Volvo B9R

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
But still you can see Sugama travels. Almost they have covered North Karnataka. Even Orange also they have covered Karnataka TN KL MH GJ every where. Likewise VRL also should come up with Good strategy, Service n all. Instead of giving up. Just an example in Bangalore Ahmedabad route VRL had 4 buses. Now it’s just 2. SRS is running still 4 buses. U may say BR travels MR travels Gujarat travels n all emerged in that route. But still SRS is running 4 buses. Why can’t VRL? That’s my concern. Anyhow it’s up to them. Individually i Just feel bad by seeing poor performance of VRL. I hope one dynamic n aggressive person required for VRL to overcome this.
Amogha , while I agree with you on some points, I think you are looking at only one side of it. VRL is not an operator who would deploy all of his buses on the roads everyday. Tell me, which other operator on the entire Bangalore--Pune/Mumbai route has spare Volvo multiaxles stationed every 150--200 kms to be made available in case of an emergency ?? Remember, in the event of a breakdown, VRL is the one and only operator who would provide a replacement Volvo B9R/11R for a broken down Volvo B9R/11R within an hour or two!!!! VRL workshops at Bangalore,Pune,Mumbai,Hubli,Belgaum station a good number of Volvos/Ashleys to cater to in need of an emergency. Varur workshop at Hubli has atleast 6-7 Volvos , Mumbai, Pune, Belgaum atleast 2 each while Bangalore might be housing some 4 ?? Kolhapur checkpoint has one B9R and Mangalore has some 2 Volvos parked as spare anyday. Even if we consider that all of the parked buses may not be used as spare, atleast one each in every city is deployed in case of an emergency for sure. I have had a first hand experience of getting a replacement Volvo B9R for our broken down B11R within 1 hour while I was on my way from Mumbai to Belgaum 2 years back. The B11R I was travelling in, broke down at the start of the ghats on Mumbai--Pune expressway and after failed attempts of fixing the problem, we were provided a spare B9R within an hour that was dispatched from VRL parking at Sion,Mumbai. Believe me, this is not true with any other big names on NH4.

The only thing about VRL that is intriguing big time was the closure of the famed 2000 km Bangalore--Jodhpur route while SRS continues to operate the same.

My last long distance bus journey was 2 years back as I have been driving down myself to any place any distance, but I believe people mostly prefer to fly these days between Bangalore and Pune/Mumbai. Correct me if I am wrong.

bus.traveller

VRL group is into many diversified businesses unlike other operators. They will never go into crazy cut throat competition bcos i was associated with them some time ago and I know their work culture. They will operate routes which are profitable, provide reliable service and try to serve their strong customer base. After each trip finishes every driver has to fill diesel in their parking point and then average mileage is calculated depending on consumption. They assess drivers on mileage they are providing. VRL operates volvo's in many routes inside karnataka like gulbarga, bijapur, bidar and very successful. Their non ac buses fetch them good loads even on weekdays and specially north karnataka people prefer them against other operators. VRL group was very keen to start regional airline few years back but they dropped the idea after finding it not profitable. VRL has spare bus stationed at their check points as rightly pointed out by drvbs. I would not say they are a very perfect operator but they will never compete with SRS and burn their pocket.

Last edited:

Akbarabbu

Hi guys,

Saw one Evacay bus in Volvo Bangalore service centre with name written as Manish Travels... It's a KA registered one....
Seems like Evacay has sold 4 of their buses. 2 volvos & 2 MB.

Sorry couldn't catch the photo.

dozerbull

Hi guys,

Saw one Evacay bus in Volvo Bangalore service centre with name written as Manish Travels... It's a KA registered one....

Heard from Binaiks that those buses were actually belong to Sidaganga. If it goes to Manish travels means it might be running Tirupati Package tour

Ruben

binaiks

Hi guys,

Evacay never owned the buses, to sell them. Siddhaganga owned them - they took the buses back after evacay defaulted on payments. The mercedes benz is very much with evacay only. It operates Chennai-Marthandam (the website says its a volvo, though)

dozerbull

பயணிகள் மீது தாக்குதல்.. பேருந்துகளை இயக்க கல்லடா நிறுவனத்துக்கு ஓராண்டு தடை.. கேரளா அதிரடி
பயணிகள் மீது தாக்குதல்.. பேருந்துகளை இயக்க கல்லடா நிறுவனத்துக்கு ஓராண்டு தடை.. கேரளா அதிரடி
Wrong! They just cancelled the permit of One bus. Not all the buses

moto143

@binaiks it seems like interstate bus strike is onto the 5th day. Do you have any update when this would end ? I have pre booked tickets for next week and I'm a little worried now.

binaiks

@binaiks it seems like interstate bus strike is onto the 5th day. Do you have any update when this would end ? I have pre booked tickets for next week and I'm a little worried now.
Both the operators and the state government are at stalemate. I was expecting the strike would end by today - but it hasn't. The operators are sticking to their demands. The government is not ready to negotiate on any of them.

May be you should already keep a back-up plan ready - may be some bus to Coimbatore.