Which front loading washing machine to buy?

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
You therefore are in a unique position to enable all of us to have a peek in to the world of steam cleaning.
He he, don't fall for that, kprixie! :grin:
Steam wash is only hype. It can be used with very few garments/clothes. Most garments, and indeed even modern day bed clothes, cannot take a hot wash because they are made with delicate fabrics!
Further, steam washing is very environment unfriendly. And also power bill unfriendly! :p
There's nothing that steam wash accomplishes that a good hot wash at 95°C will not do. A bit of bleach, for cottons that can take it, will be the max you ever need.

A good, purpose built, tumble dryer would be very useful for the few very wet and/or cold months of the year.

kprixie

I asked the salesman how steamwash is better than washing with hot water and he had no convincing answer to give....just said arey..steamwash is anyday better than hotwash. so not totally convinced here. all our friends have IFB and r happy with their machines and services. so..its a toss between LG and IFB.
god!...how diff it is just to buy a simple washing machine with EXCELLENT wash results. thats all. thing is when u go to shops to survey the range..the salesmen completely saturate u ...confuse u with so much talk.
@Khoj.......yes we ladies dont need any help in spending money...coz we know where to save and how to use it well...economically. if given a choice we prefer to spend money on our family and homes...not all women head to the jewellery showrooms....:grin:.......we are constructing our house...so i can spend that money in the kitchen...

wicked

Banned
congrats! LG is a great value for money, and I have heard some good reviews about steam wash machine! :) Waiting for your first hand review!

- - - Updated - - -

And glad no IFB you chose.

nishchaya

Dreamer
Congratulations on your purchase. I hope it gives you an excellent wash.
And thanks for this thread, people pitched in with great info!

kprixie

@Wicked.......i wish i cud have bought the Miele one ...but the base model was for 1.5 lac and i did not want the base one. on my next trip to delhi i intend to check out he Miele experience in jasola, mathura rd.
@Nischaya...thanks......will post my review soon.

wicked

Banned
Yeah, sure you always have a next time. Do check the special demo miele guys give, by standing atop at the front loader handle or jumping at machine while it is functioning. :grin:

kprixie

@Mr Mathur....its the 9kg one with 6 kg dryer capacity. the 8 kg one did not have a few functions i wanted. i knew the dealer so from a price of 75 grand i got it for 63 grand. which includes a 1400 for my old top load whirlpool.

- - - Updated - - -

@Wicked..........well i was almost ready for the 1.5 lakh price tag but when i heard its for base model...i decided to go for LG this time.....i asked Miele for their brochure which was extensive...and i think i will go for their kitchen appliances...their ovens look great...

amitmaggoo

Insanity is Hereditary
Good luck. I always wanted to buy an LG for myself but ended but buying a god forsaken IFB due to some damn...