Volvo B9R

M4machine

Hellow guyz ...
Am new in this forum..
But i watched all activities &posts....last 4 years am visited this good forum but not registered but now i want to register here because.
Guyz i want your help and support and guideness....
Am a huge fan of scania volvo merc premium buses .....
Am a tourist bus owner.now running ashok legland...buses from kerala...
Our new business is starting night serive buses ...now am agrrement with scania group.13.7m factory made buses....am a new cummer to this field..
Time punchulaity ,clenaess neat ,lowest fair,passenger friendly,fanbus,customer stasifies bus our wish........!
I have some doubts
1,me from south...kerala..so which route is in south india good for newcummer for good profit with 2 buses.
2.which type bus is good for starters in this field..
3Which type is good semi sleeper or sleepr coach
4 sleeper cumm seater is good or bad?
5which brand is good for starters like scania and volvo..now am looking scania 13.7m semi sleeper .....factory made..
6which is best colour code for scania metrolink
7if a new cummer ashokleyland leera...or bharathbenz ...which is best?
Leyland chase or eicher chase which is good?
8what about eicher chase ?its good or bad.?
9leyland chase prakash capela or vega?
Which is good for a new cummer...?
10 whats the simple tricks to suscess nightserive route.
Which things more preffered customer from nightserive buses??
11 which registeration is good for interstate....
12 which website is good for travel..
App store is mandatory?
13 which type now cutomer choosing sleeper or semisleepr?seater cum sleeper
Is toilet and pantry is good choice for south routes?
14.please help to good south routes
15.please help me to good hotels.
16..i want thorley well experiences minimim experinced15 yrs interstate nightserive route experince Volvo scania trainging certificate holders please conatact me am hiring multiaxle Drivers.....
Guyzzz please support our new buisness..
Soon i will update all...if any one to help me please comment.......thanku all!!!!

shenoyshrikants

On this day 10 years back I started this page out of my sheer excitement travelling in B9R for the first time. This forum has grown huge today. Iam happy to see more people posting their experiences here and also more buses hitting the roads..
Not sure about the count of people and forum members who would be thankful to you for starting this thread. It has been the most popular and engaging thread over the decade, I believe.

Gold Class

First routes to get B9r as per my Knowledge
1. Dhanunjaya : Chennai-Hyderabad
2. KPN : Bangalore-Trivandrum
3. SRM: Chennai-Trivandrum
4. Kallada:Bangalore-Alleppy
5. Parveen:Chennai-Ernakulam Via Pondy
6. Kaleswari:Chennai-Vizag
7. Sharma:Bangalore-Chennai

Anyone can further add the list !!!
You missed out SOFIYA LINES !!!

shenoyshrikants

++++++++++++++++++
Just now AWATAR is updated with the schedules.
2 services are shown, one is regular INR 982 and other is shown as special INR 1283!
I guess Mangalore 2 Depot has rejected to have this bus deployed on Mangalore - Hyderabad and Mangalore-Mumbai due to complaints received for removing ADC on Mangalore - Pune and convert it back to ACC.

Now the Special Service is deleted.
Service Route Details
Trip Code2212BNGCDP
Depot NameBENGALURU 2
Bus TypeAMBAARI DREAM CLASS
Place Name​
Location​
Departure Time (HH(24)mm)​
BENGALURUKEMPEGOWDA BS TERMINAL 2A22:12
BENGALURUYESHWANTPUR GOVARDHAN THEATER 916442500522:20
BENGALURUJALHALLI CROSS PH NO. 9886022381 776099079322:30
BENGALURUMADANAYKANAHALLI BS916438475422:40
BENGALURUNELAMANGALA KUNIGAL BYPASS22:50
MANGALURUMANGALURU05:00
SURATHKALSURATHKAL05:15
UDUPIUDUPI06:00
MANIPALMANIPAL06:30
KUNDAPURAKUNDAPURA07:12

Service Route Details
Trip Code2057CDPBNG
Depot NameBENGALURU 4
Bus TypeAMBAARI DREAM CLASS
Place Name​
Location​
Departure Time (HH(24)mm)​
KUNDAPURAKUNDAPURA BUS STAND20:46
MANIPALMANIPAL BUS STAND21:45
UDUPIUDUPI BUSSTAND22:00
PADUBIDREPADUBIDRE BUS STAND22:20
MULKIMULKI BUS STAND22:30
SURATHKALSURATHKAL22:50
MANGALURUMANGALURU23:15
BENGALURUKEMPEGOWDA BS MAJESTIC07:00
Many people are disappointed with the change in service for Mangalore Pune from Semi Sleeper to Ambari.

Adding to the woes of the passengers, they cancel the Mumbai - Mangalore services at their own whims 1-2 days before the trip. Adding to lack of reliability for anyone to plan their journey on KSRTC. Prefer to book private operators who are more reliable and punctual on this route.

deepam

Super User
i think it was in 2006 KSRTC started its volvo services. I had the chance to travel in one of their new services between Bangalore and chennai. My first travel in a volvo was in 2003 March with Sharma transports from Pune to Bangalore. Those days they simply let the beast loose as the highways were not so crowded like now. There was a Davanagere based operator called "Mahesh Motors" who were well known for speed. They were covering Davanagere - Mumbai in 16 hours and at crazy speeds. In 2003 sugama transports had volvo service from Bangalore to Mumbai and I have travelled once from Hubli to Mumbai. Mangalore based operators always stood apart for cleanliness, punctuality.
++++++++++++++++++
KSRTC started the first Volvo service in late 2002 [not 2006], on the 3 PM Bangalore - Mumbai [Central] Service.
Trial operations were on as early as May 2002 [Trial routes covered even Manipal - Bangalore]; my cousin had traveled in one of the trips. There was a Volvo Engineer / technician on-board the bus.
First set of Volvo bus was delivered to Sharma Transports as they were the providing Office commute to Volvo Staff. Sharma Transports also provided huge concessions to the Volvo Staff to travel in their Inter-city operations even on personal trips [this is first hand information from my ex-office colleague as he had worked at Volvo India].
First schedule on Bangalore-Hyderabad was introduced in early 2003. By 2003; KSRTC was operating Volvo in following routes, apart from the first route:
Bangalore - Mangalore
Bangalore - Bellary
Bangalore - Chennai
Bangalore - Tirupati
Bangalore - Goa

Till 2006; the buses fleet management was maintained by Volvo India. After which it was taken over by KSRTC.

By 2006-07; Volvo buses were in huge number. The Mark 2 KSRTC buses had Lap seat belts. I had traveled wearing them during my Aug 2005 journey.

dozerbull

Hellow guyz ...
Am new in this forum..
But i watched all activities &posts....last 4 years am visited this good forum but not registered but now i want to register here because.
Our new business is starting night serive buses ...now am agrrement with scania group.13.7m factory made buses....am a new cummer to this field..
Time punchulaity ,clenaess neat ,lowest fair,passenger friendly,fanbus,customer stasifies bus our wish........!
I have some doubts
1,me from south...kerala..so which route is in south india good for newcummer for good profit with 2 buses.
5which brand is good for starters like scania and volvo..now am looking scania 13.7m semi sleeper .....factory made..
App store is mandatory?
16..i want thorley well experiences minimim experinced15 yrs interstate nightserive route experince Volvo scania trainging certificate holders please conatact me am hiring multiaxle Drivers.....
Soon i will update all...if any one to help me please comment.......thanku all!!!!
Chassis: Ashok Leyland
body : Prakash Capella
Model : Full AC Sleeper
Speed:90 kmph is enough
Amenities:Waterbottles & Snacks
Evergreen route: Chennai (Velachery ) - Bangalore (Majestic)

deepam

Super User
Hellow guyz ...
Am new in this forum..
I have some doubts
App store is mandatory?
+++++++++++++++++
Congratulations for booking Scania 13.7 m, you are procuring 2 buses. Which route are you planning to deploy?

Except for suggesting the route, I shall answer few of your questions:
Which Chassis?: Ashok Leyland CRS 225
Build: Sleeper [2X1 configuration] or alternatively 1X1 configuration with Maharaja Sleeper berths - 20 berths with sliding cabin [I had traveled way back in 2001 in Ghatge Patil AC Snoozer bus with 20 or 24 berths pretty comfortable. [berth alignment in direction of the bus motion and not perpendicular]]
Child below 10 years - Complimentary travel
Body: Prakash or MG Alma
Have Service done at Authorized Service Centers of Ashok Leyland.
Main is to have good Tyres with thread depth.
Plan to provide Drivers sufficient Rest!