Volvo B9R

binaiks

Sometimes their fake numbers annoy me. Remember they said that they ordered 100 b9rs? Or recently they said they ordered 41 Volvo B11rs. But reality it is only 10 B11rs.
Fake numbers? They received 100 B9Rs - there was nothing fake in that. They did not say they ordered 41 B11Rs. It was a mix of B9Rs and B11Rs - all of them were delivered. All the B9Rs were later converted to Sleepers, and all of them are operating in Maharashtra now. All the B11Rs are doing Bangalore/Mysore/Mangalore-Mumbai routes.

VRL is taking it slow. They will get new buses. Although their buses look old, they are in perfect shape mechanically. A lot of passengers still vouch for VRL and that is their victory. The KA-TN routes are different ball game altogether - a lot of bribing is involved, plus the operating costs are really high (thanks to the high taxes, and too many toll gates). A straightforward operator like VRL wouldn't do that.

myhash4all

Super User
This doesn't look good . I hope a consensus between Kerala govt and bus operators are reached soon . Passengers would be severely effected by this move. Inter-state buses to go off road from Monday
It indeed does look bad. Personally I feel private operators are getting harassed. Malayalam media seems to be getting some sort of sadistic pleasure reporting this issue and overhyping it. Mainstream channel news anchors saying these buses are driven at 240 km at night time, name calling them as gunda mafia...etc. A wast majority of public and media both wants to see the end of this industry without knowing KSRTC kerala can never match the level of private operators.
And ofcourse Kallada should have nipped a lot of problems at an early stage.
An issue of a nun molested by a ksrtc driver had very minimal coverage . But when it's an incident on a private bus, it even beats election day coverage. Lot of people who I know who never ever travelled in an interstate bus are demanding private operations to be stopped. In my opinion most of these operators govt and private are reasonably good including Kallada. Passengers need to understand the bus crew are not MBA graduates. And very typical of Indian passengers, the love to complain be it bus or an airline.

binaiks

Passengers need to understand the bus crew are not MBA graduates. And very typical of Indian passengers, the love to complain be it bus or an airline.
Forget MBA graduates, passengers should learn to treat the crew like human beings. Quite often, passengers behave as if the crew are their slaves - shouting at them, and expecting they be served 'individually'.

deepam

Super User
Forget MBA graduates, passengers should learn to treat the crew like human beings. Quite often, passengers behave as if the crew are their slaves - shouting at them, and expecting they be served 'individually'.
+++++++++++++
I agree to binaiks point.
Respect the crew and they will reciprocate, this is my experience of traveling in long distances buses.
No crew wants to have bus breakdown during their journey. Eventually when bus breaks down crew are upset, over to that passengers shout on the crew for breakdown! Crew does not have any role for breakdown of bus en-route. For Passengers it is just one trip from Point A to B, for crew it is recurring return trip for 2 to 3 weeks continuously. So they would like to have a breakdown free ride.

moto143

It indeed does look bad. Personally I feel private operators are getting harassed. Malayalam media seems to be getting some sort of sadistic pleasure reporting this issue and overhyping it. Mainstream channel news anchors saying these buses are driven at 240 km at night time, name calling them as gunda mafia...etc. A wast majority of public and media both wants to see the end of this industry without knowing KSRTC kerala can never match the level of private operators.
And ofcourse Kallada should have nipped a lot of problems at an early stage.
An issue of a nun molested by a ksrtc driver had very minimal coverage . But when it's an incident on a private bus, it even beats election day coverage. Lot of people who I know who never ever travelled in an interstate bus are demanding private operations to be stopped. In my opinion most of these operators govt and private are reasonably good including Kallada. Passengers need to understand the bus crew are not MBA graduates. And very typical of Indian passengers, the love to complain be it bus or an airline.
Media reports issues which generates them TRP. Kallada issue was blown out of proportion.
+++++++++++++
I agree to binaiks point.
Respect the crew and they will reciprocate, this is my experience of traveling in long distances buses.
No crew wants to have bus breakdown during their journey. Eventually when bus breaks down crew are upset, over to that passengers shout on the crew for breakdown! Crew does not have any role for breakdown of bus en-route. For Passengers it is just one trip from Point A to B, for crew it is recurring return trip for 2 to 3 weeks continuously. So they would like to have a breakdown free ride.
I have noticed that passengers usually loose their cool when there is no communication from crew. Breakdown is a difficult situation for both crew & passengers. It would be much better if they keep their customers updated especially during breakdown. I have faced only 1 breakdown situation in 200 plus trips during last 4 years. In that particular incident , crew were not forthcoming with any response. Eventually I took another local bus and made it home after a hour long wait at the road side. I could make that choice since I travel with no luggage and my home was just 50 kms from the breakdown spot.i don't approve the behavior of some unruly passengers. Having said that , demanding customers are a part of every service industry and service personals should be trained to deal with such customers.

vignesh fortuner

Raahath volvo

py-01-cu-9199 kpn vega and evacay kl-01-ch-7960

py-05-f-2233 raahath celesta volvo b11r sleeper

kl-01-cj-3530 neevee volvo b11r trivandrum chennai

kl-01-ch-7954 evacay b11r