Volvo B9R

binaiks

Investing in Seater buses nowadays is no-brainer. As a loyal Multiaxle fan myself my one-trip in Sleeper recently corrupted my mind. Now I'm slowly bending towards Sleeper buses. Honestly, the comfort in Premium Sleeper Buses is far-high compared to Semi-Sleeper buses
I think you meant investing in sleeper buses in a no-brainer. The phrase "no-brainer" is used for decision that do not require thinking twice (Google defines it as "something that requires or involves little or no mental effort.")

I've personally moved towards Sleepers of late - take semi-sleepers only when the sleepers are too expensive, and when I am traveling alone. I found it hard to sleep when I took sleeper buses initially - but off late, I sleep really well in them.

deepam

Super User
Investing in Seater buses nowadays is no-brainer. As a loyal Multiaxle fan myself my one-trip in Sleeper recently corrupted my mind. Now I'm slowly bending towards Sleeper buses. Honestly, the comfort in Premium Sleeper Buses is far-high compared to Semi-Sleeper buses
++++++++++++++
It depends on which route you are traveling and the road condition! When there are twists and turns or when road is bad, I feel Semi-sleeper is still a better option. When there are lots of speed breakers enroute, I do not think sleeper is a good option.
I traveled in Amabaari Dream Class from Bangalore to Hyderabad, for some reason I was not happy with the comfort. My wife likes sleeper and I like Semi-Sleeper.

Feedback I got from KSRTC drivers is that the B11R suspension is far delicate when compared to B9R suspension.
So they are extra cautious on the route especially Hassan to Mangalore where the roads are really in bad shape.

OOT: Unfortunately every year this road goes bad during Monsoon and this is National Highway. I agree that the rains were heavy; but road also be strengthened to deal this!

deepam

Super User
Also I felt Ambaari Dream Class journey will be good for 8-11 hours of journey.
For journey beyond 15 hours it is going to be boring [with no entertainment system] as it is not comfortable to sit and we cannot sleep the whole time.
I am yet to travel in Private Celeste buses and also in Starz to experience.

Rvd_rider

Tranzking chennai to Tirunelveli (11-10-2019)

Bus came around 9.15pm to urapakkam. I booked L1,L2,U18 . They provided water bottle and headphone. no snacks or cool drinks this time. As usual bus maintained well and very good pickup. stopped dinner melmaruvathur balaji hotel. Had best dinner. dosa and hot pongal. very tasty. second driver took in wheel he drove very good speed.overtook jeyam travels,SMS,Sri jothi, kallada sleeper and reached trichy stopped for bio break. again first driver took in action he too maintained good speed. here we were overtaken by Evacy volvo, Rahath(volvo oho man what a speed) UTS AC sleeper finally 180 Seater cum Sleeper Tirunelveli bound SETC. he just over took and out of sight. hope he might overtook Evacy also. i saw that bus near Thirumangalam toll. Again second driver took the control . drove good speed. we reached 6.10am and got dropped near vannarapettai. We got our car and parked near Lakshmi gayathri hotel. the bus one overtook us came to depot within 10mints without any passenger. So he may reached well ahead of us.

deepam

Super User
Orange Travels in converting their MAV Semisleeper to Sleeper buses.
I saw in facebook; the pic of Orange Scania operating as MAV Sleeper between Vijayawada and Mysore. OTT3016

Last edited:

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
Evacay Review
Route : Chennai - Coimbatore
Operator: Evacay Bus
Bus type : Volvo B11r 14.5 Multi axle AC Semi sleeper
Departure: 7 PM (Perungalathur)
Arrival : 1.40 AM
Dinner break+ short break : 30 and odd mins
Reached Perungalathur boarding point around 6.15 PM. Got tracking link around 5.45. Got call from crew and they informed me that bus is caught in traffic and delayed because of the same.
Bus came around 7 PM, boarding was fast and we started immediately..Again we caught in a traffic block in Vandlur and was slow moving traffic. Crossed Paranur toll around 7.40 PM. Stopped for dinner break in usual acharapakkam aryas 8.25 PM and started back around 8.50 PM. Pilot was maintaining a constant speed and movie was continued. Just floating on roads.No harsh brakes or cuts. Even honking done only in intersection and for pullingos. Coupled with those yellow lights semma feel it was. There was also a baby travelling kid did not even cry a bit. Such a comfortable ride
Blankets were kept folded and 500 ML bisileri bottle was present in each seat. Villupuram byepass first junction at 9.30 PM, Senguruchi toll at 10 PM, Salem Byepass drop around 11.35 PM. Reached Sankagiri toll around 12. For bio break. We stopped there for around 5 mins. Decided to have some sleep finally woke up around 1.30 AM when bus was crossing Neelambur and crew were coordinating coimbatore boarding. Reached Gandhipuram exactly on time at 1.40 AM. 4 pax got down and 3 pax got in. And I got down at Ukkadam bus stand. Usual Evacay journey and delay at start was also covered. Completely satisfied particularly the crew were awesome be it the driving or passenger communications or way in which they handled boarding. Only one minor negative being a small rattling from luggage rack in bad roads.
Kudos team. Thanks for a beautiful, punctual trip as usual.
72404035_2729304717100922_884317058823618560_o.jpg

deepam

Super User
Sudhir,
Only one minor negative being a small rattling from luggage rack in bad roads.
======
This is issue with B11R; they are not rock solid like B9R.

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
Sudhir,
Only one minor negative being a small rattling from luggage rack in bad roads.
======
This is issue with B11R; they are not rock solid like B9R.
Very much agreed even crew are of same opinion and I don't feel ride to be as planted as 9r. And crew was like they need to extra careful on the Bad roads

BenHur

I see six services listed between Hyderabad and Nagarcoil.

Two Kallada
Two Alhind (One SL, one SS)
KPN and Swamy Ayyappa (both SL).

Does this route have that much load? Are these new buses or diverted from other routes?

Also any feedback on Swamy Ayyappa?