Welcome to Equipment for the rider/driver section

Hello Everyone,
Im preparing for 'THE RIDE' in June. I'm an avid biker and I tend to go on weekend drives every other month.
I have all other Riding Gear except for a good Riding Pant. I have read many blogs from many people; and it only pushed me into a new depth of confusion.
I now have my hopes pinned on you people and hope that you will help me to clear the confusion. My queries as below:

1) I want a pant which is waterproof / water resistant.
2) It should be comfortable to wear for long rides.
3) It should not make me sweat in summers.
4) Armour protections should be reliable .
5) It should not be too expensive.
6) I'm confused between DSG NERO , CRAMSTER VELOCITY 2.0 , SPARTAN ODYSSEUS.

Please ...please...please help me in deciding based on your experience / comments/ stories overheard / blogs.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Shivanshu

RX Rider
Hello Everyone,
Im preparing for 'THE RIDE' in June. I'm an avid biker and I tend to go on weekend drives every other month.
I have all other Riding Gear except for a good Riding Pant. I have read many blogs from many people; and it only pushed me into a new depth of confusion.
I now have my hopes pinned on you people and hope that you will help me to clear the confusion. My queries as below:

1) I want a pant which is waterproof / water resistant.
2) It should be comfortable to wear for long rides.
3) It should not make me sweat in summers.
4) Armour protections should be reliable .
5) It should not be too expensive.
6) I'm confused between DSG NERO , CRAMSTER VELOCITY 2.0 , SPARTAN ODYSSEUS.

Please ...please...please help me in deciding based on your experience / comments/ stories overheard / blogs.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I have been using Cramster Velocity for almost 4yrs now, I would say the riding pant is nice, its breathable as well while touring. The only time it goes uncomfortable is in traffic conditions. It can make you sweaty. But the best part is that it has a removable thermal inner which you can use it in winters and in summers you can keep it aside.

Pankaj Zarekar

Any idea where can I buy industrial safety shoes online? High ankle with side zippered closure. Proper riding shoes are out of my budget and purpose at the moment.

LoneWolf

Any idea where can I buy industrial safety shoes online? High ankle with side zippered closure. Proper riding shoes are out of my budget and purpose at the moment.
Hi. I would suggest trying our Orazo Shoes. They are cheaper than proper riding shoes and provide a lot of safety. However, they have increased the prices a bit lately. Evevn though cheap, VFM is not as good as it was couple of years ago. I have never used a pair but a close friend has for many years.

www.orazosafety.com

Cheers.

Pankaj Zarekar

Hi. I would suggest trying our Orazo Shoes. They are cheaper than proper riding shoes and provide a lot of safety. However, they have increased the prices a bit lately. Evevn though cheap, VFM is not as good as it was couple of years ago. I have never used a pair but a close friend has for many years.

www.orazosafety.com

Cheers.
Orazo do not have zippered closure shoes.

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
What are the precautions required for travelling on two wheeler (Bajaj Pulsar 180cc)

Hello,

I am planning to attempt first solo(age 35) or pillion (female) (age 32) ride on my bike bajaj pulsar 180cc Nov 2018 model which completes only 2500km till now. The bike is non abs but dual disc.

There are lots of questions running inside my mind. I will try to pen down here one by one. Please read and clear my doubt I might be travelling with female pillion.

What are the riding gears required (starts from minimum to maximum requirement)

Requirement of Riding Gears:-

1. Good helmet for both - please advice for good helmet within 3000rs-4000rs ... My Head Size 610mm and her is 550mm

2. Also wants to buy Bluetooth for intercom and other things

3. Riding jackets for both (does it very necessary to buy) or we can move without them also..

4. Knee or elbow guard for both - (please suggest good quality with minimum budget)

5.Handgloves - - (please suggest good quality with minimum budget)

6. Riding Shoes - Does it require if budget is limited?

Requirement for Bike

What are the things required for bike during touring so that tour will run smoothly....

1. Tool kit

2. oils

3. Chain Lube and cleaner.

4. Puncture kits or tyre inflator pump (please suggest good quality with minimum budget)

5. Mobile phone holder (please suggest good quality with minimum budget)

6. Tank bag (please suggest good quality with minimum budget)

7. Saddle bag (please suggest good quality with minimum budget)

8. Gel Seat to make journey comfortable.. (Please suggest good quality with minimum budget)

PLEASE SHARE LINK FOR REQUIRED ITEMS TO BE PURCHASED.

How we can plan our journey... let’s say we try first time for 300km

1. Break in between the journey.

2. Precaution on highway

3. Precaution on hilly area.

We stay in New Delhi.. Tour may be to Shimla or Chail or Lansdowne..

I am not those who like to travel in night, I might start as early as 3am from both side journey.

Kindly help me as I don’t want to mess up our journey.

Regards...

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
@jammbuster
riding gears.
1 For your head size you have to adjust with 600mm size and don't worry it will fit. try something from steelbird as their helmets are slightly bigger than other brands or visit karol bagh and search for xl size smk . For your wife 550mm size is again only be available in smk or else you can have a look at vega buds my wife is using it in 540mm size full face one.

2 Bts2, venetfone v6 ,Ejas e6 are more popular among riders and will cost around 3k with warranty from Aliexpress it will be cheaper but it takes longer time to reach here, I know a local guy who imports these and will give it with warranty. v6 and e 6 are best economical option. you can connect 6 riders via intercom.

3 Riding jacket is always preferable as it provide better protection and a sense of confidence. Invest in at leaset ce level armour jackets.
these can be bought from as low as 4.5k inr , look through rynox, scala, bbg, psg visit a local market for better deals. Mototorque.in is a good option for online purchase and they have female specific jacket in economical range. this is one expense that you should adjust in your budget.

4 Elbow guards are not helpful and they keep slipping off. still if you want to buy it then scoyco k11 h11 is a good and economical option, for knee guard only buy bionic ones like scoyco k12 or like those. Bionic ones don't slip.

5 Gloves , Scala runner, tarmac vento2 both are best economical option and cost under 2k in local market. tarmac is on sale for 1.5k.

6 Boots , High ankle safety/ military boots from Gopinath bazar Delhi cant is best option under 1k. or use any good high ankle boots like woods etc. better option is orazo safety/ riding boots.

For Bike.
1 Original toolkit with a universal allen key set will work, can also keep a universal t spanner kit with universal screw driver. Allen key set is important to have.

2 oils, Change the engine oil if it is too old before the trip and you are good to go. still you want o keep it for topups the nu can buy any semi synthetic oil of your grade small packs and keep it. Bajaj sell 50ml bottles.

3 Any chain lube will work carry a small can 3m, waxpol, rolon, speedol, or keep 140 or 90 grade gear oil in kupi. keep extra cloths for wiping the chain before applying lube. For cleaner Diesel/ kero/ wd40 are the best. make your choice.

4 Phone holder karol bagh for 400 with charging water proof.

5 ABS tank bag best ecomical option available on amazon. (search ABS tank bag) will give sellers number. or else look in karol bagh.
Chopra, veekay, jeetu bike point.

6 Saddle bags again Karol bag Veekay has economical option so does Jeetu bike point. golden rider is also good brand.

7 Gel seats, Fego float the best option or go to a seat maker and ask him to cut foam sheets in shape and make pouch for same with straps to fix on seat.

8 Buy puncture kit locally it cost around 100 to 150 rs, for inflator I am using resqutech micro tyre inflator (Amazon) it works on both car and bike and is one time investment. or Use a cycle wala pump and muscle power.

Precautions .
1 Breaks, hourly or at 100kms. or whenever you feel like. Drink tea it is best avoid energy drinks and cold drinks. tea and water hyderate the body the best way.

2 Don't ride on extreme left or right that is where the punctures occurs. slow down near medians. avoid riding behind big vehicle. Do not over take slowing truck or bus from left. always look honk dipper before you over take.

3 slow down on curves and honk and move use brakes cautiously. on downhill use engine braking.

4 Pee buddy (Search on google).

jammbuster

@jammbuster
riding gears.
1 For your head size you have to adjust with 600mm size and don't worry it will fit. try something from steelbird as their helmets are slightly bigger than other brands or visit karol bagh and search for xl size smk . For your wife 550mm size is again only be available in smk or else you can have a look at vega buds my wife is using it in 540mm size full face one.

2 Bts2, venetfone v6 ,Ejas e6 are more popular among riders and will cost around 3k with warranty from Aliexpress it will be cheaper but it takes longer time to reach here, I know a local guy who imports these and will give it with warranty. v6 and e 6 are best economical option. you can connect 6 riders via intercom.

3 Riding jacket is always preferable as it provide better protection and a sense of confidence. Invest in at leaset ce level armour jackets.
these can be bought from as low as 4.5k inr , look through rynox, scala, bbg, psg visit a local market for better deals. Mototorque.in is a good option for online purchase and they have female specific jacket in economical range. this is one expense that you should adjust in your budget.

4 Elbow guards are not helpful and they keep slipping off. still if you want to buy it then scoyco k11 h11 is a good and economical option, for knee guard only buy bionic ones like scoyco k12 or like those. Bionic ones don't slip.

5 Gloves , Scala runner, tarmac vento2 both are best economical option and cost under 2k in local market. tarmac is on sale for 1.5k.

6 Boots , High ankle safety/ military boots from Gopinath bazar Delhi cant is best option under 1k. or use any good high ankle boots like woods etc. better option is orazo safety/ riding boots.

For Bike.
1 Original toolkit with a universal allen key set will work, can also keep a universal t spanner kit with universal screw driver. Allen key set is important to have.

2 oils, Change the engine oil if it is too old before the trip and you are good to go. still you want o keep it for topups the nu can buy any semi synthetic oil of your grade small packs and keep it. Bajaj sell 50ml bottles.

3 Any chain lube will work carry a small can 3m, waxpol, rolon, speedol, or keep 140 or 90 grade gear oil in kupi. keep extra cloths for wiping the chain before applying lube. For cleaner Diesel/ kero/ wd40 are the best. make your choice.

4 Phone holder karol bagh for 400 with charging water proof.

5 ABS tank bag best ecomical option available on amazon. (search ABS tank bag) will give sellers number. or else look in karol bagh.
Chopra, veekay, jeetu bike point.

6 Saddle bags again Karol bag Veekay has economical option so does Jeetu bike point. golden rider is also good brand.

7 Gel seats, Fego float the best option or go to a seat maker and ask him to cut foam sheets in shape and make pouch for same with straps to fix on seat.

8 Buy puncture kit locally it cost around 100 to 150 rs, for inflator I am using resqutech micro tyre inflator (Amazon) it works on both car and bike and is one time investment. or Use a cycle wala pump and muscle power.

Precautions .
1 Breaks, hourly or at 100kms. or whenever you feel like. Drink tea it is best avoid energy drinks and cold drinks. tea and water hyderate the body the best way.

2 Don't ride on extreme left or right that is where the punctures occurs. slow down near medians. avoid riding behind big vehicle. Do not over take slowing truck or bus from left. always look honk dipper before you over take.

3 slow down on curves and honk and move use brakes cautiously. on downhill use engine braking.

4 Pee buddy (Search on google).
wah too good inderjeet bhai too good elaboration

Reactions: IJS

jammbuster

ou have to adjust with 600mm size and don't worry it will fit. try something from steelbird as their helmets are slightly bigger than other brands or visit karol bagh and search for xl size smk
i did some shopping..here are few pictures...

Purchased this hand gloves rs 650/-

This elbow and knee guard in ₹950/-

This studd helmet in ₹1800.. though size is only 600mm... It is tuff to wear..but he assured that it will fit within 10days.

I also saw SMK settler Available size was 2xl seems very comfortable but very heavy cost of that helmet os 3500/-...

All these purchased from chopra, karol bagh