokak Sleeper/Seater to AL AC sleeper.
Replaced Belgaum to Mumbai MAV SS to AL sleeper.
Cancelled Bangalore to Chennai one AL AC sleeper, Bangalore to Kundapur Non-Ac Sleeper, Bangalore to Bagalkote AL AC sleeper, Nasik to Nagpur MAV Sleeper. So on.,
+++++++++++++++++
Nice summary.
The changes are due to the fact that the MAV SS and pulled out from route to be converted to MAV Sleeper at Varur.
Though the booking shows as i-shift Volvo sleeper; these are with Manual shift.

vinchel

What are the best options to travel to chennai when reaching at around 11pm at majestic , Bangalore (starting from Mangalore)..any private operators to chennai starting from Majestic?

deepam

Super User
What are the best options to travel to chennai when reaching at around 11pm at majestic , Bangalore (starting from Mangalore)..any private operators to chennai starting from Majestic?
++++++++++++
1 PM KSRTC ACC direct service exist between Mangalore and Chennai.
Alternatively you can book the SRS departing Mangalore @ 2:30 PM [Manipal - Hyderabad] service, which will provide connection for their Bangalore-Chennai departures.
To answer your question, which operator to chose from Majestic to Chennai.
Private operators:
  1. SRS [Van pick up from Gandhi Nagar]
  2. VRL [From their ARC office] - only AC Sleeper
  3. Asian Express from Majestic 11 PM, 11:15 & 11:45 PM

dozerbull

Chittoor-Bangalore New Indra Ac Seater
It is common nowadays for me to travel bangalore monthly twice. Another overnight call to come the next day. I am like "Again!". I'm too bored even to search for a ticket, decided to go to Chittoor and take a bus from there. There are few indra AC Services from Tirupati but the Chittoor pickup is not listed in the website, but it is sure these buses enter Chittoor Bus stand.

There is one 09.30 am Indra Ac from Tirupati. I decided to try my luck, took a Saptagiri express and reached Chittoor Bus stand. Bingo! Brand new Indra AC Seater was waiting, The Driver cum Conductor was issuing tickets paid the exact money he was so happy. The bus had around 90 % occupancy mostly from Chittoor. There was a aisle seat available in the last 3 rows, when I went there the Window passenger politely took the aisle seat and gave me the window seat I was super happy, the bus started at 11.50 am the attender distributed waterbottles once he closed the Cabin door the bus become so quiet only ac humming heard.

Then again my worst fear came true, the attendant switched On the TV, there was woofer right above my head the Volume was so loud (A Chocolate boy Hero punching 10 thugs and they fly in the air and immediately people are worshipping him as Savior of Mankind). That was the time I cursed myself "What I got myself into"? I tried to listen my songs in headphone but the tv was so loud and I cant hear the songs, but once again Luck was on my side, there was a heavy roadwork going in in this stretch, the bus was bouncing, wobbling etc it took a toll on the Entertainment system it stopped working the Attendant came and try to sort it out but failed so he switched off, I was like "Thank God!".

Hey wait! how could things should get so favourable for me! Something should happen nah? The AC was set in 23 degrees, at first it was so nice coming from the scortcing heat but latter it started to freeze, I closed the AC Vent only then realised there was AC leaking through the Gap, I was like "Oh Hell naw!" it was super hot outside while inside it was super cold, only the realised most of the Window side passengers started closing the ac vents but still the AC is leaking people started pushing the kerchief blocking by hands like that. (Now I understood why that 'Gentle'Man gave me the Window seat)One good note is the bus was doing good speed the driver surely did 85 he overtook many sariges, Express buses no pickup in between had a 20 mins lunch break and started again and finally dropped at KR Puram at 03.20 pm.

Few things
1. The Bus was built on Ashok leyland chassis. The Cabin was so quiet, the seat layout was like in Mercedes SHD no elevated making.
2. The bus was only a week old according to the driver, but there was already AC Leaking from the Gaps, no shawls were provided. People already started rough handling the Vents, I'm pretty sure we can see broken AC Vents within months. The fit and finish inside was average.
3. The ride comfort was good, the suspension tackled the Potholes very good.
4. The timing also very good with one 20 mins break in between it was a non-stop service
5. What bothers me is the TV. They played it very loud. Luckily I escaped in that trip.
6. If anyone are about to take this service please check the AC Vents before sitting or it will be a nightmare.

Verdict: Recommended

Attachments

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
First of all, I appreciate the way you decided to spend your time, as not many would do so! :)
What makes me like Evacay is that, whoever travels by them(I have not yet) says that they are not rash, but are on time and provide a neat and clean service!
This late night service might have skipped almost all major points for such good timings!
My best on this stretch in this direction was by Rathimeena back in 2011/2012, wherein after departing at 10:05 pm we managed to reach Perungalathur at 6:50 am with a 20 minute break at Tirunelveli.
Thanks Anna. The trips like this is what keeps us going :) Want to try YBM dreamz but as usual fares are super high and bit less on Weekdays. Even then can't afford two way in private. So i am thinking about cut journey in TNSTC one way and return by DREAMZ.

vinchel

++++++++++++
1 PM KSRTC ACC direct service exist between Mangalore and Chennai.
Alternatively you can book the SRS departing Mangalore @ 2:30 PM [Manipal - Hyderabad] service, which will provide connection for their Bangalore-Chennai departures.
To answer your question, which operator to chose from Majestic to Chennai.
Private operators:
  1. SRS [Van pick up from Gandhi Nagar]
  2. VRL [From their ARC office] - only AC Sleeper
  3. Asian Express from Majestic 11 PM, 11:15 & 11:45 PM

Thanks very much for the info..But whether Asian Xpress has boarding point at majestic for 11:45pm? Redbus does not show that.. Please advise

dozerbull

Thanks very much for the info..But whether Asian Xpress has boarding point at majestic for 11:45pm? Redbus does not show that.. Please advise
If you are boarding at late night I suggest you to plz come to Madiwala. Coz' most of the Pvt buses start at late afternoon/evening from Chennai and halt at Madiwala itself if they cant keep up the time. I believe only National travels has a Official pickup at Majestic. Parveen operates a pickup van I think.

scania surfer

Looks like Parveen Travels Volvo MAV doing Tirunelveli to Bangalore has hit pedestrians while speeding inside madurai city killing 4 people.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
I am not a regular on Bangalore--Chennai route but during my 1 month stint at Vellore, once my sis was to visit me and she travelled from Udupi to Bangalore by KSRTC ACC Volvo B11R till Majestic. All that while I realised there was no pick up from Majestic of any reputed operators of Bangalore--Chennai like Asian xpress, Parveen, Hebron etc.. KSRTC premium buses did not show a Vellore drop point. I didn't want to take any chance with my sister. It would have been a great inconvenience for her to travel alone till Madiwala and find the pick up point and so. I instantly decided to drive from Vellore to Bangalore in my Polo post my duty hours at CMC, to pick up my sis. Started at 4pm and zoomed off to Bangalore non stop, reached Majestic at 8:30 pm sharp. Her bus had reached at 8:15 pm.