Volvo B9R

deepak.yerr

Review Hyderabad Chennai Orange Volvo B9R I Shift Semisleeper
Date : 22nd Feb 2019
Dep : 1945 Lakdikapul
Arr : 730 Koyambedu 830 Shollinganallur
Fare : Rs 1432.5 including GST

I had to Visit Chennai on some personal work from Hyderabad so checked redbus and found the fares being high on thrusday for Friday journey and they are enough of seats thought the fares may be down by Friday morning. On Friday morning had to book a ticket as the fares are not down and as my dropping point is Shollinaganullur i have no other option but to opt for Orange as others don’t have drops and pickups in OMR. Finally at 9AM booked the ticket for Rs 1432.5 including Rs 67.5 GST. On the day of journey got an SMS with bus reg number TS. The moment i saw TS i was sure its the I Shift Volvo 9R Semisleeper newly inducted into Chennai sector. Reached the boarding point by 1940 and a pickup bus Swaraj Mazda 36 seater arrived. I checked the reg number but it was not the number sent to me in the SMS and waiting in front of Bank of Baroda in Lakdikapul Telegraph office road. After about 5 mins got a doubt when a women with 24 kgs mid sized baggage boarded the bus and she seemed to travelling to a metro city may be Chennai as Bangalore pickup may be bit early so approached the door and enquired Chennai and the driver said yes and then checked my name. The pickup bus is for multiple buses with the same dep time and it left at 1950. It reached mehdipatnam rethibowli circle took left below the PVNR expressway and was proceeding further and for a moment thought where is he taking for pickup, the bus crossed Musi river near attapur and stopped after sometime and two orange sleepers are already parked there. Another pickup bus also arrived in few minutes. The pickup point is RajendraNagar Pillar 204 odd and thought the pickup point may have selected by Orange as it not crowded with other buses and space for multiple bus parking slots. After about 7-8 months came to know the pickup points of all the buses are changed to Rajendranagar and the buses are traversing from KPHB towards Patnacheruvu and through ORR off rajendranagar intercross radial road and coming for pickup below the PVNR Expressway through one of the posts in this forum.

A white Volvo b9R i shift Semisleeper with reg number TS10UB4606 arrived and we was completed swiftly and we left towards the last pickup point in Hyderabad LB Nagar. The bus took a right before the LB Nagar circle and entered into Vijayawada Hyderabad highway and took a u turn back towards Vijayawada. Just as we are taking u turn one more white monster whose pilot who is smart approached from the left upto half of our bus in the U turn and its Parveen Merc 15m. After completing boarding left at 2135 LB Nagar and the bus was moving steadily and arrived at a Dhaba near Narketpally at 2245. As our bus was parked other buses came in a line in about 5-10 mins and the parking place is full. Clicked some pictures had the snack pack and the bus left at 2315. One thing i like about Orange is the standard being maintained from day 1 when they first entered in Hyderabad Bangalore route with Merc Semi sleeper in 2011 washed packed blanket for each journey, snack pack, high speed not wasting much in pickups, though its high priced then its peers it has high occupancy in any of the routes it entered from Hyderabad and on the whole no deviations from any of these features mentioned in the past 9 yrs which is not with the case with other operators which have downs and some left. The bus took turn right towards Narketpally Addanki Medermetla 4 laned state highway and joined NH16 25km before Ongole and was cruising at steady phase i caught sleep and i vaguely remember the bus stopping at an unknown place around 3-4AM may be for driver change and they didn’t disturb the traveller calling out toilet break by switch on the lights in the cabin. Woke up at 6AM and couldn’t recollect where we are and finally arrived at Madhavaram roundana and proceeded further to Koyambedu by 730AM. Dropped travellers and proceeded towards Siruseri OMR and about 15 travellers are still seated of which half of them dropped at Guindy and dropped me at Shollinganallur at 830.

Overall its a good journey with 12.45 hrs from Hyderabad city center Lakdikapul to Koyambedu Chennai City Center. Coming to the actual journey after LB Nagar covered 615km in 10hrs with 40 mins break with an avg of 65kmph.

Attachments

deepak.yerr

Review Chennai Visakhapatnam YBM Bharat Benz Sleeper

Date : 24th Feb 2019
Dep : 1625 Shollinganallur, 18:15 koyambedu
Arr : 700 Gurudwar, Vizag
Fare : Rs 1567.5 including GST

I finished my work by Saturday afternoon and in the evening at 4PM checked YBM in redbus but couldn’t find the listing quickly went to YBM travels website and searched for Chennai Vizag and found 2 seats available for Sunday. I have selected Right side lower window and entered my personal details, but the webpage closed abruptly. In 2 mins my mobile rang while i was reselecting the schedule and the customer care personal checked with me whether I was trying to book the ticket and gave a code with offered 10% discount. I have booked my ticket. On the day of my journey reached Shollinganullur jn at 1620 and was waiting in the car and the bus came and arrived there. I have about 4 pieces of baggage big and small and a bag which the helper accommodated in the side luggage space and i boarded the bus. The driver was telling me for single traveller i have bought 4 bags how can he accommodate and last night from Vizag because of more luggage of traveller the bus was held up and was late to Chennai. When I checked inside the berth lower the space can easily fit the hand baggage 8kg suitcase which the helper should have asked me to put inside the cabin. In trains the luggage is accommodated below the lower berth but in buses the lower berth is being put down to increase the height of the space between the berths and giving only space for keeping footwear. A rack is provided below each berth for keeping footwear under each berth in the bus I placed my footwear and settled in my berth. It was a double berth with single LED screen and blanket is kept. The bus left and arrived at Koyambedu took a u turn below the flyover and took left to join road towards Madhavaram. YBM office is on the right side after few yards. The bus waited for for half an hour may be for late traveller and left at 1815.

Coming to the bus its a Bharat Benz Bus with AP26TK2524 Gudur Reg in December 2018 Veera make V7 edition with 30 berths of 2+1 sleeper config with back seat rest. We stated our journey from Koyambedu at 1815 and the bus was not able to do full speeds after red hills toll gate as the 6 laning is in progress and diversions reached Sullurpet at 2000 for 80km distance even on a Sunday. Week days it may take 2 hrs. Halted at Munnabhai Dhaba for dinner break. I had the snack pack and relieved myself took pictures of the bus and other buses of Orange 2+1 Non aC to Hyderabad and Kaveri 2+1 Volvo celeste sleeper. The bus is kept locked during the dinner break. We left at 2030 from the Dhaba and the real action started there. I was watching a telugu movie and could here some squeaks sounds of the bus body now and then but as the roads are good after Sullurpet it was quite pleasant. I wanted to sleep and at 2240 went near to driver cabin and requested to stop for loo break. The pilot didnt utter a word but being a bus traveller for 16 yrs waited as the driver need to concentrate in the traffic in front and he was criss crossing across lanes between the trucks which are moving lane 1, lane 2 and he was not able to find space to stop the bus and finally a flyover came and he drove in the left lane and stopped at the joining point of the side road such that the bus is off the main carriage way and i gave a big thumbsup to the pilot in my mind for his driving safety sense though i waited for 3-5mins. At that time the bus is at Tettu and is about 47km to Ongole. I went back to my berth and slept and was in deep sleep, the bus halted and the helper put on the lights and called toilet break. I checked my mobile and its 403 stepped out of the bus and found to be in front of New Annapurna Restaurant 30km after Rajahmundry and was shocked as i was expecting the bus to be at that point between 500 to 530. I checked the distance and its 580km done in just 7.5hrs with a avg of 77kmph which is too much for a 230HP powered AC bus. Left at 415 and we were 185km to Vizag and we reached Gurudwar where most traveller get down by 715. I found that the bus had regular traveller from Chennai with Tamil origin getting down at Steel Plant gate and Gajuwaka where industries are located.

Overall it took 13hrs from Koyambedu to Vizag to cover 845km with 45min break an avg of 65kmph. YBM has got 4 more Bharat Benz buses with AP39V reg in Gudur in March and introduced them in Vizag Chennai second service and Vizag Tirupati routes in April later upgraded to Merc Veera sleeper in October 2019 and Volvo dreamz sleepers in December 2019 respectively.

Attachments

deepam

Super User
Review Hyderabad Chennai Orange Volvo B9R I Shift Semisleeper
Date : 22nd Feb 2019
Dep : 1945 Lakdikapul
Arr : 730 Koyambedu 830 Shollinganallur
Fare : Rs 1432.5 including GST

I had to Visit Chennai on some personal work from Hyderabad so checked redbus and found the fares being high on thrusday for Friday journey and they are enough of seats thought the fares may be down by Friday morning. On Friday morning had to book a ticket as the fares are not down and as my dropping point is Shollinaganullur i have no other option but to opt for Orange as others don’t have drops and pickups in OMR. Finally at 9AM booked the ticket for Rs 1432.5 including Rs 67.5 GST. On the day of journey got an SMS with bus reg number TS. The moment i saw TS i was sure its the I Shift Volvo 9R Semisleeper newly inducted into Chennai sector. Reached the boarding point by 1940 and a pickup bus Swaraj Mazda 36 seater arrived. I checked the reg number but it was not the number sent to me in the SMS and waiting in front of Bank of Baroda in Lakdikapul Telegraph office road. After about 5 mins got a doubt when a women with 24 kgs mid sized baggage boarded the bus and she seemed to travelling to a metro city may be Chennai as Bangalore pickup may be bit early so approached the door and enquired Chennai and the driver said yes and then checked my name. The pickup bus is for multiple buses with the same dep time and it left at 1950. It reached mehdipatnam rethibowli circle took left below the PVNR expressway and was proceeding further and for a moment thought where is he taking for pickup, the bus crossed Musi river near attapur and stopped after sometime and two orange sleepers are already parked there. Another pickup bus also arrived in few minutes. The pickup point is RajendraNagar Pillar 204 odd and thought the pickup point may have selected by Orange as it not crowded with other buses and space for multiple bus parking slots. After about 7-8 months came to know the pickup points of all the buses are changed to Rajendranagar and the buses are traversing from KPHB towards Patnacheruvu and through ORR off rajendranagar intercross radial road and coming for pickup below the PVNR Expressway through one of the posts in this forum.

A white Volvo b9R i shift Semisleeper with reg number TS10UB4606 arrived and we was completed swiftly and we left towards the last pickup point in Hyderabad LB Nagar. The bus took a right before the LB Nagar circle and entered into Vijayawada Hyderabad highway and took a u turn back towards Vijayawada. Just as we are taking u turn one more white monster whose pilot who is smart approached from the left upto half of our bus in the U turn and its Parveen Merc 15m. After completing boarding left at 2135 LB Nagar and the bus was moving steadily and arrived at a Dhaba near Narketpally at 2245. As our bus was parked other buses came in a line in about 5-10 mins and the parking place is full. Clicked some pictures had the snack pack and the bus left at 2315. One thing i like about Orange is the standard being maintained from day 1 when they first entered in Hyderabad Bangalore route with Merc Semi sleeper in 2011 washed packed blanket for each journey, snack pack, high speed not wasting much in pickups, though its high priced then its peers it has high occupancy in any of the routes it entered from Hyderabad and on the whole no deviations from any of these features mentioned in the past 9 yrs which is not with the case with other operators which have downs and some left. The bus took turn right towards Narketpally Addanki Medermetla 4 laned state highway and joined NH16 25km before Ongole and was cruising at steady phase i caught sleep and i vaguely remember the bus stopping at an unknown place around 3-4AM may be for driver change and they didn’t disturb the traveller calling out toilet break by switch on the lights in the cabin. Woke up at 6AM and couldn’t recollect where we are and finally arrived at Madhavaram roundana and proceeded further to Koyambedu by 730AM. Dropped travellers and proceeded towards Siruseri OMR and about 15 travellers are still seated of which half of them dropped at Guindy and dropped me at Shollinganallur at 830.

Overall its a good journey with 12.45 hrs from Hyderabad city center Lakdikapul to Koyambedu Chennai City Center. Coming to the actual journey after LB Nagar covered 615km in 10hrs with 40 mins break with an avg of 65kmph.
++++++++++++++++
@deepak.yerr
Nice Review.
The bus you traveled TS10UB6406 I have seen 2-3 times near Paradise the bus is Volvo B11R 13.8 m and not Volvo B9R.

As seen from VAHAN website:
Registration No: TS10UB6406 Registration Date: 21-Aug-2018
Chassis No: YV3T2S826J818999****1 Engine No: *****
Owner Name: THIRUMALA CABS
Vehicle Class: Bus(HPV) Fuel: DIESEL
Maker / Model Volvo Auto India Pvt Ltd / VOLVO 9400 B11R 6X2 13.8M BSIV
Fitness/REGN Upto: 27-Aug-2020

deepak.yerr

++++++++++++++++
@deepak.yerr
Nice Review.
The bus you traveled TS10UB6406 I have seen 2-3 times near Paradise the bus is Volvo B11R 13.8 m and not Volvo B9R.

As seen from VAHAN website:
Registration No: TS10UB6406 Registration Date: 21-Aug-2018
Chassis No: YV3T2S826J818999****1 Engine No: *****
Owner Name: THIRUMALA CABS
Vehicle Class: Bus(HPV) Fuel: DIESEL
Maker / Model Volvo Auto India Pvt Ltd / VOLVO 9400 B11R 6X2 13.8M BSIV
Fitness/REGN Upto: 27-Aug-2020
Thanks for correcting me there is one more set of new Volvo B11R semi sleeper I think red color working in Hyderabad Coimbatore what is the reg number or the make year. After they entered Chennai down south they bought 14 odd Scania semisleeper and these 4 Volvo B11R semisleeper. Apart from these all are Sleepers. Now they started converting the earlier semisleeper and also Scania to Sleepers

deepam

Super User
Thanks for correcting me there is one more set of new Volvo B11R semi sleeper I think red color working in Hyderabad Coimbatore what is the reg number or the make year. After they entered Chennai down south they bought 14 odd Scania semisleeper and these 4 Volvo B11R semisleeper. Apart from these all are Sleepers. Now they started converting the earlier semisleeper and also Scania to Sleepers
+++++++++
Yes, Sleeper buses are in demand these days.
MAV Sleepers offer more comfort. Sleepers become boring when you do not get sleep and there is no entertainment system in the bus.

binaiks

Hyderabad-Coimbatore one is a Volvo B9R. The other pair of B11R is operating Hyderabad-Shirdi.

f1fan

Wondering what would be the status of all the Buses stationed idle?
1. Battery would have been drained
2. Air in the Tyres would've been gone
3. Bedbugs would have been infected the seats
Also wondering what will happen to those who bought new buses like Canara Pinto who launched their MG Starz vovlo Sleeper just before the Covid lockdown. I fear this summer travel season would be a washout and would impact all bus operators

deepak.yerr

Also wondering what will happen to those who bought new buses like Canara Pinto who launched their MG Starz vovlo Sleeper just before the Covid lockdown. I fear this summer travel season would be a washout and would impact all bus operators
Covid or Corona Virus is going to stay long period in this year and may reappear again when the whether changes. After the lockdown is lifted I aome regions by May 03rd the travel restrictions will be there for this summer season especially 8 big cities in India in which Mumbai Delhi Pune Hyd will be in top list. Though the virus may subside by May end in India but they are about 1cr Indian working in Gulf and other countries alone and atleast 30lks will return to India due to loss of jobs and students who completed studies will also come back in next 6 months. Further the virus will be in assylimtic in many and may reappear and show up when there is weather change. So travel restrictions and social Distancing will be there for long till 2020 end and how far the operators will be ready to fill 50% maintain distance and run with frequent cleaning of interior surface with Hypocholrite solution is a question. It will be difficult for new entrants and who have invested in new fleet in 2019.