Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
The problem with major operators is as they are getting tougher competition by Railways & Airways lot of small Aircrafts towards south spl Bangalore eg.three flights from Belgaum.
Now trains also getting upgraded so it’s getting tougher.
Naturally Surface transport gets affected & again it’s a very competitive & volatile business.
Same time no of commuters also increased substantially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
++++++++++++++++++
@uturn

Belgaum may be an exception. One of the reason is Bus fares on weekedays cannot be increased, however the operation cost is too high.
earlier KSRTC on Mangalore - Hyderabad for ACC they used to keep bus fares as high as INR 1750. The seat occupancy was on lower side and at times the services were cancelled on weekdays.
Now, Mangalore - hyderabad ACC has been replaced by Ambaari Dream Class with fares of INR 1400, bus is going full on all days. VRL is charging from INR 1400 to 2500 in this route.

The operation cost should be brought down and support is needed from Government. Then only one can sustain.

Last edited:

dozerbull

This is my first bus journey after almost 5-6 years since i moved to US.

I Searched for tickets from tirupati to bangalore in redbus (departing around 3-5 pm).
I didnot find any private operator and when i searched for APSRTC unfortunately i didnt see any volvo multi axle service during my preferred time.
APSRTC is not using the Potential on this route. I've used the Tirupathi-Bangalore (Chittoor-Bangalore actually) Indra services. That Service is getting 90-100 % Occupancy. But APSRTC is not interested in AC Services in this route. KSRTC is taking advantage of that wisely.

dozerbull

Is Kallada G4 still operational?
Out of curiosity, how is Parveen faring ?
What about the other biggies like Rathimeena, TAT, Universal and so on?
1. Rathimeena is Shrewd~They are operating 10 Services in the route they are pioneered. They are not interested in exploring new Services
2. TAT is Smart~ They are correctly going with the Market Demand and adding services based on it and they are Successful. TAT is getting good ratings in redbus
2. No idea about Universal

HRSH

This is my first bus journey after almost 5-6 years since i moved to US.
I made 2 trips (1 from tirupati - bangalore ksrtc) and one from bangalore to hyderabad.
This is my review on first trip.

Travel : Tirupati to Bangalore
Operator : KSRTC
Booking class : Airavat Club class
Dept Date : 12 Feb 2020
Scheduled Dep Time : 16:40
Actual : 16:35
Scheduled Arrival Time : 21:35
Actual : 22:00 (Tin Factory)

I had to visit my cousins and since i had a trip to tirupati i decided to go from tirupati to Bangalore in a Bus and then return back to Hyderabad.
I Searched for tickets from tirupati to bangalore in redbus (departing around 3-5 pm).
I didnot find any private operator and when i searched for APSRTC unfortunately i didnt see any volvo multi axle service during my preferred time. I decided to try KSRTC and booked 16:40 Dep bus which said "Club Class"(after lot of confusion whether to book 16:15 VS 16:40 Bus)
I arrived at bus stand by 16:10 and i actually wanted to see how the 16:15 and 16:40 bus looks(old or new).
At the bus stand there was a Diamond class(scania) bus with board to Bangalore (i felt it is 16:15 bus and also thought why did KSRTC replace 16:15 club class with diamond class). After 10 minutes i still see this bus is not departing and my friend(who booked this ticket) forwarded me the bus details which said F1561( full registration details are not sent in SMS). To my surprise its the same scania which is already on the platform.
I showed my ticket to conductor and boarded the bus (i was booked on seat no.16) and when i boarded it someone is sitting in my seat already , i showed him my ticket and said he was occupying my seat but he replied me saying that they clubbed 16:15 and 16:40 bus and conductor asked him to sit in seat no .16.
I went to the conductor and asked him where should i sit and he told me to sit in Seat no.10
Bus started by 16:35 - 5 min ahead of schedule of my bus and by the way bus moved it felt the bus was maintained very bad . There are lot of rattling sounds and also suspension seemed very bad.
Since im tired due to my trip in tirupati i dozed off and woke up only when the bus was stopped for dinner (im not sure about the exact place but it should be somewhere near chittor)
we stopped at a place called nandini cafe. After 10 minutes an Orange platinum sleeper (bangalore to vizag volvo) also stopped there for dinner. it looked stunning in red color.
We started after 20 minutes break and i was dropped at tin factory at 10 PM.
Appreciate your eagerness in writing a review after this long a period of time!

HRSH

1. Rathimeena is Shrewd~They are operating 10 Services in the route they are pioneered. They are not interested in exploring new Services
2. TAT is Smart~ They are correctly going with the Market Demand and adding services based on it and they are Successful. TAT is getting good ratings in redbus
2. No idea about Universal
Thanks Dozerbull.
I feel Parveen too is in the same league as Rathimeena.

Srihari

Srihari,
Please check you have posted same image thrice [Check 781235 is thrice above]Look.
I request you to kindly edit your post and remove 2 redundant images.
looks like there is a problem wjen posting images, if you see see past few posts each image i post gets triplicated.i am also surprised.Any possible solution or workaround ?

deepam

Super User
looks like there is a problem wjen posting images, if you see see past few posts each image i post gets triplicated.i am also surprised.Any possible solution or workaround ?
++++++++++++
I am not sure you are doing from Desktop, Laptop or Mobile.
you may be clicking twice or thrice for upload.
you can edit by removing duplicates pics.

+++++++++++++
Not on regular schedule.

MG Starz is on:
  1. Bangalore - Mantralaya - Raichur
  2. Bangalore - Shirdi
  3. Bangalore - Mumbai
  4. I guess Bangalore - Chennai.
I saw V kaveri bus has a yellow color volvo MG starz sleeper. which route are they opearting on?

Im travelling this thursday but need to decide between kaveri and Morning star. hoping kaveri has starz or celestia volvo