VU TV, Device Has Not Been Licensed

Admin01

Administrator
I bought a VU 43” 4K Smart TV from Flipkart and it was installed today.

However, apart from YouTube, if I try to open any other app or even App Store, I get an error, “Device has not been licensed.”

Is anyone else facing this issue or faced it in past?

I have contacted VU Support and supposedly they have forwarded this issue to the concern department and this is a issue occurring with their Smart TVs and is supposed to be rectified in a few days?

Still looking for answers and fix, in case anyone has it.

Admin01

Administrator
Ok, the issue has been resolved and now I can install apps and steam content, without getting “device has not been licensed error”.

I had to call VU’s customer care (1800-22-8455) and lodge a complaint with them. Their technical support team called back and asked me to WhatsApp them (8291916111) a photo of the MAC address of the TV and within 24 hours, they resolved the issue from the backend.

I am guessing, there is some licensing issue, which is causing this.

Good news is, the app store is working and even prime video is available in it. Bad news is, streaming through Netflix and Prime isn’t at 4k and I am getting far better result by connecting my TV to my computer using HDMI cable and using it to run these programs.

Native YouTube App can only stream in 1080p and the quality isn’t that good. But you can open browser, then search for Google Play Store and open it and download the update, which would give you better quality and access to 4k content. However, if the bit rate is high, the app crashes.

All in all, in order to take real advantage of the 4k panel, you need to use a streaming device (sadly Chromecast 2 and Fire Stick aren’t 4k, their 4k variants aren’t available in India) or a PC with HDMI 2.0 port.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Congrats !

Seems 4k is in initial stages.
There will be many unseen problems till it is a normal standard for all
It may take time when to will be common thing for majority.

Admin01

Administrator
Congrats !

Seems 4k is in initial stages.
There will be many unseen problems till it is a normal standard for all
It may take time when to will be common thing for majority.
Actually this has more to do with bad software and under powered processor from VU than anything else. My friend's Sony 4k works flawlessly, but then again, it costed him 1.3L.