Weekend hill ride, Yercaud calling again

longrider

The lonely rider
FB status :
3rd time visited yercaud , but this time I found best weather , food over there . Explored some places .. Njoyed a day (550+kms) (27/7/2014)

................................................................................................................................................

I have been to yercaud 2 times before this trip , but when boredom stuck in regular college days , with light pocket with no holiday to spend then I had to choose some place close from my hostel.

More over Santosh , and sujoy da , both of them never been to yercaud so they choose this place ..

Some day ago only we rented a Honda unicorn which was nearly scrap condition , after 2 days of full DIY it came back to good condition to ride , so sujoy da wanted to test it on highway ..

So 27th july early morning we hit the road wih Santosh as my pillion and sujoy da following me on his unicorn with yellow fog light ;D

With constant cruising in my regular 80-90 kmph we reached vaniyambadi and then near the foot hills of yelagiri in 1hour 5mins sharp , time was then around 6am..

Had tea in local road side tea shop.

Sujoy da with uni , santosh with my bike

After that again we cruised towards our destination but in little slower speed because of 2lane SH and frequent town junctions . around 8 we reached near the foot hill of yercaud ..

bade miya & chhote miya (me and santosh ) :D

sujoy da and santosh poses while on the way , photo stop

our trusted machines

they also enjoyed the road

some views from there

hope you are not bore of this hill pics ..

At 1st we went to pagoda view point , enjoyed the beautiful weather

posing again

story same

"yercaud has 1 hospital but 4 cemetery "

helmet's view

After that we directly went to Hotel tamilnadu for breakfast .
We had pongal and upma , which was only available

Places to see there

map for that

me there

We skipped boating and zoo as we all were tired of these both .

We rode towards Ladies seat,gent's seat . Some pics from there

Liked beacause of weather

no comments about santosh

lots of improvement in last 2 years

cup of joy overflowed , so jumping santosh

parked our steeds

we I see

blind spot mirror

view from there

regular snaps

helmets :D

the white beam fallen down just after that snap , they saved some how , worst build quality

After roaming there we left the place , and went towards the "sri chakra mahameru temple ". I liked the environment there , I saw buddha and shiva in same temple and visited by local muslim women ..
Nothing more to see, loved that place though it was quite far from yercaud city , didn't explore it before .

Sujoy da & santosh slept there (really they were asleep for good 45mins) while I was enjoying the nature ..

As camera was not allowed inside the temple so no pics from there ..
Some pics of outside

bom bhole

Time was around 4pm , we decided to start riding back .
We reached yercaud city and had late lunch with paratha and chicken and omlate and in the mean time it started raining heavy ..
I had my raincote but not others , so waited there for around 1hour for rain to stop .

Then slowly started riding back bidding good bye to yercaud ..
Riding back was horrible in 2 lane SH eating dusts of big trucks ..
Though our extra light setup saved us that day from super 130 watts highbeam of those oncoming trucks ..

Reached hostel at around 9pm ...
A day well spend..

My road of life continues ...............................................................

Sanswam

Santosh Swaminathan
College life are the best, so enjoy it the most. I am happy that you have utilised your time and travelled... Whats even more impressing is , you have started writing... Good one! Keep loving the thar, it will take you places!

longrider

The lonely rider
Lovely pics and nice one day trip.
Thanks a lot .. :)

Lovely pics.
Thanks a lot sirjee :)

Thanks a lot.

College life are the best, so enjoy it the most. I am happy that you have utilised your time and travelled... Whats even more impressing is , you have started writing... Good one! Keep loving the thar, it will take you places!
Clg life never went well in my case , my traveling took lots of toll on my education :(
I have just started touring, traveling is way to go . I am touring here & there in south india for last 3 +years , and writing logs at the same time for last 2.5years ..

I am little late replying as I was in western ghat for 4 days 1600+kms trip ..
will come back with those stories :)

Tilak Francis

FB status :
3rd time visited yercaud , but this time I found best weather , food over there . Explored some places .. Njoyed a day (550+kms) (27/7/2014)

................................................................................................................................................

I have been to yercaud 2 times before this trip , but when boredom stuck in regular college days , with light pocket with no holiday to spend then I had to choose some place close from my hostel.

More over Santosh , and sujoy da , both of them never been to yercaud so they choose this place ..

Some day ago only we rented a Honda unicorn which was nearly scrap condition , after 2 days of full DIY it came back to good condition to ride , so sujoy da wanted to test it on highway ..

So 27th july early morning we hit the road wih Santosh as my pillion and sujoy da following me on his unicorn with yellow fog light ;D

With constant cruising in my regular 80-90 kmph we reached vaniyambadi and then near the foot hills of yelagiri in 1hour 5mins sharp , time was then around 6am..

Had tea in local road side tea shop.

Sujoy da with uni , santosh with my bike

After that again we cruised towards our destination but in little slower speed because of 2lane SH and frequent town junctions . around 8 we reached near the foot hill of yercaud ..

bade miya & chhote miya (me and santosh ) :D

sujoy da and santosh poses while on the way , photo stop

our trusted machines

they also enjoyed the road

some views from there

hope you are not bore of this hill pics ..

At 1st we went to pagoda view point , enjoyed the beautiful weather

posing again

story same

"yercaud has 1 hospital but 4 cemetery "

helmet's view

After that we directly went to Hotel tamilnadu for breakfast .
We had pongal and upma , which was only available

Places to see there

map for that

me there

We skipped boating and zoo as we all were tired of these both .

We rode towards Ladies seat,gent's seat . Some pics from there

Liked beacause of weather

no comments about santosh

lots of improvement in last 2 years

cup of joy overflowed , so jumping santosh

parked our steeds

we I see

blind spot mirror

view from there

regular snaps

helmets :D

the white beam fallen down just after that snap , they saved some how , worst build quality

After roaming there we left the place , and went towards the "sri chakra mahameru temple ". I liked the environment there , I saw buddha and shiva in same temple and visited by local muslim women ..
Nothing more to see, loved that place though it was quite far from yercaud city , didn't explore it before .

Sujoy da & santosh slept there (really they were asleep for good 45mins) while I was enjoying the nature ..

As camera was not allowed inside the temple so no pics from there ..
Some pics of outside

bom bhole

Time was around 4pm , we decided to start riding back .
We reached yercaud city and had late lunch with paratha and chicken and omlate and in the mean time it started raining heavy ..
I had my raincote but not others , so waited there for around 1hour for rain to stop .

Then slowly started riding back bidding good bye to yercaud ..
Riding back was horrible in 2 lane SH eating dusts of big trucks ..
Though our extra light setup saved us that day from super 130 watts highbeam of those oncoming trucks ..

Reached hostel at around 9pm ...
A day well spend..

My road of life continues ...............................................................
nice log. could not see any of your t'log photos. dont know why