Volvo B9R

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
On this day 10 years back I started this page out of my sheer excitement travelling in B9R for the first time. This forum has grown huge today. Iam happy to see more people posting their experiences here and also more buses hitting the roads..
Thanks so much for this exiting forum @gideon1000 . That SRM 11hr reviews from you are still vivid in our minds. To 100 more years:supz::supz:

deepak.yerr

Thanks so much for this exiting forum @gideon1000 . That SRM 11hr reviews from you are still vivid in our minds. To 100 more years:supz::supz:
After reading this thread I was excited to travel in Volvo B9R though travelled in Volvo B7R first journey in Aug 2005 in SVR Chennai Hyd done in 9hrs 40 mins 630km and Volvo B9R journies in Sreekaleswari between Bangalore VIJAYAWADA in 2009, 2010, 2011. In dec 2011 Bangalore Visakhapatnam was introduced by SVR and Kesineni out of sheer excitement travelled booked ticket in Feb 2012 to experience faster journey. To my excitement Tirupati Visakhapaatnam 805km is covered in 12hrs with 30 minutes break is the fastest even till date between Tirupati Visakhapaatnam though Nellore Vja is under 6 laning.

dozerbull

After reading this thread I was excited to travel in Volvo B9R though travelled in Volvo B7R first journey in Aug 2005 in SVR Chennai Hyd done in 9hrs 40 mins 630km and Volvo B9R journies in Sreekaleswari between Bangalore VIJAYAWADA in 2009, 2010, 2011. In dec 2011 Bangalore Visakhapatnam was introduced by SVR and Kesineni out of sheer excitement travelled booked ticket in Feb 2012 to experience faster journey. To my excitement Tirupati Visakhapaatnam 805km is covered in 12hrs with 30 minutes break is the fastest even till date between Tirupati Visakhapaatnam though Nellore Vja is under 6 laning.
First routes to get B9r as per my Knowledge
1. Dhanunjaya : Chennai-Hyderabad
2. KPN : Bangalore-Trivandrum
3. SRM: Chennai-Trivandrum
4. Kallada:Bangalore-Alleppy
5. Parveen:Chennai-Ernakulam Via Pondy
6. Kaleswari:Chennai-Vizag
7. Sharma:Bangalore-Chennai

Anyone can further add the list !!!

HRSH

On this day 10 years back I started this page out of my sheer excitement travelling in B9R for the first time. This forum has grown huge today. Iam happy to see more people posting their experiences here and also more buses hitting the roads..
Kudos to you gideon!

i think it was in 2006 KSRTC started its volvo services. I had the chance to travel in one of their new services between Bangalore and chennai. My first travel in a volvo was in 2003 March with Sharma transports from Pune to Bangalore. Those days they simply let the beast loose as the highways were not so crowded like now. There was a Davanagere based operator called "Mahesh Motors" who were well known for speed. They were covering Davanagere - Mumbai in 16 hours and at crazy speeds. In 2003 sugama transports had volvo service from Bangalore to Mumbai and I have travelled once from Hubli to Mumbai. Mangalore based operators always stood apart for cleanliness, punctuality.