Volvo B9R

beingvishwa

Guys.. What will be the best travels to travel from Shirdi to Pune? I have flight at 12AM. so planning to leave after lunch from shirdi. Pls advise!
I always choose Sai Virbhadra travels starts around 2PM, AC sleeper. There is also one SRS Scania at same time reaches earlier than this.

HRSH

Chased them last week, bus was in bad condition only. Still doing good speeds for Leyland.

KBS has started new service bewtween Bangalore Tiruchendur. 9PM dep at Madiwala. Return timings are not yet decided. Starting Thursday I guess.
Getting a reply after so many years!
Do you mean CRS or non CRS ones?
I think they have only CRS buses left with them!

BenHur

Recent weeks I had a chance to travel by couple of Volvo/Scania services.

First one:

Route: Nagarcoil - Chennai
Operator: SRM Transports
ETD/ATD: 6:30/6:35
ETA/ATA: 18:00 (CMBT) / 19:10 (Perungalathur)
TN 19 - AD3440 (Veera Tamizhan).

Bus was almost on time to depart.

However, we were stopped at BP Vellamadam for good 10 mins. I wouldnt have mind, but for another 15 mins fuel break later at Vikravandi.
I am not sure of the full tank range of Scania.

We had pickups at Tirunelveli, Kovilpatti, Madurai, Trichy.

Breakfast stop was at Aryas, near Sattur.

Reached Madurai around 12:00, but got delayed as two passengers turned late.

However, it did not matter much, as there was a road roko, due to which, we were held up near Kottampatti for 90 mins, before police force came and resorted to lathi charge to disperse the crowd. I was talking with driver at that time, he was telling about an instance where he had to reverse the bus for 6 kms during Samayanallur temple festival.

Lot of people got down at Trichy; equal number boarded.

Second driver joined somewhere near Perambalur; he came by the opposite service.

We stopped at Sri Prassana Residency near Ulunthurpet toll for a very late lunch, and left around 4 PM.

After Paranur, we hit city traffic, eventually dropped at Perangaluthur by ten mins past seven in the evening.

Could have reached CMBT by eight pm (so an overall delay of two hours).

Now if I think, the fuel break for 15 mins at Vikravandi, that too driving on wrong side, we could have saved about 30 mins.

Occupancy throughout remained about 80-90%.

A decent service.

Akbarabbu

Can't see, CHN - BNG Evacay Service in Redbus....any idea?

But saw, Two services in Trivandrum route. Like one is for Nagercoil or Marthandam I guess. Have they shifted the Bangalore buses to that route.

Also what happened their new MBs, I loved them....