Volvo B9R

BenHur

How was the berth comfort - in terms of berth width, mattress quality, etc.
In the single berth, I was able to slightly roll and sleep; and the inner two berths side, without middle partition a family of four with 2 kids can lie-down, as we were able to.

Bedding was good; I liked the pillows.

Hope they are able to maintain it.

deepam

Super User
In the single berth, I was able to slightly roll and sleep; and the inner two berths side, without middle partition a family of four with 2 kids can lie-down, as we were able to.

Bedding was good; I liked the pillows.

Hope they are able to maintain it.
++++++++++++++++++
Not only the operator but even passenger traveling in the bus co-operation is needed to maintain it.
Recently read articles that there some 7k thefts of pillows or blankets or towels in Railway coaches 1A, 2A and 3A last year.

deepak.yerr

Nagercoil to Hyderabad KPHB in 19 hrs too good that too with 90kmph speed lock, covering 1241 km is a big task with 65kmph avg. The restrictions for entry and plying of Pvt busesin city limits is between 8 to 2200 and strictly saying they should ply after 800 and before 2200. This applies even KPHB. Most buses start operating from 2100 itself from kukatpally and all evening long distance services ply from afternoon via Miyapur kondapur Gachibowli, medhipatnam ring road. For entry into hyderabad they should not enter after 700 in any direction and should be in parking places by 800. Atleast 200 buses enter between 700 and 800 in different directions and they escape peak hour trafffic all through their route and reach parking spots before 900. 100 buses enter after 800 and these buses are challaned by traffic police every now and then atleast once in fornight and even the traffic police knew them. I was travelling to Hyd in Feb by Diwakar the bus entered 1000 and was stopped by traffic police near to MGBS as they are instructions in wireless to impose fine from higher officials and the traffic police is quoting that it is a regular habbit and fine is slapped every time. In fact they have made a data of highest fine imposed on a single vehicle and it came out to be a bus with Rs5 lacs fine in 2yrs time (long back dont remember the year) and certainly it is kallada late service from Ernakulam when they used to have 5 services of which one used to come at 1200. This news came in eenadu newpaper

deepam

Super User
Nagercoil to Hyderabad KPHB in 19 hrs too good that too with 90kmph speed lock, covering 1241 km is a big task with 65kmph avg. The restrictions for entry and plying of Pvt busesin city limits is between 8 to 2200 and strictly saying they should ply after 800 and before 2200. This applies even KPHB. Most buses start operating from 2100 itself from kukatpally and all evening long distance services ply from afternoon via Miyapur kondapur Gachibowli, medhipatnam ring road. For entry into hyderabad they should not enter after 700 in any direction and should be in parking places by 800. Atleast 200 buses enter between 700 and 800 in different directions and they escape peak hour trafffic all through their route and reach parking spots before 900. 100 buses enter after 800 and these buses are challaned by traffic police every now and then atleast once in fornight and even the traffic police knew them. I was travelling to Hyd in Feb by Diwakar the bus entered 1000 and was stopped by traffic police near to MGBS as they are instructions in wireless to impose fine from higher officials and the traffic police is quoting that it is a regular habbit and fine is slapped every time. In fact they have made a data of highest fine imposed on a single vehicle and it came out to be a bus with Rs5 lacs fine in 2yrs time (long back dont remember the year) and certainly it is kallada late service from Ernakulam when they used to have 5 services of which one used to come at 1200. This news came in eenadu newpaper
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Now private buses are not allowed to enter thru' Miyapur Allwyn X towards Mehedipatnam via Kondapur - Gachibowli; the buses take longer route BHEL - Patancheru - ORR - Rajendranagar exit - Mehedipatnam,
They are allowed only after 9:30 or 10 PM.

deepam

Super User
++++++++++++++++++
Just now AWATAR is updated with the schedules.
2 services are shown, one is regular INR 982 and other is shown as special INR 1283!
I guess Mangalore 2 Depot has rejected to have this bus deployed on Mangalore - Hyderabad and Mangalore-Mumbai due to complaints received for removing ADC on Mangalore - Pune and convert it back to ACC.

Now the Special Service is deleted.
Service Route Details
Trip Code2212BNGCDP
Depot NameBENGALURU 2
Bus TypeAMBAARI DREAM CLASS
Place Name​
Location​
Departure Time (HH(24)mm)​
BENGALURUKEMPEGOWDA BS TERMINAL 2A22:12
BENGALURUYESHWANTPUR GOVARDHAN THEATER 916442500522:20
BENGALURUJALHALLI CROSS PH NO. 9886022381 776099079322:30
BENGALURUMADANAYKANAHALLI BS916438475422:40
BENGALURUNELAMANGALA KUNIGAL BYPASS22:50
MANGALURUMANGALURU05:00
SURATHKALSURATHKAL05:15
UDUPIUDUPI06:00
MANIPALMANIPAL06:30
KUNDAPURAKUNDAPURA07:12

Service Route Details
Trip Code2057CDPBNG
Depot NameBENGALURU 4
Bus TypeAMBAARI DREAM CLASS
Place Name​
Location​
Departure Time (HH(24)mm)​
KUNDAPURAKUNDAPURA BUS STAND20:46
MANIPALMANIPAL BUS STAND21:45
UDUPIUDUPI BUSSTAND22:00
PADUBIDREPADUBIDRE BUS STAND22:20
MULKIMULKI BUS STAND22:30
SURATHKALSURATHKAL22:50
MANGALURUMANGALURU23:15
BENGALURUKEMPEGOWDA BS MAJESTIC07:00

Last edited:

Rvd_rider

Chennai to Pondy SETC AC new bus 30-10-2019

Bus started 1pm from thiruvanmyur. chennai to Vealnkanni bus. 30 peoples boarded. before us 188 TNSTC and PRTC went. we started 1pm and overtook PRTC before mayajal. it was heavy rain. bus was maintained decent speed above 75. bus entered kalpakkam and stopped for bio break near pudhupattinam Vasnatham hotel. before that we were over taken by RAGATH Volvo and universal AC sleeper. bus reached 4.15 Indhragandhi statue. over all good speed.

Return by PRTC Volvo low floor. bus started 9.10pm from pondy and reached 11.15 urapakam. he maintained above 85 all the time. over all super journey.

Prince02

++++++++++++++++++
Just now AWATAR is updated with the schedules.
2 services are shown, one is regular INR 982 and other is shown as special INR 1283!
I guess Mangalore 2 Depot has rejected to have this bus deployed on Mangalore - Hyderabad and Mangalore-Mumbai due to complaints received for removing ADC on Mangalore - Pune and convert it back to ACC.

Now the Special Service is deleted.
I guess the special service would have been the one which they had intended to give it to Mangalore depot. The Kundapura service would have been introduced by Bengaluru depot(Guessing depot-2)

Very bad time to introduce a new service to Kundapura via Mangalore. The roads are in horrible condition after Sakleshpur.