What's stopping Bajaj to bring KTM

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by PRODiGY, Feb 26, 2010.

1. PRODiGY

PRODiGY Member

In November 2007, Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Auto Ltd. acquired 14.5% stake in KTM Power Sports AG (holding company of KTM Sportmotocycles AG). The two companies have signed a cooperation deal, by which KTM will provide the know-how for joint development of the water-cooled 4-stroke 125 cc and 250 cc engines, and Bajaj will take over the distribution of KTM products in India and some other Southeast Asian nations. In December 2007, Bajaj increased their stake to more than 20%.

Bajaj Auto currently holds 31.72% stake.[2]

Source:Wiki

I know they will not bring the 690 duke but what's stopping them from developing a 250 cc single water cooled 25 bhp bike which they can sell for 2 lakhs:confused:

how many think that the 4 valve 135 engine was developed with the help of austrians :rolleyes:

2. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

3. Praful

Praful Guru

Patience my friend!

The cogs are in motion already. The crazy 690 Duke and the sexy RC8 will come to our shores. Most definitely not this year, but by end of next year expect some of the madness to begin.

I'm waiting for the 690 to hit the markets, will sell of an arm and leg to have that one in my garage! :D