Volvo B9R

uturn

Super User
Folks,
Thanks again for all your inputs !
I dropped them at Sion yesterday.
KA 57 F 2851 from Mangalore Depot 2 was doing the honors.

Due to a massive traffic jam on WEH (due to a tanker fire) the bus reached Sion an hour and half late at 2:45 PM instead of 1:20 PM but still managed to drop off my relatives at Udupi at 4:50 AM today morning which is 10 min ahead of the scheduled arrival time of 5:00 AM.

The bus stopped at the Expressway for 10 min for a restroom break and then post some pickups at Pune, stopped at Hotel Navami (after Satara) for dinner at 7:30 PM. Left from there at 8:00 PM and was pretty much non-stop post that.

According to my uncle, the staff was very cordial but they felt that the bus swayed a lot especially during the early morning hours when it was negotiating the NH17 section where due to highway expansion, there are a lot of diversions.

I am surprised on how the Bus was able to cover up an hour and half as all buses are speed locked. The only thing that could have happened was that there is some buffer built in the scheduled timelines on the KSRTC website.

My relatives are coming back next week but to Pune directly on the Mangalore-Pune Airavat service. Does that bus reach SwarGate at 6:30 AM or is typically ahead of schedule or late. I need to ask my cousin to pick them up.

Attached are some pics which I has asked my uncle to click as the bus didn't stop at Sion for long. My uncle was surprised that there is a forum for buses too where crazy fans talk about buses :-D

Last but not the least, the emergency door was just before the last set of seats on the driver side.
I spotted this beauty near Borivli as i was also held up for almost 2hours but on opposite direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uturn

Super User
I had travel with Neeta Volvo from pune to mumbai. It was amazing the volvo was in such a great condition that could not felt a single speedbreaker. It was amaze experience.
Generally all Neeta Volvos are about to scrap very few are maintained properly their Mercedes hi deck are pretty maintained.
Surprisingly you got a good volvo.

uturn

Super User
Guys, I will be travelling from Bengaluru to Pune and not sure which one to book. Since I am 5 11, I was thinking of booking the first row(due to some extra space) in KSRTC's Club Class service (2002BNGMUM). I wanted to know if this bus still has seats with extra legroom due to the emergency exits in front of them ? If not KSRTC, what are my other options for non sleeper buses with extra legroom ?
SRS /National/VRL /Sharma are the options.

f1fan

Generally all Neeta Volvos are about to scrap very few are maintained properly their Mercedes hi deck are pretty maintained.
Surprisingly you got a good volvo.

Very True.. Most of the Neeta semi sleepers and Sleepers are in a very bad condition. Havent seen them buying any new Volvos in the recent past. The Merc Hi deck was doing Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar earlier. Is it still doing that route?

f1fan

SRS /National/VRL /Sharma are the options.

@volvo - I have traveled many times on the Mumbai - Bangalore route through VRL B9R (earlier) and B11R (now) and also SRS Scanias and most of it in the first row. Also have travelled through Sharma but will not recommend them as I have had a lot of bad experiences with them. Haven't traveled in KSRTC though
I would suggest Volvo a little better compared to Scania. Scania has a good hand/shoulder support if you have the window seat but I found leg space to be a tad better in Volvo and I am 5'10.
If you book the Scania, pls don't take the conductor side first row aisle seat as you will have nothing to hold on too. I had to put on the seat belt to prevent myself from sliding forward. The same aisle seat on the driver side has a railing.

volvo

Distinguished Member
@volvo - I have traveled many times on the Mumbai - Bangalore route through VRL B9R (earlier) and B11R (now) and also SRS Scanias and most of it in the first row. Also have travelled through Sharma but will not recommend them as I have had a lot of bad experiences with them. Haven't traveled in KSRTC though
I would suggest Volvo a little better compared to Scania. Scania has a good hand/shoulder support if you have the window seat but I found leg space to be a tad better in Volvo and I am 5'10.
If you book the Scania, pls don't take the conductor side first row aisle seat as you will have nothing to hold on too. I had to put on the seat belt to prevent myself from sliding forward. The same aisle seat on the driver side has a railing.
@f1fan, Thanks a ton for your valuable insight. So you are suggesting that the front row seats on the B11R from VRL should be the best bet in terms of leg space ? Also, Did you actually feel any difference between B9R and B11R w.r.t front row seats space, engine noise and suspension ?

uturn

Super User
Very True.. Most of the Neeta semi sleepers and Sleepers are in a very bad condition. Havent seen them buying any new Volvos in the recent past. The Merc Hi deck was doing Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar earlier. Is it still doing that route?
Previously they used to operate regularly don’t know recent details seen for some contracts use also.
Now only SRS operates all Merc high deck Volvo & Scania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uturn

Super User
Previously they used to operate regularly don’t know recent details seen for some contracts use also.
Now only SRS operates all Merc high deck Volvo & Scania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk