Volvo B9R

f1fan

Few things noticed
1. While waiting in Vaniyambadi Motel saw the Mangalore-Chennai B11r crossing at 08.40 am. Its a big suprise because this service usually start late from Shanthinagar.
2. In all my trips I found RKK is the first bus to come from Bangalore side. They cross Vellore between 0645 to 0700 AM.
3. Also noticed Hebron has brought back its Scania buses.
4. Noticed one Kallada Sleeper doing Bangalore-Chennai day Service
Is that R.K.K Travels ex Vishal travels Mumbai - Mangalore Volvo?

binaiks

Any update on kallada travels, mostly all there multi axle buses are cancelled. Currently they are running non ac and Leyland sleepers only.

Sent from my JSN-L42 using Tapatalk
Most of their Multi-axle buses are nearing 8 years now - which is the maximum age for having All India Permit. The other buses are operating. Some of their major Multi-axle routes like Ernakulam-Hyderabad, Ernakulam-Bangalore D/N, Trivandrum-Hyderabad, etc are very much operational.

yuvaaprem

Deep bus fan
Most of their Multi-axle buses are nearing 8 years now - which is the maximum age for having All India Permit. The other buses are operating. Some of their major Multi-axle routes like Ernakulam-Hyderabad, Ernakulam-Bangalore D/N, Trivandrum-Hyderabad, etc are very much operational.
Hi
I heard that kerala government banned kallada travels for one year, do you know about this?

Sent from my JSN-L42 using Tapatalk

Dowsarpandi

Is that R.K.K Travels ex Vishal travels Mumbai - Mangalore Volvo?
Yes they are EX Vishal travels. Green bus in Bangalore and Red bus in Madurai route.
Only one pair is ex Vishal (1908/1909) - both operate in chennai bengaluru route. The other pair is ex Komitla/Yatragenie. (travelled by 9462 last saturday morning). It was one awesome ride. 5 hours from Koyembedu to E city with a breakfast break. The downside of them is that the Komitla buses are aged - seat recliners didnt work well, the bus badly needs a service - the pick up was very "un volvo". And the biggest issue with RKK is they blow hot and cold - either extremely good and outright pathetic!!

deepam

Super User
Orange Travels Mercedes Benz which I had seen last running between Hyderabad and Mysore is withdrawn and I guess it is converted to Sleeper.
Not sure on which route it is running, could not figure it out.
But Hyderabad to Chennai; there is one schedule shown as Volvo Sleeper with 36 berths. I am not sure whether it is the same.
In FB saw a pic of their old B9R converted to sleeper.

deepam

Super User
In Tirupati; I saw the buses with Evacay Livery Volvo B11R carrying Manish Travels name and was parked beside other Manish Travels buses.
Manish Travels has started the Bangalore-Hyderabad Ramoji Film City package. I am not sure of the success!

Orange Travels Mercedes Benz which I had seen last running between Hyderabad and Mysore is withdrawn and I guess it is converted to Sleeper.
Not sure on which route it is running, could not figure it out.
But Hyderabad to Chennai; there is one schedule shown as Volvo Sleeper with 36 berths. I am not sure whether it is the same.
In FB saw a pic of their old B9R converted to sleeper.
The ones on hyderabad chennai route are their old volvos which are converted in to sleepers. Guess the merc sleepers are on hyderabad guntur route.