Volvo B9R

Srihari

Single Lady Quota
While booking seats with Single lady quota (option), following conditions apply.
  • Dynamic lady seat allocation is applicable for all service classes excluding Karnataka Sarige and BMTC Volvo services.
  • If Single lady option is selected during booking, adjacent seat will be allowed for lady passengers only. If this option is not selected, adjacent seat can be booked by both male and female passengers.
  • Single sleeper berths are also available in AC Sleeper and Non-AC Sleeper services.
  • Lady seat quota is not applicable for Karnataka Sarige and BMTC Volvo services..

Rvd_rider

SETC ASS Review 180( Chennai to tirunelveli) 06-02-2020

sudden plan to go my native so didnt book any bus its thursday so i have hell lot of options. I went to perungulathur and waited for OMNI buses. first TMR Sleeper cum seater came then selvam and one by one jothi suddenly some flash lights ASS Tirunelveli TNV depot. i saw the driver is known face so thought of try. This driver i know him from 2005 ( known for good speed and another one is new face) no second thought got into bus and got a upper berth. was sitting with cabin and started old days chatting. he too identified and replied. i asked bus is speed locked he just smiled. i understood no speed lock. bus started 6.45 and literaly flying before urapakkam he overtook Jothi travels and tuty bound travels. we crossed chengulpet toll and 198 nager coil bus gave company(that one was stickering Nagercoil ooty)man he too gave tough competition finally we overtook him and literally flying . reached vikravandi toll and he stopped for dinner in road side motel. then second driver took he too drove good speed NEEVEE volvo over took us then kerala lines multi too. second driver drove 85 to 90 only. bus reached samyapuram toll then stopped for bio break. here second driver got in bus went inside trichy and pick couple of more passngers. we reached 3.50am Madurai. bus started from mattuthavani bus stand after 4.20am. second driver good speed i got dropped 6.30am in nellai bus stand. some unnecessary stops(PGL started 6.50pm - dropped 6.30.am) over all speedy journey(SETC standards).if we are not entering trichy and madurai will reach well before. Trichy we wasted more than hour.

deepam

Super User
I saw photos of Shyamoli Paribahan new Volvo Sleeper built by Veera in Facebook.
Exteriors - retained mostly Volvo look.
The Interiors, atleast photos appeared to me to be better than Ambari Dream Class Celeste!

Syamoli Paribaban Volvo B11R iShift Sleeper By Veera Coaches on Test Run

So as far as Interiors is concerned, my rankings:
  1. MG Starz
  2. Veera Volvo B11R Sleeper [Not sure, what name has been given to this].
  3. Prakash Celeste

Last edited:

binaiks

Exteriors - retained mostly Volvo look.
It is not "built" by Veera, per se. Volvo delivered a modified shell to Veera, on which Veera built the interiors alone. So the entire exteriors were built by Volvo only. This was a limited edition shell, designed specifically for use as sleeper - the roof is higher and the entire bus is longer than the usual B11R (14.95 vs 14.5).

This doesn't belong to the league of MG StarZ or Prakash Celeste - both these buses are actually built from scratch by the body builders, while the Veera one is purely a conversion.

HRSH

SETC ASS Review 180( Chennai to tirunelveli) 06-02-2020

sudden plan to go my native so didnt book any bus its thursday so i have hell lot of options. I went to perungulathur and waited for OMNI buses. first TMR Sleeper cum seater came then selvam and one by one jothi suddenly some flash lights ASS Tirunelveli TNV depot. i saw the driver is known face so thought of try. This driver i know him from 2005 ( known for good speed and another one is new face) no second thought got into bus and got a upper berth. was sitting with cabin and started old days chatting. he too identified and replied. i asked bus is speed locked he just smiled. i understood no speed lock. bus started 6.45 and literaly flying before urapakkam he overtook Jothi travels and tuty bound travels. we crossed chengulpet toll and 198 nager coil bus gave company(that one was stickering Nagercoil ooty)man he too gave tough competition finally we overtook him and literally flying . reached vikravandi toll and he stopped for dinner in road side motel. then second driver took he too drove good speed NEEVEE volvo over took us then kerala lines multi too. second driver drove 85 to 90 only. bus reached samyapuram toll then stopped for bio break. here second driver got in bus went inside trichy and pick couple of more passngers. we reached 3.50am Madurai. bus started from mattuthavani bus stand after 4.20am. second driver good speed i got dropped 6.30am in nellai bus stand. some unnecessary stops(PGL started 6.50pm - dropped 6.30.am) over all speedy journey(SETC standards).if we are not entering trichy and madurai will reach well before. Trichy we wasted more than hour.
Agreed, they should avoid time wastage at stops enroute for premium services.

HRSH

It is not "built" by Veera, per se. Volvo delivered a modified shell to Veera, on which Veera built the interiors alone. So the entire exteriors were built by Volvo only. This was a limited edition shell, designed specifically for use as sleeper - the roof is higher and the entire bus is longer than the usual B11R (14.95 vs 14.5).

This doesn't belong to the league of MG StarZ or Prakash Celeste - both these buses are actually built from scratch by the body builders, while the Veera one is purely a conversion.
Reminds me of these multiaxle volvo sleepers which Rathimeena has deployed down south, as they too were offered as shells and interior was done by Prakash. Even KPN had 1 or 2 of these if I am not wrong!

dozerbull

It Seems Kallada has shrinked its Services. Just casually browsing Kallada website found most of the Volvo Multiaxles were gone. Even it seems they are not using all the Scanias regularly. In redbus the Chennai-Kerala services has poor ratings. Did they become the 'SRM' of Kerala?

binaiks

It Seems Kallada has shrinked its Services. Just casually browsing Kallada website found most of the Volvo Multiaxles were gone. Even it seems they are not using all the Scanias regularly. In redbus the Chennai-Kerala services has poor ratings. Did they become the 'SRM' of Kerala?
Almost all the old players are on their way out. Kallada has shrunk. KPN has cut down on multi-axles. VRL hasn't purchased new buses in a few years. SRS hasn't taken new buses since quite some time now. SRM is half dead. And so on!