What’s the status of NH66 Mumbai Goa Highway?

Theloststory

anyone been there recently? With a four wheeler?
It used to be very congested, single laned, bad traffic. (Even though it’s scenic). Lane widening construction had further worsened the drive experience. Want to know how is it now.

uturn

Super User
Worst!
Hardly 20% of road in good condition!
A month back done upto Chiplun,from some of friends further also not good.
Instead go via Kolhapur-Amboli
Or Kolhapur-Gaganbawada
Else Belgaum-Chorla (best one but bad roads inside Belgaum city limits with traffic can manageable).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shirodkar

What is the present condition of this road? Has anyone been this way recently? I am planning a trip to Mumbai from Goa by this road.

uturn

Super User
What is the present condition of this road? Has anyone been this way recently? I am planning a trip to Mumbai from Goa by this road.

NH17 all the way 4 lane work in progress time consuming better to avoid.
Travel via Pune -Belgaum-chorla-Mapusa.
Avoid Nippani-Ajara -Amboli also.

satshen

NH17 all the way 4 lane work in progress time consuming better to avoid.
Travel via Pune -Belgaum-chorla-Mapusa.
Avoid Nippani-Ajara -Amboli also.

Did the Pune -Belgaum-Chorla-Ponda route on 12/02/19

Pune to Belgaum 4 lane highway - great driving. However, got stopped by cops at MH/KA border for document checking. Happened both ways.
Belgaum - Chorla , no problems except for occassionally potholes.
Chorla- Ponda road condition is good but encountered heavy vehicles - difficult to overtake. The connecting road from Honda to NH748 is not so good. NH748 to Ponda is good with diversions near Ponda.

uturn

Super User
Did the Pune -Belgaum-Chorla-Ponda route on 12/02/19

Pune to Belgaum 4 lane highway - great driving. However, got stopped by cops at MH/KA border for document checking. Happened both ways.
Belgaum - Chorla , no problems except for occassionally potholes.
Chorla- Ponda road condition is good but encountered heavy vehicles - difficult to overtake. The connecting road from Honda to NH748 is not so good. NH748 to Ponda is good with diversions near Ponda.
While going I went via Madgao ponda honda but returned via saqulium velhe goa(old goa) verna Airport it was in better conditions but sometimes got confused due to very few signages.