Volvo B9R

Haldex

Is there any afternoon bus service for Kanhangard to Bangalore route??? Is the Karnataka KSRTC evening Airavat are new buses or old ones??? Whats the seat number near emergency exit (Will it have extra legroom similar to Scania) ???

Karnataka CM flagged volvo bus service to shikaripur.. his hometown... I guess it is B8R. But that bus is not yet listed in the website for reservation. Any idea when this service will start??

Srihari

Karnataka CM flagged volvo bus service to shikaripIt is already listed ur.. his hometown... I guess it is B8R. But that bus is not yet listed in the website for reservation. Any idea when this service will start??
It is already listed and in operation,it goes to Soraba after shikaripura.The bus is B11R 14.5M one.

deepam

Super User
[The permit is the same. But the permit is given for specific bus numbers. So, the permit is issued for the Scania is valid only for the Scania. They can send a spare bus when the bus for which the permit was issued is having issues. And the spare bus needs to have a 'spare' permit.
[/QUOTE]
+++++++++++++++++++
So when Registration number is indicated in the permit, so are the seats locked?
It is only that between states they are not stringent. RTC can change and send Spare buses during breakdown.
Only when new buses are deployed, a declaration will be provided citing these are replacing old buses per the route agreement.

MSRTC is putting enforcement to comply to rules as they're frustrated with KSRTC offering competitive rates at par with Private bus and MSRTC buses are having higher fares are undergoing losses.

Due to MSRTC, KSRTC is not able to launch Bangalore - Ahmedabad service as they are not giving the requested concession.

deepam

Super User
The B11R chassis comes out in 3 forms that I know of (any more ?)
- semi sleeper
- sleeper 'celeste'
- sleeper MG starz

Which of these three has the best NVH insulation ?
Is there any difference in ride-quality across these three ?
++++++++++++++++
NVH I do not think there is a difference,
I traveled in both Celeste and Semisleeper, NVH I could not find noticeable difference.
Body weight - Semisleeper, Starz and Celeste in ascending order.

Due to weight Celeste have upper hand, I do not know. Crew of Mangalore to Hyderabad, route with maximum number of speed breakers indicated that Celeste is comfortable to drive than B11R Semisleeper [could be due to Steerable Tag Axle].