What is your brandband speed

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I just tested mine, using internet speed test and it comes to 4.45mbps download and some 5.45 mbps upload. It’s not very good and even Instagram takes a bit of a hit to refresh.

It seems the average broadband download has been falling as per this article.

What’s your boradband speed and experience?
Websites today are getting more complex and the time to load them with all the content and javascripts and what not, has also increased. However, I think, Anything around 5mbps should suffice for a decent browsing experience. It all depends on how much patience we have while using internet.

ACT is a very good ISP. I miss the good ol days of Bangalore when I used ACT. Never gave any trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, this is good.

I use two connections in my home. One is a fiber optic broadband and the other connection is a Jio sim in a router. There are now routers available in which you can insert a sim card and voila, you can use the interent provided by the sim card to an extended range. I use four routers in my home, to get in total, 7 wi-fi connections. I like to be connected in every part of my home. 3 routers are dual band routers and one router is a single band router.

Here are the number of connections that I have inside my home.

All the connections, starting with Sunny are mine.

Sunny_J is the wifi connection using the Jio sim card. I have then connected an old Airtel Router to it to extend it's range to the first floor. Its Sunny_A.

Rest of the connections, Sunny_1 and Sunny_2 variants, are the broadband ones. Sunny_1 takes the connection from the fibre optic cable and Sunny_2 connection is made by adding another router to the ground floor which is connected via a lan cable to Sunny_1.

Although wifi range extenders are available in the market, nothing beats the connections between two routers when connected with a LAN cable.

I get decent coverage now. Wherever I am in my home, I am connected.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 8.41.50 AM.jpeg

This is the speed of the broadband, the fibre optic one.

I pay 800 for unlimited FUP.

SPeed.png

This is the speed of the internet connection using a jio sim and a simcard enabled wi-fi router. I changed the APN of the jio simcard and I believe not many people are using that APN in my area. I get a decent speed.

speed_jio.png

The firbe optic broadband that I use has a kind of monopoly in the area that I live now. There are underground cables and only this ISP (the one that I use) has the contract to lay down and use these cables. There are no overhead cables in the society that I live. I believe, there are trade offs that we have to live with. The fibre optic connection is buggy at times but still, is good enough for me to work when ever I want. I use the JIo Sim enabled router for an emergency situation. Whenver some construction work is being done , the internet gets buggy. However, I am happy with this trade-off since I can have a view of the sunrise from my balcony without any wires obstructing the view.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I have 40mbps plan from Airtel maximum in my area , upload is 9 mbps.
But thats just on paper these days , mostly it gives 15 down and 3 up. Have giving serious complaints since October 2020 before that it was stable.
Constant touch with Airtel broadband social media team and ground level team.
Hopefully the line would be upgraded to true fiber network by jan2021 end.
Main point to keep sticking with Airtel is the land line connection.
Keep track of your upstream and downstream in the modem maintenance page. And keep complaining that's what i have been doing and the ground team is supportive. There is something call open profile on Airtel which they have to close from backend to increase upstream rate.

This 40mbps is sufficient for me if it works the way it should be. I complaint bon twitter and facebook to escalate the issue.
Now they keep track of my broadband streams.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk
File a complanint on PGportal and then forward it to airtel if you dont get it resolved. I got them to give me free Amazon Prime for an year. They were refusing to provide it and said, they will only give it to a new connection. I also reamined loyal to Airtel because of the landline. I got 16mbps speed on a 40mbps connection. However, I was told of this before I took the connection and I was happy.

Never got any serious trouble, in 3 years, only 3-4 complaints. Everytime, it got resolved before noon. Airtel does provides a good service in Lucknow.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
File a complanint on PGportal and then forward it to airtel if you dont get it resolved. I got them to give me free Amazon Prime for an year. They were refusing to provide it and said, they will only give it to a new connection. I also reamined loyal to Airtel because of the landline. I got 16mbps speed on a 40mbps connection. However, I was told of this before I took the connection and I was happy.

Never got any serious trouble, in 3 years, only 3-4 complaints. Everytime, it got resolved before noon. Airtel does provides a good service in Lucknow.
It is finally resolved after 2 months of continuous issues Social media and ground staff helped the issue was with main fiber lien.

hardy

This is mine... 6+2 months for Rs. 5300 and unlimited download(actually 650gb and then speed degrade to 5mbps I think) download. Hathway Internet.

How about people post the cost/package/reliability etc as well for a fair comparison on top of just speed? :?:

1609950393908.png

Reactions: cat

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
This is mine... 6+2 months for Rs. 5300 and unlimited download(actually 650gb and then speed degrade to 5mbps I think) download. Hathway Internet.

How about people post the cost/package/reliability etc as well for a fair comparison on top of just speed? :?:

View attachment 791910
Mine is Airtel 40mbps download and 9 mbps upload , unlimited data + landline (local and std)
499 + gst = 588/- monthly.
Speed drop is there but the service is good they respond quickly only this last time it took a month to get a proper resolution.

Waiting for fiber upgradation in my area for higher speed.

Theloststory

Mine is Hathaway too, around Rs 3500 for three months. I don’t remember which scheme I signed up for.
Internet has become ubiquitous. It’s like electricity. We cannot imagine a life without it.

I have a shaky speed consistency but in its prime it is fast around 20mbps which is great to see especially if you are aware of the how people use their internet. It is hard to nail down a proper consistent speed but it will be up to how the connection is made because when I use the internet port with an ethernet cable, it is a great feeling because I can see that there is a proper way of using the internet and that is still not wifi because the capable is still the best choice.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is Airtel 40mbps download and 9 mbps upload , unlimited data + landline (local and std)
499 + gst = 588/- monthly.
I doubt Airtel would offer unlimited data with any of their plans. This company has been cheating its customers from the very outset.
Could you please specify what your FUP is.