What is Exposure? A Tutorial

Schumi

Sushrut Khaladkar
Excellent info sirji. One basic question which has been nagging me for days: IS APERTURE A FUNCTION OF THE LENS & IS SHUTTER A FUNCTION OF THE CAMERA?

bookert79

#EatSleepDrinkTravel
Sirji i use a Nikon D3100 with a regular lenses it comes with and a 70-300 mm lens.

I lvoe to get some nice night pics and sometimes i do but what would be a general setting in terms of A and S speed when taking nightscapes of cities and general areas outside.

What are you recommendations on the settings..

hensil

Guru
Sirji i use a Nikon D3100 with a regular lenses it comes with and a 70-300 mm lens.

I lvoe to get some nice night pics and sometimes i do but what would be a general setting in terms of A and S speed when taking nightscapes of cities and general areas outside.

What are you recommendations on the settings..
First of all, buy a sturdy tripod. Without a tripod you cannot do night shooting.

For camera setting I suggest, keep manual ISO and set it to 200. Set your camera to manual focus, matrix metering and the exposure to Aperture priority. Set the aperture to f/8 and take a trial picture. If you find the exposure over or under, use the Exposure Compensation to correct the exposure.
Henry