Volvo B9R

coriollis

I would personally suggest departing earlier - maybe the 0540 Shivshahi from Shivajinagar. You can enter the queue earlier if you reach early. If you have a confusion with the boarding points, I would simply suggest taking cab (ola/uber) to shivajinagar (I think buses depart from Wakdewadi temporary bus station now) and board the bus from the starting point itself - its much better than having to search your boarding point midway.

I would suggest sticking to MSRTC than any of the private operators - MSRTC is known to stick to timings and will not waste time en route scouting for more passengers.
Hi Binai,

The Wakdewadi bus station is the new Shivaji nagar bus station. It is not a temporary arrangement. The new bus station in Wakdewadi is fully functional now, with auto's and PMPML buses having a dedicated stop at the place.
Cheers,
AB

binaiks

Hi Binai,

The Wakdewadi bus station is the new Shivaji nagar bus station. It is not a temporary arrangement. The new bus station in Wakdewadi is fully functional now, with auto's and PMPML buses having a dedicated stop at the place.
Cheers,
AB
Newspaper reports seem to suggest its a temporary facility till metro work is completed. If its bigger and better than the existing shivajinagar facility, then thats always welcome.

This is what Hindustan Times says
According to officials, the Shivajinagar terminus will remain closed for the next three years as metro rail terminus is being constructed under the state transport depot, crucial for buses going towards Aurangabad and Ahmednagar.
Approximately 1,400 buses ply every day from the earlier Shivajinagar, now Wakdewadi bus terminus. Once the metro station is ready, MSRTC will shift back its terminus to Shivajinagar.

coriollis

i
Newspaper reports seem to suggest its a temporary facility till metro work is completed. If its bigger and better than the existing shivajinagar facility, then thats always welcome.

Oh my bad... Our local news paper ' Sakal ' only talked about shifting of the bus station.

Cheers,
AB

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
I will be in Pune (staying at Hadapsar) during 3rd Week of Jan 2020 and will be free on 26/01/2020 (Sunday). Is it advisable to visit Shirdi on that Day (National Holiday)? My plan to leave morning and reach back to Pune. Any bus is Okay for me. Please suggest.
Thanks again Binaiks. I am planning to book online Darshan at 1.00 PM. Onward journey I am planning to take 6.30 AM Neeta Tours & Travels or 6.30 AM Shivshahi. Hope I can reach Shirdi before 1.00 pm. For return journey I will try to catch 3.00 PM Neeta Tours & Travels or Shivshahi at 4.00 PM.

Since I am new to this place not aware of Boarding Point in Pune. I will stay in Hadapsar. Need members help to select Boarding Point near to Hadapsar or advise to reach Hadapsar in night. Thanks in advance/
Hello

The 6:30 a.m NEETA ( then Merc or Volvo, not sure what make now ) used to reach Shirdi only by 11:30. I would suggest you to take the 5:40 a.m MSRTC Shivshahi ( Pune--Amalner via Nagar--Shirdi) from Wakdewadi bus station, Pune. Presently, some part of Nagar--Shirdi route is in a bad state, thanks to the apathy of officials and politicians concerned with this region.

There is a pick up point for MSRTC at Chandan Nagar junction ( Kharadi bypass towards Hadapsar runs perpendicular to this Nagar road at Chandan Nagar ). If possible, check with this bus stop a day prior to your journey else better board the bus at its origin at Wakdewadi bus station.

Also, book the MSRTC Shivshahi ticket online either through their website or their Android app. E-ticket/SMS is very much accepted by MSRTC.

I travelled with MSRTC AC Shivshahi buses twice on Kolhapur--Pune and Mumbai--Kolhapur routes recently and believe me, the buses and the services are top notch. @deepam the Shivshahi buses should definitely be better than NEETA. Atleast the ones I travelled were spotlessly clean with all the individual charging points being fully functional.

** Off topic-- My bus journeys have nearly become non existent as I mostly drive myself except for the recent 3 that I undertook. I do notice a spike in the number of Bharat Benz buses on NH4 between Belgaum and Pune/Mumbai. I come across a lot of them whenever I drive my VW Polo. Konduskar has bought a whole new fleet of Bharat Benz buses. SRS has totally overtaken VRL in terms of operating highest number of premium buses on NH4 Bangalore--Pune/Mumbai route. MG Alma Belgaum seems to be leading in the bus body building market. Whenever I am in Belgaum I spot atleast two brand new Volvo multiaxle Sleeper ( Starz ), a couple of Bharat Benz Gliderz belonging to various operators, and quite a lot of factory fresh MSRTC Shivshahis.

However the most important development of late in the bus world to me, was the fleet upgradation by MSRTC, Maharashtra. MSRTC has moved from its "lal-dabba rattling buses' identity. The new MSRTC regular Non-AC 2+2 buses ( " Vithai" service, Mild steel built, counterpart of KSRTC Sarige ) are mindblowingly awesome. The interiors are very much like a luxury bus except that seats do not recline. However the comfort level is awesome with foldable handrests, better seats, better windows, less rattles and what not. I ditched a Volvo/Scania multiaxle just to experience this Vithai service by MSRTC on the Mumbai--Belgaum route. The entire 500 km journey was really comfortable for that category of service, way better than KSRTC 3+2 Sarige express.

So, if you happen to hop on to one of these regular Non-AC MSRTC Vithai buses from Shirdi to Pune on your return , do try it without any apprehension. They are nice, quick and very reasonable !!! However, let your first preference be Shivshahi as they are AC buses.