Which coffee maker to buy?

citymonk

Super User
Stumbled upon a nice thread.
I will second Anup mathur ji on powder from Coffee board and Deven's various blends.Coffee Board is best among south indian blends.

I rather buy Green tea from him rather then coffee powder out of his grinding mill at Khanna market.
I assume coffee Board has right mix of chicorey and coffee for that taste and aroma.

Btw daven has grown to international standards, his blends in international packing are available at various expat stores in SDA and Vasant vihar.Also are avilable cup shaped paper filter packs from china.

On reheating the cup, every body forbids it, but that double decker south indian tumbler takes some time to filter the decoction and in winter of north you love your cup hot. What are other members doing, heating the decoction before ading some milk,sugar.

citymonk

Super User
This is what I purchased today from nearby Madras provision store.
This coffee powder (LEO) has very good aroma in comparision to others we use.
80 to 20 percent coffee / chikoree ratio.

Another pack (Cauvery) 100% pure, which I brought was passed on to me as that, from Coffee Board.But actually it from Ex-employee association of coffe board, packed in Mayur vihar delhi. Have not checked its quality, thinking of returning it to store.

Note to moderator : I am not able to attach/upload the pictures, JPEG 1200 X 900.

- - - Updated - - -

Have finally managed to upload Images. I use steel coffee filter as shown in second image.

Attachments

Last edited:

ank12m

A V12 engine in a coffee maker thread!? No...this is not an OT post either!

EV_0021.jpg

Image Source
Espresso Veloce

Guess what...It's an Espresso Machine shaped like a car engine...coffee filters guise as oil filters...the final brew is released from...well...the exhaust tubes!:eek:
And alas...it does not come with an ignition key mechanism to fire the brewing process with some divine sounds!

No prizes for guessing the price...as it has not been announced!:grin:

Last edited:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
...the final brew is released from...well...the exhaust tubes!:eek:
I think the brew is released from just one exhaust pipe - the first one. Notice that is the only one having a drip pan below it.

Last edited:

ank12m

I think the brew is released from just one exhaust pipe - the first one. Notice that is the only one having a drip pan below it.
Spot on sir! Guess would this qualify for home use then?!:rolleyes:

Btw, it also boasts of an in-built alcohol tank...a mere pressing of a button will inject a 2.5ml dose of it in the brew.
This surely will be delight for those Bacchus lovers who wish to have 'coffee cocktails' spun by this V12!

Specifications ? Espresso Veloce

Last edited by a moderator:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spot on sir! Guess would this qualify for home use then?!:rolleyes:
Ha ha, it's all a matter of perception; you can use any machine for home use, just as long you have the wherewithal to purchase it and run it! ;)

And doesn't 2.5 ml seem a tad too little? That would be a very feeble Irish coffee! :grin:

amitmaggoo

Insanity is Hereditary
Bumping this thread after long. Didnt post the pics of my machine initially due to laziness and in sometime I realised I definitely needed something better.

Ended up buying the CCD Espresso machine which uses capsules. Wasnt satisfied with that also.

Finally after much deliberation ended up buying this with the grinder. Costs a fortune and is big in size but then you cant get the best of both worlds.

Coffee Machine.jpg

Last edited: