Where can I see snow in December-January?

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I have never seen snowfall in my life till date. I want to plan a trip where I want to stay for a week and see snowfall. However, I also feel that since snowfall hinders the road traffic, how should I plan my trip and to where?

Suggestions for places required. I need internet connectivity too at the place.

Kindly advise.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Even in December end, there is not going to be any guarantee that you will get to see snowfall. Generally January and February receives more snowfall than December. Manali would be your best bet with easy internet connectivity and good chance of snowfall.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Even in December end, there is not going to be any guarantee that you will get to see snowfall. Generally January and February receives more snowfall than December. Manali would be your best bet with easy internet connectivity and good chance of snowfall.
Thanks for your reply. If I choose Manali, will there be any problems reaching there? I don't want to drive there. How can I reach there? Like, I can get to Delhi and then take bus/cab there?
Srinagar-Gulmarg.
Same query, how to reach there? Srinagar by flight seems plausible.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
There are a lot of buses going to Manali from Delhi. You also take a flight to Bhunter and taxi from there to Manali. If it snows heavily at Manali, then roads can get jammed up, like anywhere else.

Problem with Kashmir is, you cannot depend on internet connection. If there is any security issue, it gets turned off.

adsatinder

explorer
Mcleodganj is also good if going during snowfall only.
I mean late December, January & February.
It all depends on western Disturbance.
keep eye on weather.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
There are a lot of buses going to Manali from Delhi. You also take a flight to Bhunter and taxi from there to Manali. If it snows heavily at Manali, then roads can get jammed up, like anywhere else.

Problem with Kashmir is, you cannot depend on internet connection. If there is any security issue, it gets turned off.
Manali offers lots of other places too nearby, like Manikaran. Seems good choice.

Mcleodganj is also good if going during snowfall only.
I mean late December, January & February.
It all depends on western Disturbance.
keep eye on weather.

That's the only problem Sirji. Weather. I live in lucknow. I have to get to Delhi to be able to get anywhere. In Winters trains and all get delayed so much and if I will tell my parents, I am going by car to Delhi in winter, I will sure get scolded since there are so many accidents on expressways in fog/winter.

adsatinder

explorer
That's the only problem Sirji. Weather. I live in lucknow. I have to get to Delhi to be able to get anywhere. In Winters trains and all get delayed so much and if I will tell my parents, I am going by car to Delhi in winter, I will sure get scolded since there are so many accidents on expressways in fog/winter.
Go up from your side to Munsiyari.
Auli , Kausani etc etc are best during Western Disturbance.
When you will go up from Lucknow, there will not be any problem of fog etc after you reach hills fast.