Volvo B9R

binaiks

It would be good if they add tag axles to the 13.7 Variant. Its odd despite their 'understanding' of Indian roads, they cant come up with Tag axles to tackle Indian Traffic
The 13.8 variant already has "tag" axles, but they are not steerable. Volvo should concentrate on promoting the 14.5m variant. The toll rate is the same for the 13.8 & 14.5 variants - so the latter makes more sense with 4 extra seats.

Can new ksrtc b8r's ply on Tirumala ghat?? bangalore to Tirumala direct would get good loads and save time..
Not even APSRTC's own B7Rs are allowed on Tirumala Ghat. Only short wheel base buses are permitted to Tirumala. Therefore the B8R is ruled out. In any case, the Tirumala ghats will soon be open only for electric vehicles, and APSRTC is reportedly planning to procure eBuses for the route and remove all diesel powered buses (which should be the way forward in any case)

Srihari

The 13.8 variant already has "tag" axles, but they are not steerable. Volvo should concentrate on promoting the 14.5m variant. The toll rate is the same for the 13.8 & 14.5 variants - so the latter makes more sense with 4 extra seats.

Not even APSRTC's own B7Rs are allowed on Tirumala Ghat. Only short wheel base buses are permitted to Tirumala. Therefore the B8R is ruled out. In any case, the Tirumala ghats will soon be open only for electric vehicles, and APSRTC is reportedly planning to procure eBuses for the route and remove all diesel powered buses (which should be the way forward in any case)
Tirumala route is money spinning route for APSRTC and they will not share the route with other SRTCs.

puneeth.p

Hi guys

Off the topic

I am travelling to Chennai from Bangalore. will be reaching Chennai Central early morning by 4.30am

I have a connecting flight from Chennai @8.40am

Can anyone suggest me the best and easiest way to travel from Chennai central stn to Chennai airport

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Buzfan

Hi guys

Off the topic

I am travelling to Chennai from Bangalore. will be reaching Chennai Central early morning by 4.30am

Can anyone suggest me the best and easiest way to travel from Chennai central stn to Chennai airport

You can take the metro train from Chennai central station to Airport. Metro train services start from 4:30 am.

Haldex

Hi guys

Off the topic

IMG_20200110_090204.jpg

dozerbull

Sorry! My bad! I wrongly mentioned 'tag' axle instead of 'steerable' axle. Second, do you believe that the '4 extra seats' actually get filled other than Weekends?