Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
One doubt Guys. Is it possible to visit Shirdi Sai Baba temple in 4 hours interval. I mean if I book KSRTC 13.00 pm bus from Bangalore it reaches Shirdi around 06.30 am. Return they start at 13.00 pm at Shirdi. Is it possible to refresh and visit the temple and able to get back to the bus? Are they any retiring room nearby? Since I might be travelling alone I have zero knowledge about Shirdi. I dont know Hindi also.
+++++++++++++++
Yes possible I have done that reached Shirdi at 7 AM and departed back at 11 AM.
I was traveling alone, only thing I suggest is you go from Hotel to Temple without Slippers. To get Slipper bag it will be big queue. Safer place if you do not have room will be the KSRTC bus itself.

Srihari

One doubt Guys. Is it possible to visit Shirdi Sai Baba temple in 4 hours interval. I mean if I book KSRTC 13.00 pm bus from Bangalore it reaches Shirdi around 06.30 am. Return they start at 13.00 pm at Shirdi. Is it possible to refresh and visit the temple and able to get back to the bus? Are they any retiring room nearby? Since I might be travelling alone I have zero knowledge about Shirdi. I dont know Hindi also.
I am a very regular visitor to Shirdi from Bangalore.You can catch the same bus provided you do advance booking of darshan.It hardly takes 30 minutes to complete the darshan.Pl note that these days the bus never reaches shirdi before 8:30 AM, they never depart bangalore on time.All regular drivers are displaced n the name of rotation policy.Alternate option which is more flexible is to reach Pune and catch the shirdi or bangalore bus.Katrej-Shivajinagar bus (bus no 2) is very convenient and frequent so as bangalore pune buses.KSRTC is my preferred bus on Shirdi - Bangalore route.From Bangalore to Shirdi i take Pune bus (VRL/SRS mostly) during evening.
If you have time try to visit few of nearby places like Ellora,Ajanta,Nashik,Triambhekshwar,Grineshwar,Shanisinganapur which are 2 to 3 hours drive from Shirdi.

uturn

Super User
You can book online Darshan.
For safer side don’t book return ticket of KSRTC if you make in time catch the bus else take Shirdi-Pune bus which will drop you at Shivaji Nagar from there catch a city bus (don’t take auto which are equally ‘good’like Bangalore they may charge Pune Bangalore bus fare)to Swargate or Katraj plenty of options are available from there towards Bangalore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dozerbull

Thank you @deepam, @Srihari, @uturn, @binaiks.

Again a few Questions.
1. In VRl website I found that Vrl buses too start from Hotel Holiday park. Is this the same place that KSRTC Scania stops? How reliable is VRL in this route?
2. Again, if I reach Shirdi Holiday Park at 08.30 am by KSRTC and If I booked 09.30 am Darshan, will there be anytime for me to refresh and join the Queue?
3. The GMap says Holiday park hotel is 700 mts from Sai Mandir. is that accurate?
4. Does the Holiday park hotel has any Cloak room for just a quickbath and dresschange.
5. It is said Mobiles are not allowed inside the temple, where shall I keep my mobile safely.
6. I dont know Marathi, Hindi or Kannada. Only Tamil and broken english. Will the people (Drivers, Hotel Persons or Temple Personnel) be able to understand me?
7. How long does it take to join the Queue have darshan and be outside.
8. Suppose if I missed to catch the KSRTC bus in return. Is there any provision to book VRL or SRS immediately. Does VRL or SRS has any office overthere?

M4machine

Chassis: Ashok Leyland
body : Prakash Capella
Model : Full AC Sleeper
Speed:90 kmph is enough
Amenities:Waterbottles & Snacks
Evergreen route: Chennai (Velachery ) - Bangalore (Majestic)
Thanku thanks...thanku sir.
Am also planing same route.
Chennai banglore.or coimbatore to banglore....
Sorry for late reply........

M4machine

Thanku
Sir am planing chennai to banglore or coimbatore to banglorewhich route is u preffer.
Thanku ..sir for reply .sorrry for late reply......any more suggestions.....
+++++++++++++++++
Congratulations for booking Scania 13.7 m, you are procuring 2 buses. Which route are you planning to deploy?

Except for suggesting the route, I shall answer few of your questions:
Which Chassis?: Ashok Leyland CRS 225
Build: Sleeper [2X1 configuration] or alternatively 1X1 configuration with Maharaja Sleeper berths - 20 berths with sliding cabin [I had traveled way back in 2001 in Ghatge Patil AC Snoozer bus with 20 or 24 berths pretty comfortable. [berth alignment in direction of the bus motion and not perpendicular]]
Child below 10 years - Complimentary travel
Body: Prakash or MG Alma
Have Service done at Authorized Service Centers of Ashok Leyland.
Main is to have good Tyres with thread depth.
Plan to provide Drivers sufficient Rest!