Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
I will be in Pune (staying at Hadapsar) during 3rd Week of Jan 2020 and will be free on 26/01/2020 (Sunday). Is it advisable to visit Shirdi on that Day (National Holiday)? My plan to leave morning and reach back to Pune. Any bus is Okay for me. Please suggest.
+++++++++++++++++
Book darshan ticket online.
Only for Darshan it will take 4-6 hours. Return you can get plenty of buses, However in the evening buses will be long distance running buses, if reservation is full then it is a challenge.
The last bus for Pune from Shirdi is 10 PM that is NWKRTC 2130KPGHBL [departs at 22:00 hours and reaches Pune at 2:15-2:30 AM].
Post that you need to wait for night service buses.

deepam

Super User
It is already listed and in operation,it goes to Soraba after shikaripura.The bus is B11R 14.5M one.

Thanks to Yeddi for getting Highend buses.

binaiks

Thanks binaiks!!! How much time required to complete Darshan if I book online? This will help to plan my return journey.. Sorry will come with few more questions once I got in to online booking....
It takes about an hour, or maximum an hour-and-a-half to finish darshan if you have a reservation. I visit Shirdi annually, the longest time I spent in queue was one hour - that was a long weekend, which caused more crowd. Please don't book a return ticket - it is not difficult to get one. Once you finish Darshan, head straight to the MSRTC bus station, and reserve a ticket for the next Shivshahi.

After u land in Shirdi it will take Min of 4- 6 hrs to complete darshan and get back to bus station please read review of dozerbull few pages back. He has arrived Shirdi at 830 had freshup darshan and back to bus at 1500.
Please don't spread wrong information. Dozerbull did not visit with a reservation. He used the free queue. The reservation takes care of quick darshan, and it doesn't normally take more than 1.5hrs in any case.

Is there any afternoon bus service for Kanhangard to Bangalore route??? Is the Karnataka KSRTC evening Airavat are new buses or old ones??? Whats the seat number near emergency exit (Will it have extra legroom similar to Scania) ???
There is no afternoon bus. The KSRTC Airavat is a new bus - a new Volvo B8R. I am not sure if they have free space around the emergency exit - even if its there, the emergency exit is next to the last row - so you would have to book a last row seat to get 'extra' leg space.

So when Registration number is indicated in the permit, so are the seats locked?
It is only that between states they are not stringent. RTC can change and send Spare buses during breakdown.
Only when new buses are deployed, a declaration will be provided citing these are replacing old buses per the route agreement.
Wrong. Interstate agreements always have the option of sending spare buses during breakdown. That is part of the agreement. When a new bus is deployed, its not a declaration, but an endorsement. The mother state STA issues an endorsement citing the replacement, which is then countersigned by the other STAs concerned.

Luv2Travel

It takes about an hour, or maximum an hour-and-a-half to finish darshan if you have a reservation. I visit Shirdi annually, the longest time I spent in queue was one hour - that was a long weekend, which caused more crowd. Please don't book a return ticket - it is not difficult to get one. Once you finish Darshan, head straight to the MSRTC bus station, and reserve a ticket for the next Shivshahi.
Thanks again Binaiks. I am planning to book online Darshan at 1.00 PM. Onward journey I am planning to take 6.30 AM Neeta Tours & Travels or 6.30 AM Shivshahi. Hope I can reach Shirdi before 1.00 pm. For return journey I will try to catch 3.00 PM Neeta Tours & Travels or Shivshahi at 4.00 PM.

Since I am new to this place not aware of Boarding Point in Pune. I will stay in Hadapsar. Need members help to select Boarding Point near to Hadapsar or advise to reach Hadapsar in night. Thanks in advance/