Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
Dheeraj Tours and Travels, Hyderabad has launched Hyderabad to Mangalore Service; 36 berth Volvo B9R Sleeper service.
This seems to old Kaveri B9R converted to sleeper.
Dheeraj has buses plying on route:
  • Hyderabad - Goa
  • Hyderabad - Vizag
  • Hyderabad - Pune [MAV-Sleeper]

With this route dominated by Volvo Sleeper, OTT has become least preferred operator as it is still plying Ashok Leyland Sleeper.

Last edited:

deepak.yerr

Dheeraj Tours and Travels, Hyderabad has launched Hyderabad to Mangalore Service; 36 berth Volvo B9R Sleeper service.
This seems to old Kaveri B9R converted to sleeper.
Dheeraj has buses plying on route:
  • Hyderabad - Goa
  • Hyderabad - Vizag
  • Hyderabad - Pune [MAV-Sleeper]

With this route dominated by Volvo Sleeper, OTT has become least preferred operator as it is still plying Ashok Leyland Sleeper.
They have started with Hyderabad Vizag then shifted to Mysore. Its being listed to Vizag but dont think playing as its fare is showing very high every day.

sunupvk

What happened to Evacay travels?

Recently saw Evacay travels B11R in Sriram Automal Auction KollamView attachment 781633

Sent from my JSN-L42 using Tapatalk
I happened to see an Youtube video of this auction held at Shreeram Automall, Kollam. They called out 75 lakhs each for the two Oct 2018 manufactured B11R. No one made any call. Then they made a reduced call of 60 lakhs each, but still no one responded. Finally they revealed they have a confirmed quotation of 48 lakhs each for the two buses and if anyone is interested to bid more, they can contact their office.

This is my final trip from bangalore to hyderabad again.
I was travelling freqeuntly between bangalore to hyd due to my office work and since this is my last trip i wanted to try volvo sleeper preferably MG STARZ.
I have searched alot for opearators who operate MG starx between hyderabad and bangalore and found Swamy ayyapa and KPN are using them but since they are from CMB i didnot want to book them.
I finally booked Morning star travels Volvo multi axle sleeper (after lot of confusion between Vkaveri and MST)

Date : Feb 20 2020
Travels : MST
Bus : Volvo multi axle sleeper
Scheduled Dep time : 09:00 PM (hebbal)
Actual Dep Time : 09:40 PM
Schd Arr time : 06:25 AM miyapur
Actual Arr time : 06:45 AM
Fare : 1965rs (booked through Amazon)

There is only one Service by MST which has volvo so booked it even though it starts at 9PM(Im aware that it stops for dinner). I got a message on the day of travel about my Bus details and tracking(AP 07TT 4444)
I reached my pickup point by 09:10 PM (tracking showed it wont reach before 09:20 PM to hebbal) and spotted few buses which include MG starz sleeper KSRTC to hyderabad, Orange AL sleeper buses and Srikrishna sleeper Bus. A MST volvo multi slpeer has arrived at 09:20 PM (this is second service added by MST on that day) which is supposed to come by 9AM(same as my bus) it looked good on outside . Reg --> AP02TE5751. my bus arrived at 09:30 PM and i boarded my bus.Attendant didnot give me any bag tag but wrote my seat number with chalk. First impression of my berth : it looked okay with a tv in every berth(which is not turned on). curtains/bed sheet are red in color and didnot look as good as OTT. The bedsheet is bad which is thin.
My bus started at 09:40 PM after driver sold one of the last seat to a passenger for 2000 rs. There is some odd sound coming from the suspension/tire which im not sure but its sure bus suspension is not that great and you somehow feel the odd sound. Bus cruised around 55miles per hour and it stopped for dinner after andhra border around 11:15 PM . THe old MST volvo sleeper was already present there and also spotted srikrishna sleeper. I had a meal there and took some pictures of my bus and the other MST bus and we started around 11:40PM.
I was finally dropped at miyapur by 06:45 AM.
My rating : 3/5 (would definitely recommend Orange than this)

My bus :

1582846512491.png

1582846536254.png

Other MST Bus:

1582846561489.png

deepam

Super User
This is my final trip from bangalore to hyderabad again.
I was travelling freqeuntly between bangalore to hyd due to my office work and since this is my last trip i wanted to try volvo sleeper preferably MG STARZ.
I have searched alot for opearators who operate MG starx between hyderabad and bangalore and found Swamy ayyapa and KPN are using them but since they are from CMB i didnot want to book them.
I finally booked Morning star travels Volvo multi axle sleeper (after lot of confusion between Vkaveri and MST)

Date : Feb 20 2020
Travels : MST
Bus : Volvo multi axle sleeper
Scheduled Dep time : 09:00 PM (hebbal)
Actual Dep Time : 09:40 PM
Schd Arr time : 06:25 AM miyapur
Actual Arr time : 06:45 AM
Fare : 1965rs (booked through Amazon)

There is only one Service by MST which has volvo so booked it even though it starts at 9PM(Im aware that it stops for dinner). I got a message on the day of travel about my Bus details and tracking(AP 07TT 4444)
I reached my pickup point by 09:10 PM (tracking showed it wont reach before 09:20 PM to hebbal) and spotted few buses which include MG starz sleeper KSRTC to hyderabad, Orange AL sleeper buses and Srikrishna sleeper Bus. A MST volvo multi slpeer has arrived at 09:20 PM (this is second service added by MST on that day) which is supposed to come by 9AM(same as my bus) it looked good on outside . Reg --> AP02TE5751. my bus arrived at 09:30 PM and i boarded my bus.Attendant didnot give me any bag tag but wrote my seat number with chalk. First impression of my berth : it looked okay with a tv in every berth(which is not turned on). curtains/bed sheet are red in color and didnot look as good as OTT. The bedsheet is bad which is thin.
My bus started at 09:40 PM after driver sold one of the last seat to a passenger for 2000 rs. There is some odd sound coming from the suspension/tire which im not sure but its sure bus suspension is not that great and you somehow feel the odd sound. Bus cruised around 55miles per hour and it stopped for dinner after andhra border around 11:15 PM . THe old MST volvo sleeper was already present there and also spotted srikrishna sleeper. I had a meal there and took some pictures of my bus and the other MST bus and we started around 11:40PM.
I was finally dropped at miyapur by 06:45 AM.
My rating : 3/5 (would definitely recommend Orange than this)

My bus :

View attachment 781708

View attachment 781709

Other MST Bus:

View attachment 781710
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Both are B9R Sleepers.
Though sticker of your bus AP07TT4444 says it B11R its Tag axle & fuel tank [Fuel opening] is same as B9R.
AP02TB5751 for me it seems is the first batch of Sleeper buses inducted primarily into Vijayawada - Coimbatore route!

Haldex

+++++++++++++++
So these Dolphin Cruise are 51 or 53 seater.
According to APSRTC, Dolphin Cruise will have 53 seats and two buses will have 49 seats. There is no difference between Amaravati & Dolphin Cruise, it's just the length of the bus is different.