Volvo B9R

Gabe_Fruit

Yesterday evening as I exited Hyderabad on to NH44 South saw Kallada sleeper and post Gooty and Anantapur saw Kallada Volvo flying not sure it was B9R or B11R.
Scania was at Hotel Ravi Teja ready to start.
Happy to see V/S of Kallada back on roads between Hyderabad and Bangalore.
It was either an orange or red Volvo B9R from Nagercoil to Hyderabad, not sure as there are 4 services to HYD via Bangalore.

Gabe_Fruit

I've been reading the posts of the thread and heard a lot about Sofiya Lines B9R.
As my first B9R journey was in Sofiya Lines. I would like to know where is the bus located at in Bangalore, Maybe bring back some old memories.

deepam

Super User
KSRTC Mysuru Rural 2 Depot has started Bengaluru - Shimoga - Honnavara - Karwar - Panaji service.
The Gerusoppa Ghat KSRTC bus drivers gave me feedback is not easy to handle B9R / B11R and I do agree too it.
Only thing is this is taking Tumkur - Kadur - Bhadravthi route and will not run on time!'
I came to know when our Vlogger forum member Ash2travel posted in Youtube about this!!
I hope this service runs for longer time and is not withdrawn. In wake of Shiradi Ghat [Mangalore- Hassan - Bangalore] being closed, traffic on this route is going to be higher!!

deepam

Super User
Finally got to travel in MG Starz Ambaari Dream Class Service between Mysuru and Hyderabad.
Attached is the pic captured at Hotel Sandarshini:
IMG_20220209_070023.jpg

deepam

Super User
Date of Travel: 08-Feb-2022
Service: 1902MYSSEC
Class: Ambaari Dream Class / MG Starz built.
Dep (Sch) / (Act): 19:02 hrs / 19:02 hrs
Arr (Sch) / (Act): 08:15 hrs / 08:55 hrs
Cabin: Shankar & Suresh
Regn no: KA57-F4237
We reached Mysuru Bus stand at 18:50 hrs, bus was parked in Platform 3. Once we boarded the bus, the bus moved to Bengaluru platform. Bus departed on time and exited Mysuru. Around 19:40 hours, we had our dinne carried home food.
Driving was smooth, next halt was for dinner at Channapatna Bus stand. Post dinner break we headed to Bengaluru reached Majestic at 22:55 hrs. Bus departed from Majestic after picking up Benagluru passengers.
Around 3 AM the bus had halted for Loo break but I was not able to get up. Around 4 AM I requested for Loo break and then boarded the bus.
Bus reached Hotel Sandarshini, Jadcherla at 07:05 hours. Post break bus started.
Reached Hyderabad Afzalgunj at 08:55 hours. Delay is due to the fact that bus is speed locked at 80 kmph.

Pic of the bus posted at link:
Volvo B9R

deepam

Super User
Date of Travel: 13-Feb-2022
Service: 1759SECMYS
Class: Ambaari Dream Class / MG Starz built.
Dep (Sch) / (Act): 19:45 hrs / 19:50 hrs
Arr (Sch) / (Act): 08:30 hrs / 09:30 hrs
Cabin: T Gowda & Suresh
Regn no: KA57-F4237
We reached Hyderabad MGBS at 18:45 hours. Took some snacks at Paradise food court. Bus was put into Platform 5 at 19:31 hours. Boarding took place. 1 Passenger came late by 5 mins, so bus departed late by 5 mins.
From the word go; Main Driver driving was not smooth and gave constant jerks till Bus reached Aramghar. Aramghar and Shamshabad had pick-ups.
As we crossed Aramghar, we had our dinner food carried from home. Bus reached Hotel Sandarshini before Toll 1. Around 21:30 hours.
I was in dilemma to book Orange Travels Sleeper or this bus, chose this bus as it had new Bus body. Orange was B9R Sleeper modified. At Sandarshini as we exited; saw Orange heading to Mysore was at dinner break.
Bus had Kurnool pick-up and I was in deep sleep I thought bus had reached Bengaluru quite early after 10-15 mins when I looked at the time found out it was only midnight. The bus reached Majestic at 6:00 hours and reached Satellite bus stand at 6:20 hours. During the break, Orange Travels moved ahead. Bus departed at 6:45 hours and reached Mysuru suburban at 9:30 hours [without any break].
It appears Orange had reached Mysuru 10-15 mins earlier.