Volvo B9R

Akbarabbu

@binaiks,

Need a favour, I can see a lot new buses are entering in Tamil Nadu state. Where as new buses to enter in Karnataka is not that easy, as the existing operator doesn't allow yet. I know that TN doesn't give permit, if I register 2 buses from PY what are the taxes (both for TN & PY) on me to drive in Chennai To Coimbatore route. As am basically from Chennai.

dozerbull

Thirunallar-Bangalore ACC
The onward trip took a toll on everyone's body I already booked tickets on Tirunallar-Bangalore ACC, but my whole family is against that idea. Our tour ends at Thirunallar, I quickly looked for alternatives. Once again rathimeena was considered but going back to Kumbakonam is tiresome we decided to stick to the original plan.

This is my third trip in this Service. Reached the parking point at 06.00 itself for a 7 pm departure. With the regular formalities of cleaning, arranging the bus started at 06.40 pm and reached Temple entrance at 06.45 and started at 06.50 pm. Reached Karaikal at 07.15 pm. There was a hell of a traffic from there due to Velankanni Festival. The whole road was chaotic, there was countless Tourist vehicles and infinite special buses from TNSTC, the driver murmured "that's it! we're done!" the speed never crossed 60 kmph we are tailing a Nagapattinam bus for a long time when he stops at bus stop we stop too like a town bus. I sat in the front row, jeez! we cant even think about overtaking, the conductor was saying 'monsoon took out most the roads'. The roads were non existent in some places, its just traffic, traffic, traffic. Parveen Sleeper, Rathimeena ishift crossed together by 08.30 pm later Raahath Sleeper & Universal Scania crossed together. Looks like even the buses coming from Chennai are running late.

Seriously saying it is painful to watch a Volvo bus going deadslow, luckily the Driver didnot do the 'Gear-Dragging drive' he tried to pickup speed wherever possible but all his effort are in vain as we are running too late. At one place one passenger asked for a biobreak the driver helplessly said 'there is no place even to pullover sir!' however after few kms he made a brief stop, believe me the whole bus came out except ladies. The break took 10 mins. Again got back into the chaos and reached Vadalur Motel at 10.40 pm. The Motel was in a closing stage and had nothing to offer than Dosa the already half drowsy passengers ordered whatever is leftover including us.

Fromhere the Conductor took the wheel even while having dinner itself he is getting calls from neyveli passengers he replied we're almost there hold on. We reached Neyveli bus stand at 11.10 pm the Chidambaram-Bangalore Corona is also picking pax and is about to move, both the Driver & conductor are in a hurry mood. We started at 11.30 pm with around 70% occupancy its the conductor at Wheels. The conductor was worried abt the time loss, once we started coming out of the stand he started ripping, he started speeding in Neyveli town itself, I can no longer keep awake and enjoy the speed and drifted to sleep quickly, but still the busfan inside me is conscious to the surrounding, I can surely bet the bus was doing 90+. The conductor never scared of the opposite traffic, when he decided to overtake he just overtake no second thoughts, the bus was zigzagging like a omni bus, I can here the Indicator 'tick-tick' sound throughout the night.

We stopped for 3rd biobreak,guess what, we are near Hosur the time was 04.40 am it was now the Driver at the wheels, I was very convinced by the time-catching drive. The driver become lethargic now he switched to "Depot-4" Mode. All the Chennai, Coimbatore bound started overtaking us, again there was traffic at Hosur, Electronic City the driver didnot take the BETL finally dropped at Silkboard at 05.45 pm.

Verdict: This is my third journey in this service. It seems this route gets some relaxation to the drivers, they are quiet opposite to the Regular Airavat drivers. Compared to the Kumbakonam ACC this bus is better maintained. Despite all the traffic in single road they still reached on time, its the conductor who did all the wonders. Sadly I slept through most of his drive.

I'll recommend this Service.

Attachments

HRSH

Chennai to tirunelveli (Vignesh TAT and SETC NSS)

10-09-2019 waiting for bus with heavy crowded in perungulathur. Emergency trip so didn't book check with YBM driver (10.30pm bus) no seats available. Suddenly Vignesh TAT (sivakasi-chennai) ac sleeper came. checked with driver he said last berth is available and price is 800 for Madurai. bus really very slow. 3.30am reached ulundurpet and stopped for bio break. I slept nicely. 7.45am it reached mattuthavani. Then got down refresh myself and went to tirunelveli platform buses. i saw 2 byepass rider one kumari thendral to nagercoil(old bus) new SETC A/C(seater and sleeper) to Nagercoil. i checked with conductor he said seats are available 230rs (madurai to nellai). bus started 8.15am with good speed and reached sattur Aryas canteen around 9.50am. he overtook two byepass rider and he didn't enter thirumangalam. It seems bus is not speed locked. we overtook SRM Volvo sleeper before kovilpatti. SRM Scania and volvo sleeper again overtook us. we overtook parveen sleeper before kayathar toll.got down 11.10am. over all good journey.
Nice to know that atleast new SETCs are ready to upkeep timing.
However, timings seen by you are normal for that class (3.5 hrs to Tvl).

HRSH

Thirunallar-Bangalore ACC
The onward trip took a toll on everyone's body I already booked tickets on Tirunallar-Bangalore ACC, but my whole family is against that idea. Our tour ends at Thirunallar, I quickly looked for alternatives. Once again rathimeena was considered but going back to Kumbakonam is tiresome we decided to stick to the original plan.

This is my third trip in this Service. Reached the parking point at 06.00 itself for a 7 pm departure. With the regular formalities of cleaning, arranging the bus started at 06.40 pm and reached Temple entrance at 06.45 and started at 06.50 pm. Reached Karaikal at 07.15 pm. There was a hell of a traffic from there due to Velankanni Festival. The whole road was chaotic, there was countless Tourist vehicles and infinite special buses from TNSTC, the driver murmured "that's it! we're done!" the speed never crossed 60 kmph we are tailing a Nagapattinam bus for a long time when he stops at bus stop we stop too like a town bus. I sat in the front row, jeez! we cant even think about overtaking, the conductor was saying 'monsoon took out most the roads'. The roads were non existent in some places, its just traffic, traffic, traffic. Parveen Sleeper, Rathimeena ishift crossed together by 08.30 pm later Raahath Sleeper & Universal Scania crossed together. Looks like even the buses coming from Chennai are running late.

Seriously saying it is painful to watch a Volvo bus going deadslow, luckily the Driver didnot do the 'Gear-Dragging drive' he tried to pickup speed wherever possible but all his effort are in vain as we are running too late. At one place one passenger asked for a biobreak the driver helplessly said 'there is no place even to pullover sir!' however after few kms he made a brief stop, believe me the whole bus came out except ladies. The break took 10 mins. Again got back into the chaos and reached Vadalur Motel at 10.40 pm. The Motel was in a closing stage and had nothing to offer than Dosa the already half drowsy passengers ordered whatever is leftover including us.

Fromhere the Conductor took the wheel even while having dinner itself he is getting calls from neyveli passengers he replied we're almost there hold on. We reached Neyveli bus stand at 11.10 pm the Chidambaram-Bangalore Corona is also picking pax and is about to move, both the Driver & conductor are in a hurry mood. We started at 11.30 pm with around 70% occupancy its the conductor at Wheels. The conductor was worried abt the time loss, once we started coming out of the stand he started ripping, he started speeding in Neyveli town itself, I can no longer keep awake and enjoy the speed and drifted to sleep quickly, but still the busfan inside me is conscious to the surrounding, I can surely bet the bus was doing 90+. The conductor never scared of the opposite traffic, when he decided to overtake he just overtake no second thoughts, the bus was zigzagging like a omni bus, I can here the Indicator 'tick-tick' sound throughout the night.

We stopped for 3rd biobreak,guess what, we are near Hosur the time was 04.40 am it was now the Driver at the wheels, I was very convinced by the time-catching drive. The driver become lethargic now he switched to "Depot-4" Mode. All the Chennai, Coimbatore bound started overtaking us, again there was traffic at Hosur, Electronic City the driver didnot take the BETL finally dropped at Silkboard at 05.45 pm.

Verdict: This is my third journey in this service. It seems this route gets some relaxation to the drivers, they are quiet opposite to the Regular Airavat drivers. Compared to the Kumbakonam ACC this bus is better maintained. Despite all the traffic in single road they still reached on time, its the conductor who did all the wonders. Sadly I slept through most of his drive.

I'll recommend this Service.
Dozerbull, your old review to Thirunallar is still in my mind as I very clearly remember it, despite reading it a long time ago!

dozerbull

Dozerbull, your old review to Thirunallar is still in my mind as I very clearly remember it, despite reading it a long time ago!
Exactly. They maintain the Service in the same level, that's why my review is the same. In the three years all these KPN, SRM etc etc came and gone. Its only this service that is providing reliable, quality Journey.

binaiks

@binaiks,

Need a favour, I can see a lot new buses are entering in Tamil Nadu state. Where as new buses to enter in Karnataka is not that easy, as the existing operator doesn't allow yet. I know that TN doesn't give permit, if I register 2 buses from PY what are the taxes (both for TN & PY) on me to drive in Chennai To Coimbatore route. As am basically from Chennai.
There are no other "taxes" - its all under-table payments afterwards. But, remember, PY tax is expensive now.

Rvd_rider

ya. Even now a days omni bus took 3 hrs. from tirunelveli to Madurai mattuthavani. last YBM trip it took 2.45hrs to reach mattuthavani. Nagercoil AC sleeper cum seater had good pick up and maintained good speed. My friend traveled 180 UD Vasantham new ultra deluxe and it took 8.5 hrs to reach Maduravayal toll FromTNV.

binaiks

This was unexpected. What about the NL reg buses?? How do the new operators do business? They use only the NP pass? (National Permit)?
NL tax is low, which is why a lot of operators go there instead of PY. If you are operating Chennai-Coimbatore, NL+TN Tax is cheaper than PY+TN Tax.

NL buses are all on All India Permit. National Permit is no more.