Volvo B9R

deepak.yerr

For KSRTC Ambaari Dream Class is not getting good feedback on Mangalore-Pune route. Can be seen in the Pricing, this week. B11R Semi-sleeper Mangalore-Mumbai fares are higher than Mangalore-Pune Sleeper service.
Without Entertainment system and uncomfortable to seat is making this least option.
Clicked well in Bangalore - Hyderabad route which is 9-10 hours of travel. For more duration, the Ambaari Dream Class journey is not exciting.

08th pair was delivered last week, not sure which route KSRTC is going to deploy.
Bamgalore Mumbai and Mangalore Mumbai are highly underpriced due to fare war of private operators Today Mumbai is Rs 900 for semisleeper and 1300 odd for Sleeper which is just Rs 1 and 1.3 per km they get revenue from cargo. So its difficult for new players and KSRTC to match price unless they is good demand like Bangalore Mumbai and customer service which make KSRTC stand un Bangalore Mumbai but not able in Mangalore Mumbai.

Srihari

Very very tiring to be in a sleeper bus for 16 to 18 hours.Faced it when i travelled from Bangalore to Pune in SRS B11R sleeper few years back and recently while travelling from Bangalore to Shirdi in VRL B9R sleeper.
Coming to Mumbai route KSRTC has only 2 service from Bangalore while SRS has around 14 service per day.VRL services are dwindling by the day in Bangalore Mumbai route.I had booked VRL B11R semisleeper from Mumbai to Bangalore 11 AM service and now the service is removed and VRL says that they will accomodate me in their 12 pm b9r sleeper, thought of travelling from Mumbai to Bangalore in a sleeper frightens me.Planning to shift to SRS 11 Am volvo sem isleepers ervice.I hope we see volvo seater cum sleeper service in long routes of more than 12 hrs.Really feel sad to see VRL services dwindling by the day in its strong route once upon a time.only 3 service today.They are running only 5 services tomorrow.SRS running 12 services tomorrow.Not a big fan of srs as they try to fill each and every seat by looking for road side passengers.

Srihari

KSRTC each Multi axle and two axle Volvo buses have crossed 2 million KM without any replacement of major aggregates and another 13 vehicles have crossed 1.8 million KM and still running on long distance routes in Bangalore Central Division. Managing Director KSRTC said, it’s been great achievement of the staff and officers of KSRTC for maintening the Volvo buses through regular maintenance and to follow the periodic check up to operate more than 20 lakh Kms in Indian road conditions without any major repairs and appreciated the driver’s for their good driving habits, mechanics for the their effective maintenance and officers for scrupulously following the best practices. KSRTC wins global recognition again by entering 2 million club in Inter -State and Intra- State Volvo Bus Operation.

deepam

Super User
Very very tiring to be in a sleeper bus for 16 to 18 hours.Faced it when i travelled from Bangalore to Pune in SRS B11R sleeper few years back and recently while travelling from Bangalore to Shirdi in VRL B9R sleeper.
Coming to Mumbai route KSRTC has only 2 service from Bangalore while SRS has around 14 service per day.VRL services are dwindling by the day in Bangalore Mumbai route.I had booked VRL B11R semisleeper from Mumbai to Bangalore 11 AM service and now the service is removed and VRL says that they will accomodate me in their 12 pm b9r sleeper, thought of travelling from Mumbai to Bangalore in a sleeper frightens me.Planning to shift to SRS 11 Am volvo sem isleepers ervice.I hope we see volvo seater cum sleeper service in long routes of more than 12 hrs.Really feel sad to see VRL services dwindling by the day in its strong route once upon a time.only 3 service today.They are running only 5 services tomorrow.SRS running 12 services tomorrow.Not a big fan of srs as they try to fill each and every seat by looking for road side passengers.
++++++++++++++
For this reason still SRS is operating Semi-sleeper in KA-RJ routes?
Even if you have Seater and Sleeper combination; one cannot switch seats right? As passengers would have occupied other seats!

Srihari

++++++++++++++
For this reason still SRS is operating Semi-sleeper in KA-RJ routes?
Even if you have Seater and Sleeper combination; one cannot switch seats right? As passengers would have occupied other seats!
Yes, will help only if more than one passenger is travelling so that berth/seat can be time shared.Better than not having any choice.