Volvo B9R

f1fan

@f1fan, Thanks a ton for your valuable insight. So you are suggesting that the front row seats on the B11R from VRL should be the best bet in terms of leg space ? Also, Did you actually feel any difference between B9R and B11R w.r.t front row seats space, engine noise and suspension ?
Very frankly I didn't feel any difference in leg space. The B11R I feel was a little more silent but when you are travelling in the first row, the engine noise is typically at a bare minimum. Even suspension noise would be nil on the butter smooth NH4.
Once while travelling from Mangalore to Mumbai on a SRS Scania, there was a lot of noise from the front suspension but once we touched Hubli bypass, that sound too reduced to a bare minimum due to good roads.

volvo

Distinguished Member
Very frankly I didn't feel any difference in leg space. The B11R I feel was a little more silent but when you are travelling in the first row, the engine noise is typically at a bare minimum. Even suspension noise would be nil on the butter smooth NH4.
Once while travelling from Mangalore to Mumbai on a SRS Scania, there was a lot of noise from the front suspension but once we touched Hubli bypass, that sound too reduced to a bare minimum due to good roads.
So is suspension softer in the B11R compared to B9R ?

uturn

Super User
I personally feel Scania is silent on smooth highways followed by B11R spl in night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srihari

NH4 is now not butter smooth due to six lane work between Haveri and Chitradurga.Now this stretch is very bad.

f1fan

NH4 is now not butter smooth due to six lane work between Haveri and Chitradurga.Now this stretch is very bad.
Had read about it but haven't traveled on that stretch lately. Was told that there are lot more diversions now on that stretch but I was hoping that it would be still in a good condition. It doesn't seem that way reading your comments :-(
Hope that all work gets over soon.

Srihari

Had read about it but haven't traveled on that stretch lately. Was told that there are lot more diversions now on that stretch but I was hoping that it would be still in a good condition. It doesn't seem that way reading your comments :-(
Hope that all work gets over soon.
Yes,once 6 lane work gets done Tumkur - Haveri stretch would be butter smooth.Only Pune -Satara has some minor work pending.One these two 6 lane stretches are completed, NH 4 drive would be great.