Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
Just saw photo in Facebook inauguration of Mangalore Hyderabad Ambaari Dream Class
KA57F3935 and I believe pair maybe 3934.
I tried to paste link it was too long.

Dowsarpandi

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore Round trip by bus - after a long time

Bangalore - Chennai ( Intrcity smart bus by Rail Yatri) on 30/11/2019

I was going to travel to chennai for just one day. It has been a while since I had been to chennai and even longer since I had been by bus. In the interim period, plenty of new options had entered - kept trying them for family. So here was my chance and as usual waited till the day of travel to choose one. Tickets are not expensive on saturday nights and that gave me a plethora of options. Sometime after 8pm, I booked the Intrcity smart bus by Rail yatri with a boarding time of 10.45PM at electronic city. I chose intrcity (without E) because this was one of the buses with single berth availability and this one got me curious as it was mostly parked closer to my work place at Bommasandra. The tickets werent as cheap as they advertised, but worked cheaper overall (Value for money - Rs 590 for a AC sleeper is a great deal).It was drizzling enough to use umbrella. Usually I walk to the E city toll which is about 2.5km from my home if there was enough time. Getting a cab during rain is a task in itself. Since it wasnt bad and I had all the time, slowly walked and reached the E city toll by 10.30pm. E city toll is a bad place to be waiting during rains. Thankfully it was more of start stop rain all the way. The bus tracking link didnt work. Sometime post 11:15 the bus captain called confirming my arrival at the boarding point. The bus captain is none other the attendant/cleaner seen in other buses. Intrcity smart bus to other destinations came and went. The bus details came via sms sometime then. From the details, I knew I was in for a surprise - The buses which were parked in Bommasandra didnt carry that number. My Bus turned up at 1145PM bearing the registration number KA02AH0167- surprise again as it carried the name of siddaganga (I was expecting UNIVERSAL) and it was BharatBenz MG Gliderz!!. Myself and a gang of youngsters boarded the bus. It was raining cats and dogs with heavy rain forecast in chennai. It was clear that the wiper blades of the bus werent alright. Initially it looked like only the left blade was an issue. There was nothing smart about this bus. Stinking blankets, dirty sheets, non working wifi (the company brags about it through multiple messages). Water bottle was given at request. The attendant/bus captain individually asked the dropping point for every passenger and noted in a dairy. The side railing for the upper berth was minimal - that help me get into the berth with ease. A KSRTC kind of pillow made out the berth was present - no use to anyone. The berth length was fairly ok and I could fit without much of crouching. The best part was the conventional AC vent. The noise insulation level was pretty poor and the sound reminded me of the rickety run down govt buses. The young gang in the bus was having gala time and the noise they made ensured I couldnt sleep. The bus pulled for a break at Adith bhavan attached to Reliance pump outlet after Hosur. Plenty of private buses take break here. This place is as messier as those thrid rated places where TN govt buses stop. The guard there blows his whistle, knocks the bus to wake up passengers. During the break, had a chat with the crew and learnt that Railyatri had tied up with Universal, Siddaganga and Ishaa tours for operations. The driver struggled to fix the wiper blade and after a prolonged break, we were back on road. Had disturbed sleep - courtesy noise from the bus and young gang. By the time the gang tired and settled, the bus also stopped. That long stop was at Ambur for the pairing bus to cross, from which the city familiar bus captains would swap!!. Little late the bus was stationary again. It was close to 5AM and one look outside the window was enough for me to recognize the familiar place - a shanty after Pallikonda toll. Wiper blades were the culprit. Another round of struggle followed. I asked the driver if he needed any help which I could arrange from vellore. He politely refused and got the blades working again. It was pretty fast run after that and reached chennai by 0715AM. This particular service takes Koyambedu - Vadaplani - T Nagar Guindy route to Shollinganallur. Since I was the lone passenger to T nagar (I had chosen that as dropping point), the crew asked me if I could alight anywhere else. I happily obliged as I could get down at Vadapalani - my actual preferred dropping point). Overall, didnt find anything great in the service, but considering the stops and the operation patterns, I am very attracted towards it. Nevertheless, worthy of a second try.

IMG20191201001223.jpg

Chennai - Bangalore (Asian Xpress sleeper) on 2/12/2019

Since sunday night tickets were super expens

dhiju

4 Ambaari Dream Class AC Volvo Multiaxle sleepers on Bangalore to Hyderabad route.. Including the Mangalore service KSRTC operates 5 Volvo sleeper services to Hyderabad daily..

image.jpg

dozerbull

One doubt Guys. Is it possible to visit Shirdi Sai Baba temple in 4 hours interval. I mean if I book KSRTC 13.00 pm bus from Bangalore it reaches Shirdi around 06.30 am. Return they start at 13.00 pm at Shirdi. Is it possible to refresh and visit the temple and able to get back to the bus? Are they any retiring room nearby? Since I might be travelling alone I have zero knowledge about Shirdi. I dont know Hindi also.

They'll run Bangalore-Coimbatore, Mysore-Bangalore-Coimbatore, Bangalore-Thrissur, Bangalore-Kannur-Kanhangad, Mangalore-Mysore-Coimbatore, Bangalore-Kollur and Bangalore-Gokarna (via Sirsi). That makes for 14 buses, and probably Mysore would get a spare bus as well. They are getting a total of 15 buses. First lot is going to Mysore-2 & Bangalore-4 depots.
What makes these routes special to require that special fleet of B8R?

binaiks

One doubt Guys. Is it possible to visit Shirdi Sai Baba temple in 4 hours interval. I mean if I book KSRTC 13.00 pm bus from Bangalore it reaches Shirdi around 06.30 am. Return they start at 13.00 pm at Shirdi. Is it possible to refresh and visit the temple and able to get back to the bus? Are they any retiring room nearby? Since I might be travelling alone I have zero knowledge about Shirdi. I dont know Hindi also.
Very much possible. Reserve your darshan online, so that you do not waste a lot of time in the queue. The bus parks at Holiday Park Hotel - they provide rooms for freshening up at an affordable price. Use them to get fresh.