Volvo B9R

nagaraj15

CN- Chennai
Tirunelveli to Chennai Raahath B11R Sleeper.

yesterday night booked TNV to chennai Raahath B11R. was waited near apple tree hotel saw plenty of travels including parveen go green. it started 11.30pm another raahath Dreamz sleeper came left in few mints. my bus arrived 12.05am and it started 12.25. two young guys in wheel. didnt feel any jerk or good speed slept nicely didnt see any overtake.bus stopper bio break around 4am before ulunderpet. i got down and shocked the timing. it is 4am. he covered 70% distance. i got dropped 6.50am in urapakkam. never travelled in any bus like this.still thinking how it is possible. they chnarged 800 per berth.BUS NO : KL63G2415
6hrs 20 minutes for 550km journey , average itself 88kmph, but you have mentioned no good speed. No speed lock?

dozerbull

++++++++++++++
I do not see much difference between VRL and SRS Volvo Sleeper w.r,t, visibility. The VRL ones with registration GJ01 or PY05 series and SRS pics can be referred to pics shared in this thread.
I am planning to try SRS Scania not Volvo Sleeper. Yes, I'm scared to try SRS especially Sleepers after seeing the reviews.

HRSH

Tirunelveli to Chennai Raahath B11R Sleeper.

yesterday night booked TNV to chennai Raahath B11R. was waited near apple tree hotel saw plenty of travels including parveen go green. it started 11.30pm another raahath Dreamz sleeper came left in few mints. my bus arrived 12.05am and it started 12.25. two young guys in wheel. didnt feel any jerk or good speed slept nicely didnt see any overtake.bus stopper bio break around 4am before ulunderpet. i got down and shocked the timing. it is 4am. he covered 70% distance. i got dropped 6.50am in urapakkam. never travelled in any bus like this.still thinking how it is possible. they chnarged 800 per berth.BUS NO : KL63G2415
6.5 hrs from Tirunelveli to Perungalathur is quite extra ordinary.
And that too without any rash driving makes it even more remarkable!

deepam

Super User
The Celestes are locked at 100kmph. I have traveled in Raahath once - the driving style is such that you don't feel the speed. The drivers are really good.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Drivers are really passionate about their job and the bus.
Maybe they have mastered the art of using Retarders versus Braking.

May we have more of these types of drivers.

deepam

Super User
Yesterday KA57F4292 was allotted to do Mangalore-Hyderabad Service.
The body issues of KA57F3934, 3935, 3897 and 3898 would be done. So these buses [4291 and 4292] will be used as Spares till then.
Finally it would be allocated to new route.

With season kicking in next month; I suspect 1 service of Ambaari Dream Class would get allotted to Mangalore - Mumbai [3 PM from both ends]. Which bus will these be, only time will tell.
For sure, there will be demand for Starz body.

Prince02

Yesterday KA57F4292 was allotted to do Mangalore-Hyderabad Service.
The body issues of KA57F3934, 3935, 3897 and 3898 would be done. So these buses [4291 and 4292] will be used as Spares till then.
Finally it would be allocated to new route.
What are the body issues with Celeste?
Yesterday one of the Ambaari Dream Class was doing Mangaluru-Bengaluru special service, not sure if it was Starzz or Celeste.