Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
Hello Guys, Need another help for my Shirdi trip. This time I wanted to spend more time at Shirdi. I'm planning to go in KSRTC Ambari from Bangalore for return SRS Nashik-Bangalore Scania.
Few Questions are
1. How reliable is SRS in this route? redbus ratings is very bad for SRS in almost all the Services.
2. I'm doubtful about VRL Volvo Sleeper. The lower berth seems to have zero window visibility, Does the upperberth is sufficient enough to sit? Or my head will hit the ceiling?
3. This time I'm going with Darshan ticket, approx how long will it take for the booked queue to complete Darshan. So that I may repeat the 2200 MumBng Ksrtc
4. I'm also interested in trying National B11r. The last service from Pune is at 11.55 pm from Katrej. How far is Katrej from Shivajinagar? Are there any town buses at that time or should I get a Auto/Uber? Also how reliable is National in this route?
++++++++++++++
I do not see much difference between VRL and SRS Volvo Sleeper w.r,t, visibility. The VRL ones with registration GJ01 or PY05 series and SRS pics can be referred to pics shared in this thread.
VRL: Volvo B9R
SRS: Volvo B9R

The newer once of VRL MH09EM or KA63 series may have better lower berth visibility [Shanthanu blog].
VRL Volvo B9R Multiaxle I-Shift Sleeper posing at VRL Kolhapur.

Pic credits to owner

So it is purely your decision to travel by SRS or VRL.

My recommendation, when there is option to travel by direct bus from Shirdi, why do you want to try cutting your journey. So decide and chose VRL or SRS to travel from Shirdi to Bangalore.

Srihari

1. How reliable is SRS in this route? redbus ratings is very bad for SRS in almost all the Services.

SRS is very reliable on shirdi and mumbai routes
2. I'm doubtful about VRL Volvo Sleeper. The lower berth seems to have zero window visibility, Does the upper berth is sufficient enough to sit? Or my head will hit the ceiling?

Very few vrl b9r volvo have big window in lower berths most have very less visibility on lower berth.Upper berths have good visibility pl prefer the upper berth if going by vrl or srs.Upper berth you may hit ceiling but manageable.I am5ft 10 inch in height.twice went to shirdi from bangalore by vrl sleeper but very difficult to manage the stay in sleeper bus for 18 hours.

3. This time I'm going with Darshan ticket, approx how long will it take for the booked queue to complete Darshan. So that I may repeat the 2200 MumBng Ksrtc

I have visited shirdi from past ten years almost once per year or twice sometimes, it has not take more that 20 mins to complete the darshan for online bookings.

4. I'm also interested in trying National B11r. The last service from Pune is at 11.55 pm from Katrej. How far is Katrej from Shivajinagar? Are there any town buses at that time or should I get a Auto/Uber? Also how reliable is National in this route?

Take town bus from shivajinagar to katrej (route no 2 etc), most times i go to pune from bangalore get down at katrej and go to shivajinagar by route 2.During normal times there are plenty of buses aalmost one after another to katerj.It used to take m 30 mins fromkatrej to shivajinagar (5 am to 7 am time)

deepam

Super User
Scoop news:
I just got to know 2 MG Starz buses have been delivered to Mangalore 2 Depot. I am not sure which route they will be deployed on. It could be Mangalore-Pune or Mangalore-Ernakulam.
Today one of the buses has been given for trial to do Mangalore - Hyderabad trip.

Prince02

Travelled in the Ambaari Dream Class Celeste(KA57F3917) of Bengaluru-2 depot last Thursday(27th Feb) from Bengaluru to Mangaluru.

Bus was full except for one single berth, good load for a weeday. Two people were boarding from Jalahalli cross, rest all were boarding from Kempegowda bus station. I had booked an single upper berth(U23) as only upper berths were available during booking. The interiors were top notch. The bus was extremely well maintained too, did not hear any squeaks or noises during the journey. The berth length was just enough for me and was very comfortable. Bus left Majestic sharply at 10.12PM. I did not sleep till bus hit the highway, wanted to see how the bus performs. The drive was very good. The bus was initially driven slowly around 65-70kmph, every other non ac bus was overtaking us. Slept soon after, it was an uninterrupted sleep till Sakleshpur bus stand, the bus was already stationary at around 2.20AM, bus left in 10 minutes with the second driver at wheels. Did not get sleep for some minutes as felt rollover while the bus was driven in the curves, not that uncomfortable though. Did get another uninterrupted sleep after. I got down a B.C.Road around 4.50AM, I wanted to get down a little earlier but my stop had passed by the time I got down the berth and went near the driver. I struggled to open the door too as I was confused as to which side it opens. The service would have reached Mangaluru bus stand at 5.30AM against the scheduled arrival time of 5AM. I would definitely recommend the service and would love to travel in it again.

Forgot to take pics of the bus during the journey :(

Prince02

Scoop news:
I just got to know 2 MG Starz buses have been delivered to Mangalore 2 Depot. I am not sure which route they will be deployed on. It could be Mangalore-Pune or Mangalore-Ernakulam.
Today one of the buses has been given for trial to do Mangalore - Hyderabad trip.
I am guessing they will deploy them on Mangalore - Chennai route.

I am monitoring the Mangalore-Hyderabad service(KA57F3934/3935) timings for the past few days. The service seems to have improved timings and consistently reaching Hyderabad bus stand around 8.30AM - 9AM.

deepam

Super User
KA57F3934 has gone for Body repair [frontal impact to bus near Kundapura Depot] to Bangalore.
So on Mangalore and Hyderabad till the Body repair happens new MG Starz bus KA57F4291 or KA57F4292 is going to ply.

deepam

Super User
I am guessing they will deploy them on Mangalore - Chennai route.

I am monitoring the Mangalore-Hyderabad service(KA57F3934/3935) timings for the past few days. The service seems to have improved timings and consistently reaching Hyderabad bus stand around 8.30AM - 9AM.
+++++++++++++
The bus fares have been kept competitive for service Mangalore to Hyderabad[INR 1392]; cheaper than Bangalore to Hyderabad [INR 1423]. So the bus is going almost full. Also close monitoring from Depot is happening of the bus movement.
At last KSRTC MNG 2 Depot has changed. The worst period for this route [Mangalore to Hyderabad] was in 2017-18; with frequent service cancellations due to low occupancy and high fares. 2019 onwards fares were kept competitive and service seems to improve.
After 1.5-2 years when the 4 laning work between Koppala-Hubballi and Ankola-Kundapura is complete the bus running time will be faster by an hour.

Rvd_rider

Tirunelveli to Chennai Raahath B11R Sleeper.

yesterday night booked TNV to chennai Raahath B11R. was waited near apple tree hotel saw plenty of travels including parveen go green. it started 11.30pm another raahath Dreamz sleeper came left in few mints. my bus arrived 12.05am and it started 12.25. two young guys in wheel. didnt feel any jerk or good speed slept nicely didnt see any overtake.bus stopper bio break around 4am before ulunderpet. i got down and shocked the timing. it is 4am. he covered 70% distance. i got dropped 6.50am in urapakkam. never travelled in any bus like this.still thinking how it is possible. they chnarged 800 per berth.BUS NO : KL63G2415