Which front loading washing machine to buy?

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sir, it seems more likely an analogy to depict the Miele's built and reliability, rather than literally bullet proof......
You're not paying attention in class! :grin:
Do read this again:
.... Infact there was this model of miele washing machine, which was said to be bulletproof and nothing could ever pierce it.

Last edited:

ank12m

You're not paying attention in class! :grin:
Do read this again:
Ops..my bad. Well in that case, only the second postulation above holds true....' Miele had some bitter experience with some disgruntled customers wanting to vent their frustration by chasing and shooting them down, and they hiding inside the broken Meile WM' :lol:
Unless @wicked can throw some more light on this:grin:

khoj

kprixie, congratulations on the new purchase and at a fantastic price. Ask the LG service technician who will come for the install regarding the extended warranty for the machine (including rubber and plastic parts) other than the motor, which in any case is covered for 10years. The extension will cover the machine for an additional 6 years beyond the standard 2 year warranty period and will cost you around the same as the discount you negotiated. Since you know the store owner he might be able to give you a better deal yet again.

hey Wicked....i was drooling over the Miele brochure....and the LG guy sure did not sit on the washing machine during demo....:grin:
tomm is delivery....will post review after first wash........i am big on colour so the vibrant red is a plus....

kprixie

thanks for ure advice @Khoj.....will get the extended warranty. so far the machine is good. steamwash has improved the towels immensely. much brighter now and cleaner. i use Amway SA8 washing liquid....its the best, better than any Ariel.

medpal

@kprixie

hows your machine is working, our samsung top loader is breathing its last and rather than doing any ICU transplants I am asking my wife and mom to go for new one.

Have noted all models or brands suggested here, Miele is totally out of plans because of my place where service will be non existant even if I manage to source it.

kprixie

Medpal...the LG WM is working just fine. i am extremely happy with it and the clothes do come out much cleaner and better than my last machine but that could also be the different washing liquid i am using. i started using the Amway washing liquid and its great. i also dry my clothes in the machine if i am in a hurry etc and they are dried just perfectly.

medpal

kprixie : thanks

few more questions : How much time total cycle take, wash + rinse + spin? not the dryer.

How much is the noise?

The one you purchased is now retailing at 80k but not available anywhere in surat, and will not be available in near future too.

considering the space constraints I am thinking of 8 kg variant . dealers and service technicians are praising Siemens > Bosch > LG in that order so looking at all three.

kprixie

Medpal...there are different cycles in the machine and depends what u choose. so there is a quick wash cycle for 30 mins and then there are different cycles for quilts, disinfect, allergy wash etc ...i have used the allergy wash and quite liked it. they also have a 19 min cycle...which is a kind of refresh. i have used this cycle and its great for the clothes you wear once and they r not dirty but u can refresh them with just steam and no water or wash liquid etc...
i dunno about samsung etc, but am very happy with this LG. btw...we took this machine on the 0% instalment scheme. its good.

Sandeep Dhawan

The Contrarian!
Any thoughts on Bosch Washing Machines? Here in Bangalore, Bosch is top rated seller on Front Load WMs. More than half of my offshore team use Bosch WMs. Siemens also have showrooms here.