Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
Are you sure its converted by Prakash? It doesn't look like a Prakash work. I think this was by Nandi Coach Works, Bangalore.
++++++++
I asked crew who the builder is?
Just to wade me off the crew would have told me Prakash. You may be right.

Hi,
Sorry for the late post but here is my review on orange travels merc multi sleeper from bangalore to hyderabad

Date : Feb 14, 2020
Travels : Orange travels Mercedes benz multi axle sleeper
Service no : OTT 178
Scheduled Dep Time : 10:15PM (hebbal)
Actual Dep time : 10:35 PM
Schd Arr Time : 06:20 AM (miyapur)
Actual arr time : 06:18 AM (miyapur)
Fare : 2100 (actual paid : 1950 through redbus)

i wanted to try a sleeper service from bangalore to hyderabad and also got few suggestions from our blog friends.
I used to be a big fan of orange travels(from the launch) when i was doing bus travelling during 2013-14 so wanted to try their service now ( they have grown bigger now)
There are many sleeper services by orange from bangalore to hyd, since im a big fan of multi axle buses i wanted to try volvo multiaxle sleeper.
There is 1 Volvo sleeper and couple of volvo multiaxle platinum sleepers(not directly from bang but from CMB and other places) and one merc multi sleeper.
I dont want to book any bus coming from CMB or madurai as i somehow feel they wont be ontime at pickup point and also one more factor is that i want my drop point as miyapur and none of the platinum sleepers have miyapur as drop point.
I finally booked Mercedes multi axle sleeper (somehow i thought orange has merc mg starz sleepr and also it has 4.2 rating on redbus vs other volvo multi sleeper which has only ~3.5 rating).

On my day of travel i got a message about bus tracking and bus details as KA01AB3952. By looking at the registration details im bit disappointed as i knew it was the first set of merc bus that orange has bought back in 2012/13 and felt the bus can be in a very bad condition.
I actually had nagawara as pickup point but somehow due to my confusion on exact boarding point i decided to board at hebbal opp. esteem mall.
I arrived at hebbal by 10PM and waited there for my bus and happened to see TSRTC garuda plus buses and KSRTC dream class buses.
My bus arrived at 10:30 PM(15 min late to schd dep) and the attender took my bag and gave me a tag for the luggage.
I boarded my bus and took my seat L4. First impression of the berth is okay. The blanket was packed and looked fresh , curtains and bed sheets were also good, a bottle was placed in my berth and AC is top notch.
There is no TV and the berth is normal one with no head rest. (it is not as par with other berths what i found in the blog).
Bus started from hebbal and the condition looked excellent with good suspension. Bus stopped after 15-20 min at a petrol bunk and Attender called for restroom break.
I took some pictures of the bus and was suprised orange mainted it well despite its age.
Bus started after 15 minutes and with the help of my Waze app checked the bus speed being maintained at 60 miles per hr , driving is smooth no jerks and even at high speeds i felt very comfortable in my berth. Highest speed noted was 70 miles per hour.
I slept off after that and only wokeup when attender was shouting for Gachibowli.
I was dropped at miyapur metro station by 06:18 AM (2 min ahead of schedule)
Even though bus didnt look attractive or new ,berth being normal stuff still i was impressed with the journey and punctuality.

My rating : 4/5

4a246745-ed82-4468-9623-3b0119b2eabf.jpeg
42bb99ee-2b17-4124-8d18-af6c94ec4735.jpeg

deepak.yerr

++++++++++++++++
These APSRTC Dolphin Cruize will have 60 seats? Cramped seating space with limited reclines!
Instead they would have gone for Sleeper / Seater combination!
They are just assumptions and these writers dont know any seat config right now. They will be 53 seats in 14.5m Volvo Multiaxle. The fare are very high and charged at Rs 2.1 per km and add reservation fee rs 25 toll free rs 7 per toll gate and access fee and GST As a result they have withdrawn Vizag Bangalore and converted Vizag Chennai into Leyland Indra AC. Vsp depot buses are giving discount of 20% now charging rs 1.7 perkm for the first 70% occupancy then increasing to normal fare on the day journey. Rest depot charge as per normal fares.

deepam

Super User
Hi,
Sorry for the late post but here is my review on orange travels merc multi sleeper from bangalore to hyderabad

Date : Feb 14, 2020
Travels : Orange travels Mercedes benz multi axle sleeper
Service no : OTT 178
Scheduled Dep Time : 10:15PM (hebbal)
Actual Dep time : 10:35 PM
Schd Arr Time : 06:20 AM (miyapur)
Actual arr time : 06:18 AM (miyapur)
Fare : 2100 (actual paid : 1950 through redbus)

i wanted to try a sleeper service from bangalore to hyderabad and also got few suggestions from our blog friends.
I used to be a big fan of orange travels(from the launch) when i was doing bus travelling during 2013-14 so wanted to try their service now ( they have grown bigger now)
There are many sleeper services by orange from bangalore to hyd, since im a big fan of multi axle buses i wanted to try volvo multiaxle sleeper.
There is 1 Volvo sleeper and couple of volvo multiaxle platinum sleepers(not directly from bang but from CMB and other places) and one merc multi sleeper.
I dont want to book any bus coming from CMB or madurai as i somehow feel they wont be ontime at pickup point and also one more factor is that i want my drop point as miyapur and none of the platinum sleepers have miyapur as drop point.
I finally booked Mercedes multi axle sleeper (somehow i thought orange has merc mg starz sleepr and also it has 4.2 rating on redbus vs other volvo multi sleeper which has only ~3.5 rating).

On my day of travel i got a message about bus tracking and bus details as KA01AB3952. By looking at the registration details im bit disappointed as i knew it was the first set of merc bus that orange has bought back in 2012/13 and felt the bus can be in a very bad condition.
I actually had nagawara as pickup point but somehow due to my confusion on exact boarding point i decided to board at hebbal opp. esteem mall.
I arrived at hebbal by 10PM and waited there for my bus and happened to see TSRTC garuda plus buses and KSRTC dream class buses.
My bus arrived at 10:30 PM(15 min late to schd dep) and the attender took my bag and gave me a tag for the luggage.
I boarded my bus and took my seat L4. First impression of the berth is okay. The blanket was packed and looked fresh , curtains and bed sheets were also good, a bottle was placed in my berth and AC is top notch.
There is no TV and the berth is normal one with no head rest. (it is not as par with other berths what i found in the blog).
Bus started from hebbal and the condition looked excellent with good suspension. Bus stopped after 15-20 min at a petrol bunk and Attender called for restroom break.
I took some pictures of the bus and was suprised orange mainted it well despite its age.
Bus started after 15 minutes and with the help of my Waze app checked the bus speed being maintained at 60 miles per hr , driving is smooth no jerks and even at high speeds i felt very comfortable in my berth. Highest speed noted was 70 miles per hour.
I slept off after that and only wokeup when attender was shouting for Gachibowli.
I was dropped at miyapur metro station by 06:18 AM (2 min ahead of schedule)
Even though bus didnt look attractive or new ,berth being normal stuff still i was impressed with the journey and punctuality.

My rating : 4/5

View attachment 781684View attachment 781685
++++++++++++++++++++
I traveled in OTT - Hyderabad to Mysore Volvo MAV Sleeper, recently the bus had done 17 lakh km. AC, Suspension all was good.
OTT is getting the service done at Volvo Authorized Service Center [SriHarsha Automobiles, Miyapur].

I am not sure who is doing the service of MB MAV OTT you traveled in. Looks Mint Fresh as the body conversion to Sleeper was done recently [not more than 6 months].
Yes this is the first set of buses bought by OTT and was deployed on Hyderabad - Bangalore route.
This seems to be the same Petrol bunk on the right hand side of the NH7 / 44 towards Hyderabad, where the bus I traveled had stopped for fueling.
I am puzzled why the bus filled fuel while returning. Maybe to provide a bio-break.

Last edited: