Which front loading washing machine to buy?

wicked

Banned
One more friendly and free piece of advice - Avoid IFB like mosquitos avoid mosq. repellants! Its worse than you ever imagined. One of my ex-bosses' IFB front loading machine caught fire, thankfully he was at home to handle it, but then it ended up in trashing his all the backyard, ceiling and IFB isn't seemingly willing to do anything, since they hadn't taken AMC.
Bosch is typical German, legendary build quality and what a performer it is. Two known to own Bosch washing machines and they were all praises and no wonder German's are suckers for their machines!
LG is best brand in terms of AMC things, their aftersales is amongst the finest I've ever seen. Of course better than the best being, Miele. Also, do not go for Godrej or Samsung, they too aren't so well placed. Whirpool is good but LG's top end is great! you can go for that as well.

wicked

Banned
^ Try searching pissed LG/Godrej/Samsung consumers then put up the comparisons here, chances are, you won't even be able to put up them all and summarize compared to Miele. Of course there are niggles in every machine and those experiences about washing machines are handful of few in thousands of consumers around. :)

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
.... Of course there are niggles in every machine ...
Machine breaking down is fine. Do read deeper and see what kind of service Miele provided! :shock:
At 1.5 lakhs for the basic model, I do think Miele will have to do better than this! :rolleyes:

LG is best brand in terms of AMC things, their aftersales is amongst the finest I've ever seen. ...

I have no further comment.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Well, I'm no spokesperson of IFB, but we and many in our circle are among the happy users of IFB machines since years.
Yes, the service support took a beating in last few years, but that is the case with almost every other brand available! Still we manage somehow to mend it to our benefit.... pyaar se bolo.. sab kaam ho jayange... ;)

Our older model is Senator 6KG, and is working fine since last 4+ years.
The newest one is Elena VX purchased last year.

WRT LG's service.... they took 3 days to arrive for a demo of a new refrigerator! :rolleyes:

kprixie

I have liked LG so far ...their steamwash one. i was quite impressed with Miele, their reviews, etc but do i want to pay 1.5 lakhs for a base model and then the of course over the years the machine will have some few glitches ...like all do.....i dont think i wanna pay more then for expensive parts etc. it might not have any glitches but after paying around 2 lakhs..i dont wanna take that chance....

Big Daddy

Super User
Does India has Maytag brand? I am using Maytag machine for last 11 years without any problems. It is front load but not steamwash.

khoj

Another thing I remembered from last year's sojourns to the market is that one cannot wash either jeans or duvets in certain (read most) models of Siemens and Bosch. This is clearly mentioned in their specifications. No such restrictions with LG.

i checked out Bosch WM today...all of them have more or less same features with fancy names...too confusing...i just want a fabulous wash..all bright , clean and disinfected..as in steamwashed. i have read extensive reviews online and so far Miele has got super reviews...for their outstanding wash quality and no complaints etc....otherwise next is LG and IFB...but very bad reviews online about IFB after sales and products..

I honestly hope that you will get the LG steamwash and then put in a user review a couple of months down the line. It is quite rare that someone will buy the washer dryer combo leave aside the steamwash. Rarer still that the person buying the Steamwash will be a member here or even similar forums. You therefore are in a unique position to enable all of us to have a peek in to the world of steam cleaning.

I have liked LG so far ...their steamwash one. i was quite impressed with Miele, their reviews, etc but do i want to pay 1.5 lakhs for a base model and then the of course over the years the machine will have some few glitches ...like all do.....i dont think i wanna pay more then for expensive parts etc. it might not have any glitches but after paying around 2 lakhs..i dont wanna take that chance....
Oh and if you so desire I am sure that members here will help you out with ideas on how to spend the :r: 70K odd you will save from not buying the Mielle, not that ladies need any help in the area but if need be we are all here to assist :p