Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
Even they cancelled Mangalore - Trivandrum Scania MA and Chennai - Nagercoil MAV. Are they converting them to sleepers or due to the poor occupancy? Any idea guys!

Mangalore - Trivandrum service was by KeSRTC.

deepam

Super User
Today morning saw KPN Starz B11R Sleeper service Trivandrum / Nagercoil - Hyderabad service arriving at 9:30 AM at Kukatpally. Bearing regn Number AP39 9639 or 9369 can't recollect it now.
Yesterday morning around 8:45 AM saw the Orange Travels Celeste - OTT 82 New operating Madurai - Hyderabad [before scheduled time].

dozerbull

Even they cancelled Mangalore - Trivandrum Scania MA and Chennai - Nagercoil MAV. Are they converting them to sleepers or due to the poor occupancy? Any idea guys!
For some reasons SRS never tookoff in tamilnadu. They cover almost all parts of the state from Chennai but still they never reached the success like in Karnataka.

binaiks

Today morning saw KPN Starz B11R Sleeper service Trivandrum / Nagercoil - Hyderabad service arriving at 9:30 AM at Kukatpally. Bearing regn Number AP39 9639 or 9369 can't recollect it now.
Yesterday morning around 8:45 AM saw the Orange Travels Celeste - OTT 82 New operating Madurai - Hyderabad [before scheduled time].
KPN StarZ operates on Coimbatore-Hyderabad route. Nagercoil route is operated using a Prakash built B9R sleeper.

For some reasons SRS never tookoff in tamilnadu. They cover almost all parts of the state from Chennai but still they never reached the success like in Karnataka.
Tamil Nadu routes are dominated by local players only - if you notice, all routes are monopolized by local players only. Passengers never gave space for outside players. In fact, on some routes, passengers prefer operators based in their home cities (like Conti from Coimbatore)

deepam

Super User
KPN StarZ operates on Coimbatore-Hyderabad route. Nagercoil route is operated using a Prakash built B9R sleeper.

Tamil Nadu routes are dominated by local players only - if you notice, all routes are monopolized by local players only. Passengers never gave space for outside players. In fact, on some routes, passengers prefer operators based in their home cities (like Conti from Coimbatore)
++++++++++++++
SRS failed to take off in TN, how did Orange Travels click? Atleast they are covering multiple destinations or is Orange just running the buses?

binaiks

++++++++++++++
SRS failed to take off in TN, how did Orange Travels click? Atleast they are covering multiple destinations or is Orange just running the buses?
Tell me what all routes did Orange travels click? They 've been cutting down services even in Bangalore-TN/KL routes - Bangalore-Chennau is down, Bangalore-Ernakulam seater cancelled, Bangalore-TVM Seater cancelled earlier, chennai-tvm seater cancelled, chennai-ekm is hanging on somehow.

Their other routes are no different either. And, then, comparing SRS and Orange is like comparing apples and oranges - the former has absolutely no customer support, while the latter is far ahead in that.

dozerbull

Tell me what all routes did Orange travels click? They 've been cutting down services even in Bangalore-TN/KL routes - Bangalore-Chennau is down, Bangalore-Ernakulam seater cancelled, Bangalore-TVM Seater cancelled earlier, chennai-tvm seater cancelled, chennai-ekm is hanging on somehow.

Their other routes are no different either. And, then, comparing SRS and Orange is like comparing apples and oranges - the former has absolutely no customer support, while the latter is far ahead in that.
Actually Orange Scania is in my 'to be tried' list for my Bangalore-Vellore travel. They operated a Scania in the evening Slot some months before. Back then Hebron, Evacay are the Hotshots. Orange and TAT Celeste were the newentrys. Strangely they never had a drop points for Vellore its a Point-to-Point Service. But for some unknown reasons the redbus ratings for that service is not favorable. Some people commented about Poor staff service something like that. Few months before they totally stopped the Scania Services.

Dowsarpandi

SRS runs parcel services in which passengers are also ferried!!!. In most of the Bangalore TN routes, they are slower than State transport buses (which have the obligation of entering bus stands enroute). Most of their schedules operate like this. Depart Kalasipalya/AR circle @ 0 hours, leave Madiwala @ 2.30 -3 hours, load cargo at hosur BS and leave @ 4- 5 hours from the time bus leaves Bangalore city. Following this hit the road like maniacs (their overloaded sleepers/seater sleepers are terrorizing to drive alongside between Hosur and Krishnagiri). Their cargo loading unloading start again at the day break - if one is fortunate it could be Trichy or Madurai depending on the service he/she is in!!! And another few hours to the final destination.

Their premium buses to chennai, Madurai and Coimbatore fare better than their sleepers - the cargo loading is restricted only to the storage and waste less time in comparison to their seater/sleepers and sleepers.

Absolutely!!! Most tier two cities and towns have their local players operating services which passengers patronize loyally. Unless the service is extra ordinary, it would be difficult for any new player to break into the market.

++++++++++++++
Orange clicked? Now that is a news to me!! (My family friend happens to be the manager of operations in chennai office). If they are irregular in what can be considered a "fair load" route like chennai bangalore, I wonder how they sustain the other routes. Except the sleeper, none of their services are trustworthy in the chennai bangalore route - they simply keep cancelling services in the eleventh hour.

Actually Orange Scania is in my 'to be tried' list for my Bangalore-Vellore travel. They operated a Scania in the evening Slot some months before. Back then Hebron, Evacay are the Hotshots. Orange and TAT Celeste were the newentrys. Strangely they never had a drop points for Vellore its a Point-to-Point Service. But for some unknown reasons the redbus ratings for that service is not favorable. Some people commented about Poor staff service something like that. Few months before they totally stopped the Scania Services.
The days of Hebron and Evacay are over - they are off roads for sometime now. Currently, it is the ever reliable Parveen, Blow hot and cold RKK as well as TAT are the most regular evening services. Asian seems to shuffling quite bit as most seaters are being replaced by sleepers.