Which front loading washing machine to buy?

ank12m

Congrats @kprixie for the purchase and you seem to have got a steal of a deal here!*
Hope it gives you the trouble-free fabulous wash you have been looking for, for years to come.
Waiting for your comprehensive user review....already tempted to look for a potential suitor for our ageing IFB.:rolleyes:
BTW, is this the one with a striking looking red color?:rolleyes:
LG F1480RDS29 Front Load Washing Machine - 9Kg / 6kg, 6 Motion, Direct Drive Motor, Chrome on Door, Allergy Care, Steam Refresh, Silent Wash, Easy Care, Cotton Eco, Rinse+Spin - LG Electronics IN

wicked

Banned
Holy crap. it looks beautiful, far better what miele could ever appear! Hope it turns out to be one hell of a performer as well!

kprixie

hey Wicked....i was drooling over the Miele brochure....and the LG guy sure did not sit on the washing machine during demo....:grin:
tomm is delivery....will post review after first wash........i am big on colour so the vibrant red is a plus....

wicked

Banned
Hahaha! LG salesman demo is limited to 'Presenting you the finest.' nothing like rugged miele, where he starts from banging the front loader handle into the body. Infact there was this model of miele washing machine, which was said to be bulletproof and nothing could ever pierce it.
However, LG is great as well and not all washing machines need that kind of beating. Of course you're not going to stand atop it while its functioning! ;)

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
.... Infact there was this model of miele washing machine, which was said to be bulletproof and nothing could ever pierce it.
Common sense demands that it be seriously questioned why a washing machine needs to be bullet proof!(?)
If customers are expected to pay inordinate sums of money for such a feature it is tantamount to an insult to their intelligence, quite apart from the fact that it is almost criminal misuse of the Earth's resources! :rolleyes:

kprixie

Well....every company tries to outdo the competition by coming up with new improved versions of the same. now Miele is top of the range so i guess they are selling their sturdy machines with these demos....as far as bulletproof goes..am sure the likes of Ambanis wont mind paying so much just for this bullet proof thing. is this bullet proof thing feasible...??? who cares coz i sure am not ever gonna buy it....
thank u Mr Mathur... i have realised if u do look around and compare prices, u get a better deal as there is competition amongst these shop guys to sell there products.so i went to 4-5 LG showrooms for a comparision and the price differences were huge in most of them.i will post my review soon...spl when i use the steamwash function....
btw...Emirates has Miele coffee machines in their Business/ first class lounges....

Last edited:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw...Emirates has Miele coffee machines in their Business/ first class lounges....
Ha ha, that is a carefully crafted 'brand image'!
Rich Europeans will feel comforted seeing Miele machines (rather than Japanese or American machines); it offsets some of the guilt they are carrying for not flying Lufthansa, KLM or Swissair! :grin:

ank12m

...why a washing machine needs to be bullet proof!(?)...
Sir, it seems more likely an analogy to depict the Miele's built and reliability, rather than literally bullet proof...unless, of course, Miele had some bitter experience with some disgruntled customers wanting to vent their frustration by chasing and shooting them down, and they hiding inside the broken Meile WM:grin: