Which front loading washing machine to buy?

kprixie

Re: Announce Anything here

Hey friends....the washing Machine broke down again so i gotta buy a new one ASAP. so would appreciate some reviews from others. i am looking for a good front load, 6 kgs, basically a real good, clean wash. IFB has bad reviews online for their poor service. does anyone any info on Siemens washing machines.

wicked

Banned
Try miele! A bit on higher price but then, my family has been using it for last 14 years without even changing its paint, and it works as good as a new machine in first year. It is said to withstand brutal treatment with ease, and comes with 20 years guarantee, not warranty, guarantee! thing is, you never get to claim it!

kprixie

thanks friends....is Miele available in chandigarh? i havent seen it here. our friends all have IFB and they r happy with it. but online the reviews are horrible service. how much is the Miele for?

classicrajat

The Legend

Kprixie Mam, kindly visit Bosch dealership and 'dekho' it's product...the quality & performance is simply awesome.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose

We are using IFB machines in our homes, and are quite satisfied with the product quality and service support.

Although both of them took a beating in last few years, but still, we are happy! :)

wicked

Banned

thanks friends....is Miele available in chandigarh? i havent seen it here. our friends all have IFB and they r happy with it. but online the reviews are horrible service. how much is the Miele for?
Miele is very well there in Chandigarh. We bought it for around 76K back in 1998 when it was not even present in India. Got it sourced through some jugaad in customs and believe me, this German thing still runs gruesomely good, with insect proof body, solid german construction and with new miele, you get more electricity efficient machines these days. Only thing, it runs like a damn generator under woodbox and for me it has the same level of charisma as a bull's sound is to a bullet fanboy! Its cult! ;)

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member

Miele is very well there in Chandigarh. We bought it for around 76K back in 1998 when it was not even present in India. Got it sourced through some jugaad in customs and believe me, this German thing still runs gruesomely good, ....
...and, just for the record, our Sumeet K30 front loading washing machine served us from April 1988 to July 2012!
One water pump renewed, a couple of door gaskets, a drain hose and one other hose.
Finally, last year, the motor gave up the ghost.
Beat that!

wicked

Banned

...and, just for the record, our Sumeet K30 front loading washing machine served us from April 1988 to July 2012!
One water pump renewed, a couple of door gaskets, a drain hose and one other hose.
Finally, last year, the motor gave up the ghost.
Beat that!
With so many things changed, though not much, its not even remotely close to what Miele has offered us, in 14 years, not a single niggle, single! Not even wire getting damaged or circuitry issues nor any rusted parts, nothing whatsoever. Yeah at price point, your sumeet seems to have won the war but rest, Miele eats it out easily! And mind you, its still fit as a fiddle! I am sure it will last another 20 years easily! Now beat that! ;)