Which coffee maker to buy?

oriole12

Nature Lover
I used to buy the coffee beans sold by India Coffee House. After I discovered Deven's in Khanna Market, I buy from him. For Soth Indian Filter Coffee we use 50:50 mixture of Plantation Arabica and Peaberry, medium roast. Recently, I discovered he also keeps Monsooned Coffee. I now both, Special Blent (50:50 Plantation Peaberry ) smooth grind for South Indian and Monsooned coarse grain for Coffee maker.

amitmaggoo

Insanity is Hereditary
Sir currently using Espresso blend from Devans. Wish I could source beans used by Costa... love their coffee.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sir currently using Espresso blend from Devans. Wish I could source beans used by Costa... love their coffee.
Amazon is your friend.
A machine like this deserves top grade beans/grounds.

Do post some more pics of the machine, and the coffee that you make.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I've started drinking coffee lately. I have learned a bit from this thread and from few blogs on the internet.

As of now I boil the requisite amount of water and turn off the heat after it boils. Then I just pour some coffee powder in it and let it be that way for 15-45 mins (as per the time I have). Then I filter it using a fine strainer and drink it. A little concentrate still stays at bottom and I avoid drinking it.

Is this okay? I have no issue with taste and I get sufficient energy from the caffeine.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it works for you, enjoy! These are personal matters and if you are happy with the result, look no further. :)

uturn

Super User
I've started drinking coffee lately. I have learned a bit from this thread and from few blogs on the internet.

As of now I boil the requisite amount of water and turn off the heat after it boils. Then I just pour some coffee powder in it and let it be that way for 15-45 mins (as per the time I have). Then I filter it using a fine strainer and drink it. A little concentrate still stays at bottom and I avoid drinking it.

Is this okay? I have no issue with taste and I get sufficient energy from the caffeine.
You can get good coffee powder even filter(simple) at any ccd outlets.

Just put some powder at top of filter add boiling water (2 to 3 spoon of powder and a cup of boiling water as strong you need)
you will get decoction in filter use it with milk.

We use coffee filter in the night and use decoction next day.
20170306_221910-1.jpg
20170306_221915-1-1.jpg
20170306_221930-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

oriole12

Nature Lover

Prasham, What you do is a perfectly acceptable procedure for making decent coffee. You can easily use a French Press to help you make similar coffee almost instantly. The South Indian filter shown above is really great, but the percolation takes time. French Press is available online at most portals. There are several stove-top coffee makers online. They also make decent coffee fast.