Wandering the valleys of Kumaon

dichkaun

Great Peaks !
Great Routes !
Great Stoppages !
Great Photography !
Thank you.

For the first time, saw Panchchulli peaks looking so beautiful at sunrise. Went to Nandadevi temple once before sunrise, but the peaks did not look so majestic.
Great capture.
Thanks. I assume you mean the Nandadevi temple at Munsyari. Munsyari is on the west of Panchachuli peaks. So you'd see the sun rise behind the peaks. Picture would be something like this: Panchachuli Sunrise
The sunset from the Nandadevi would set the peaks on fire.

Surprised that you did not go to Narayan Swami Ashram.
For some reason I am not too keen on ashram's and all.

What a lovely log, @dichkaun! I am sorely tempted now!! What say doc @pushpinder ?
Thank you.
Make a plan and go.

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
Excellent narration. I am planning to visit Darma valley with my family in car next summer. We will have our 3 yo kid with us as well. Please suggest an itinerary as we have 10 days in total with us. Also some places to stay with some basic facilities like hot water as we will be traveliing with the kid.

Thanks,
GT

dichkaun

Excellent narration. I am planning to visit Darma valley with my family in car next summer. We will have our 3 yo kid with us as well. Please suggest an itinerary as we have 10 days in total with us. Also some places to stay with some basic facilities like hot water as we will be traveliing with the kid.

Thanks,
GT
Where are you starting from?

The accommodation in the valley is somewhat sparse. The bathrooms are outside the houses. You will be able get hot water from your host. All the electricity is from the batteries charged by solar panel.
With a 3yr old kid it may be somewhat tough though still doable.

mousourik

Who Am I
and i think you had nashta at the shack near the bridge at Jauljibhi..well that has been my favourite spot in all my previous Munsiyari trips
Great men always think and act alike. You all had breakfast near this bridge at Jauljibi (isn't there a petrol pump nearby), we had at Dharchula town. You and @sajalsheth had taken nasta at the same dhaba while going towards Koti bridge, we had at Chamera boating point. We are inferior mortals, commoners. :-(

Last edited:

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Great men always think and act alike. You all had breakfast near this bridge at Jauljibi (isn't there a petrol pump nearby), we had at Dharchula town. You and @sajalsheth had taken nasta at the same dhaba while going towards Koti bridge, we had at Chamera boating point. We are less mortals, commoners. :-(
dada..you are the one who doesn't follow the herd..you are a leader..you follow your own path

dichkaun

Yep its the same place at Jauljibi.
Unfortunately when I was there the shack guy was only serving tea and not the other nice stuff you got.
There is no petrol pump at near the bridge.