Volvo B9R

uturn

Super User
The Top Players in the bus industry seem to loose their shine. I am not seeing many VRL buses in Mumbai these days. Also SRS service quality is decreasing day by day, even heard they have lakhs of Rupees pending in many Petrol Pump and few of their buses were stopped for 2 hours at the pump. Even Orange which keeps on adding new fleets every now and then has vehicles fully built ready at few body builders factory but is not taking delivery due to fund shortage and They havent paid more than 4 months salary to their staff in Mumbai and other places , many are even leaving Orange causing management and day to day activity issues, also many of their buses which pass karnataka state run without Paying Taxes and put in the BlackList by RTO even their staff claimed that the RTO has received photos of SRS and Orange running multiple vehicles with same number plates.
We might see the downfall of a big player in 2020 if these things continue along with the economic slowdown.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Not only with economic slowdown by other reasons also
Increase in individual car driving
Increase in Vehicle hiring
(Both due to increase in quality of Roads)
Increase in Flights under Udan scheme
(Earlier one or two Flights from Belgaum now almost 11 to various destinations)
Increase in local bus operators giving tough competition.
Players like KSRTC/MSRTC getting in competition.
Unnecessarily competition in between operators.
Efficient & effective Change in Railways is another factor which is a cheaper & best option.
VRL/SRS are being top operators on Mumbai Bangalore route may get affected by new players like Kanade/Vastivika/Anand etc but still they are pioneers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binaiks

Sorry! My bad! I wrongly mentioned 'tag' axle instead of 'steerable' axle. Second, do you believe that the '4 extra seats' actually get filled other than Weekends?
Even getting filled on weekends is sufficient. The fuel consumption is similar, the toll charges are the same. The 14.5 makes all the sense for operators. 4 extra seats on a weekend is a lot of money!

What's the difference between Celeste and Starz other than the manufacturer?
The design is different, the interiors are different, the panels are different. StarZ is much lighter than Celeste - so expect differences in fuel efficiency too.

Looks like Bangalore Shirdi route got new B11R may be 13.8 one going by the layout.
The new buses are 14.5m ones. Probably they've uploaded a 47 seat layout as a back-up, just in case the permit doesn't come in as expected.

Prince02

The new buses are 14.5m ones. Probably they've uploaded a 47 seat layout as a back-up, just in case the permit doesn't come in as expected.

Binai, they are running a 13.8M Scania with 46 seats. Can't they run the 14.5M B11R with the same permit? I am guessing they will require a different permit to run a regular/volvo sleeper bus.

deepam

Super User
The Top Players in the bus industry seem to loose their shine. I am not seeing many VRL buses in Mumbai these days. Also SRS service quality is decreasing day by day, even heard they have lakhs of Rupees pending in many Petrol Pump and few of their buses were stopped for 2 hours at the pump. Even Orange which keeps on adding new fleets every now and then has vehicles fully built ready at few body builders factory but is not taking delivery due to fund shortage and They havent paid more than 4 months salary to their staff in Mumbai and other places , many are even leaving Orange causing management and day to day activity issues, also many of their buses which pass karnataka state run without Paying Taxes and put in the BlackList by RTO even their staff claimed that the RTO has received photos of SRS and Orange running multiple vehicles with same number plates.
We might see the downfall of a big player in 2020 if these things continue along with the economic slowdown.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
+++++++++++++++++
Till BSVI becomes effective there will be slow down in Personal and Commercial Auto segment. For this fiasco, Manufacturers are also to be blamed, why BSVI vehicles are not yet launched? Why they need to wait for April 01, 2020 deadline?
When operator becomes big SRS or be it Orange; they take their Vendors and staff for granted. They are under the impression they can bully the small vendors and laugh the way to their banks.
They forget the success and continuity depends on making sure they ensure to support their Vendors by making payment on time. If staff is paid salary on time; that ensures commitment.
Committed and loyal staff attracts Customers.
Partly the high Diesel prices is also to be blamed. Government should understand that non-subsidized Diesel is going to affect the common man. There are ways to ensure subsidy in form of Cashbacks. Subsidy needs to be extended to enable logistics or Bus company or operators to earn more profits. When more profits are earned; the business is lucrative and that drives investments.

I recently interacted with a close friend of mine, who is senior and working in logistics of Cement Clearing and forwarding. He was saying that almost all payments for Lorry operations - Fuel, Vehicle Servicing are now digital [Online Fund Transfer] and cash are avoided.
Tracking is done rigorously and Driver is responsible to maintain the kmpl targets. So going digital has enabled the business people.

So change is happening and for sure things will be better in days to come.

KSRTC has purchased Celeste and Starz buses; enabling more comfortable travel.

While Volvo was part of European Management, they were adamant NOT to give Chassis outside! With Volvo now taken over by Chinese company; they are now flexible in giving the Chassis to outside body builders.
Any change will upset the dynamics for short term and in the Long term it will be good for one and all.

deepam

Super User
Binai, they are running a 13.8M Scania with 46 seats. Can't they run the 14.5M B11R with the same permit? I am guessing they will require a different permit to run a regular/volvo sleeper bus.
+++++++++++++++++
I guess Permit is different for 47 and 51 seaters.

binaiks

The permit doesn't have limitations on seat or anything. In fact, the permit is issued to a specific bus.

While Volvo was part of European Management, they were adamant NOT to give Chassis outside! With Volvo now taken over by Chinese company; they are now flexible in giving the Chassis to outside body builders.
Wrong. Volvo was not taken over by any Chinese company. Only Volvo Cars was sold, Volvo buses & trucks are still owned by an European management, based in Sweden. Volvo gives out chassis to body builders world-over. Even now, Volvo doesn't simply sell chassis you anybody. The chassis is given out only to PBC or MG for body works - the body design for both companies were developed in association with Volvo.

I guess Permit is different for 47 and 51 seaters.
The permit is the same. But the permit is given for specific bus numbers. So, the permit is issued for the Scania is valid only for the Scania. They can send a spare bus when the bus for which the permit was issued is having issues. And the spare bus needs to have a 'spare' permit.